• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: Top Tier

Tom349

Monumental downgrade on what we want out of our full back.

Arteta needs to revisit how he is going to use him moving forward, need to play like a traditional full back.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Was an OK performance. Did tuck in like zinny sometimes but really wasn't as influential.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Did his best, just can't do want Olek can do, no shame in that.

Will have a big part to play this season still.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
People will give him stick, but this was pretty much his first game in a new role.

Let him adapt FFS.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Did nothing wrong, we attacked in the exact same way we did vs Bournemouth.

Things didn't really improve when he got out and we had Martinelli, Xhaka and even Saka covering in for him

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Much better defensively than Zinny but yeah rusty going forward and didn't add as much as he usually can.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If we play him we don't need to play him in inverted role he'll need pre season and many games to get this role. Just play him like before

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Doesn't matter how fit he is or how many minutes he gets, he will never provide what Zinchenko does. Two completely different players, both good in their own ways, but Zinchenko is essential to how Arteta wants to set up the team.

Tom349

Doesn't matter how fit he is or how many minutes he gets, he will never provide what Zinchenko does. Two completely different players, both good in their own ways, but Zinchenko is essential to how Arteta wants to set up the team.

Gabriel ultimately at fault for their goal but if Zinchenko is where Tierney was he is moving and creating an option. Tierney lacks understanding of where he needs to be when playing an inverted full back. Use to hiding on the touchline.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The thing is, despite thinking he’s pretty average, I’d still start him in certain games. Against United next Sunday I’d rather him at LB than Zinchenko, purely because of how United will set up.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I thought he was decent defensively, just doesn't offer what we're looking for offensively as an inverted full-back. Still a valuable asset for the team as a rotation player, but we'll need to adjust our style when he's the one playing.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Started his first game since April, was always going to struggle today. Got through 65 minutes and Zinchenko got a rest, turned out pretty well

Alkesh

Definitely a case where the team has left him behind as it evolved. Xhaka was half as influential as the first three games, and it definitely felt like we had trouble keeping control of the midfield and creating overloads (not helped by Elneny as a starter, it should be mentioned).

Interestingly I felt the team shape was slightly better when Tomiyasu came on as a LB. Not his usual position, but he slots inside more comfortably than Tierney does as that inverted fullback. Neither offer what Zinchenko does going forward, but given White's emergence as a RB it makes me wonder if Arteta is looking at Tomiyasu as a possible solution for Zinchenko's cover.

I'm not quite ready to give up on Tierney, but between the injuries and the stylistic mismatch with the current squad, it feels like it might not be a bad idea to explore our options in the market in the coming windows and see what kind of value he might have.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Unfortunate for his first start to come in a game which will only highlight his deficiencies.

See no issue having a more natural fullback in the squad.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I am sorry, i am sorry to be proven right, he is just a weak link, especially with how we want to play now.

Attacking - Just doesn't have the technical level. You can see when he passes, its not instant, there is always hesitation, a delay. He's not comfortable receiving the ball in tight spaces. He's definitely not comfortable drifting into the middle of the pitch, and when out wide, he's not comfortable to build, he'll just hit a cross.

Defensively - Once again, all attacks came down his side. Once again, Villa eventually scored from a corner conceded by him backing off and backing off. Rarely does he engage in the same way Tomiyasu or White do.

We should cash in next summer. Nothing against Tierney, but he's just not upto it at this level.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
No idea what is he exactly doing wrong, attacks have gone to that side the entire season thanks to Xhaka's new role, attacking wise you take him out and absolutely nothing improves

Probably people still enamored with Zinchenko's 20 minutes against Palace which still accounts for our best football this season so far, but the issues today were not on Tierney at all

Latest posts+

Top Bottom