• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: Top Tier

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I asked a Citeh supporting mate if Zinny was injury prone there. He said bar a long term injury he was largely fit. There’s something about players joining us that makes them succumb to injuries. Proper annoying.
That's simply not true. Zinchenko missed on average of 10-15 games per season for City due to injuries.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

That's simply not true. Zinchenko missed on average of 10-15 games per season for City due to injuries.
According to Transfermarkt in 20/21 he missed 12 games and 3 of those were due to "Quarantine". 21/22 he missed 10 games and 4 of those were due to "Covid".

That's 9 and then 6 games missed due to injuries, rather than an illness, in the past two seasons.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
According to Transfermarkt in 20/21 he missed 12 games and 3 of those were due to "Quarantine". 21/22 he missed 10 games and 4 of those were due to "Covid".

That's 9 and then 6 games missed due to injuries, rather than an illness, in the past two seasons.

That's true but 6 to 10 games per season due to injury is also not a good look, he definitely is injury proned and not because of joining us

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Things not looking good for him :(

But hopefully it's just because he's been playing midweek

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Tierney is class, are people forgetting some of the jokers we’ve had as left back over the years?!
He's not class. He's a Newcastle/Everton/Palace level full back. He's too limited for how we want to play. Clunky and rash on the ball, and nowhere near as good defensively as many on here seem to think.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

He was the only sub that impacted the game today. I like him, he adds a different element that is sometimes required, we should have started him today IMO.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Should have started he natural LB but mikel have some wierd need stuff when refusing to change winning side. We could've had more chances at 1st half and maybe scored more against Leeds

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
The left side really got lively as soon as he came on, but no, Arteta wants to play pragmatic against Southampton.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He did provide some much needed impetus and I was shocked he didn't start.

However, it looked like it forced Xhaka to drop 10-15 yards. Perhaps that was tactical but if it wasn’t then it’s a damming indicator of why we’re seeing him phased out.

Obviously it’s very early in the season to draw conclusions. I do get the feeling though that club wouldn’t be opposed to a hefty bid coming in, maybe from a certain Saudi Arabia backed club.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

He did provide some much needed impetus and I was shocked he didn't start.

However, it looked like it forced Xhaka to drop 10-15 yards. Perhaps that was tactical but if it wasn’t then it’s a damming indicator of why we’re seeing him phased out.

Obviously it’s very early in the season to draw conclusions. I do get the feeling though that club wouldn’t be opposed to a hefty bid coming in, maybe from a certain Saudi Arabia backed club.

I thought that was due more to the fact that we couldn't get a foothold in midfield. TP5 was pretty much invisible in the last 30 mins.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
With each passing game I wonder if he is a misfit for this level and this style of club.

He's more a Conté style or Simeone style fullback, way too direct and doesn't have much composure or decision making to elabourate the play.

I've no doubt Arteta has tried to work on it but it's going to be hard to re-wire him, it seems.

Might be best to cash in on him in the summer and buy a capable in possession player like Grimaldo, even if it sucks to lose a top guy like him from the dressing room.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
He had a good game, but probably because Holding and Saliba were a disaster

I agree he's not really fit for what Arteta wants, but because the alternatives Arteta has tried are all clear downgrades, he still has a place here.

MikeVinna

Established Member
He just isn’t the inverted fullback type of player. Let Tomi/White tuck in and Tierney on the overlap..

albino

With each passing game I wonder if he is a misfit for this level and this style of club.

He's more a Conté style or Simeone style fullback, way too direct and doesn't have much composure or decision making to elabourate the play.

I've no doubt Arteta has tried to work on it but it's going to be hard to re-wire him, it seems.

Might be best to cash in on him in the summer and buy a capable in possession player like Grimaldo, even if it sucks to lose a top guy like him from the dressing room.
KT, is a great player plagued with injuries! Overlapping n crossing immense.

Top Bottom