• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: Tesco’s Finest

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpower2540

Our fullbacks being the main worry, no real fast spark from either side which is really limiting us in both attack and defense...Bellerin used to be quick, but injuries have taken that away.
Had enough of Bellerin tbh. The guy had several opportunities to put a good ball in and messed it up, Partey coming back will certainly make a difference I’d also like to see Maitland Niles over Bellerin now.

I don’t want to keep kicking managers when the squad is in such a state but there are players he need to move away from now and I’m not convinced he’s going to. I’m still clinging on to a hope that if we tough it out in a year or so we’ll look a vastly different/better team but I can’t really blame people for losing faith at this point, it’s really bad.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Simply dreadful, the only FB worse than him is Bellerin. F*ck it if he can only pass the ball to our goalie

novar

We really overrate this guy based on looks too, just like Arteta.

He still has a lot of useful talents and can shine under a system that doesn't demand the world of him anyway, so not really the problem.

Kav

Established Member
Some times it is better to take a step back rather than Have a go at the players when they can’t help certain things. It’s not like Tierney can instantly become a faster player.

Traore roasted a lot of players not just Tierney.

Neto roasted both Bellerin and Holding on the other flank. It happens.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Good player and seems a top character. Definitely should be a fixture in the team for the foreseeable future, but he doesnt really have any attributes that really stand out.

I think we need a more agile fullback on the opposite side that is really good on the ball. Lamptey is the one.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
seems mentally shot ... previous game wanted to fight post-match and this game lost his head completely

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Far from one our worst players last night, Xhaka, Ceballos, Bellerin and Auba were comfortably worse. Tierney is the least of our problems, still young too and this is his first proper season with us after a very injury hit first season.

blaze_of_glory

We need to find a forward who can consistently get on the end of his crosses. Or set up so Auba is able to do it.

sdotzdot

Established Member
Great mentality, type of player you want at your club for a long time.

However, ability wise he has left me suspicious if he’s good enough long term. This isn’t the first time he’s had a torrid time in defending one on ones, this was by no means the worst one, which isn’t a great compliment.

Time will tell.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Great mentality, type of player you want at your club for a long time.

However, ability wise he has left me suspicious if he’s good enough long term. This isn’t the first time he’s had a torrid time in defending one on ones, this was by no means the worst one, which isn’t a great compliment.

Time will tell.
He’s basically a kid, he’s got growing to do physically and mentally.

Tbf getting ripped by Traore and Salah isn’t anything to be ashamed of.

I’d say going forward would hold him back from being World Class he’s pretty much kick it and run. Defensively though he’s capable of reaching the top for sure.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
People are overreacting because he struggled against the strongest and probably quickest player in the league with absolutely no midfield in front of him. Meanwhile, Xhaka is back to strolling around the pitch, Willian continues to steal a living and there's a weird new narrative that Kroenke spends like Abramovich despite never putting a cent into the club. These last few years really have taken a toll.

Reactions: roz

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
He’s basically a kid, he’s got growing to do physically and mentally.

Tbf getting ripped by Traore and Salah isn’t anything to be ashamed of.

I’d say going forward would hold him back from being World Class he’s pretty much kick it and run. Defensively though he’s capable of reaching the top for sure.

He doesn't need to be world class. I look at him like a younger Monreal.

These sort of players usually will give a 7/10 sort of performance consistently.

He has the right mentality, very good crosser and combines well with his teammates. Most of our players will benefit from a more potent midfield.

Even with Partey, we still need a least two more midfielders with quality.

One to control games and another that can provide assists and goals. Not everyone on the team needs to be world class.

You really only need your CM, GK and main Forward to be world class to be a great team. Everyone else just needs to be consistent, do the dirty work and show commitment to the course even when they are off form.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He still never put foot wrong since start of season maybe few noticeable mistakes but nothing disaster. He miles better than bellerin defensively he also good going forward but struggling to do something like whole of team

Manberg

Predator
He needs to improve his 1 on 1 defending against skilful players. Yes Traore is hard for anyone to defend against but we’ve seen Tierney struggle against the likes of Salah, Mane, Mahrez, Cancelo etc. Skilful players keep beating him. The winger could do more to help (usually Saka), but then people will say that will make us too defensive and compromise our attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom