• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: Top Tier

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Really frustrating today he didn't offer much offensively still need to start against Nottingham.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Really frustrating today he didn't offer much offensively still need to start against Nottingham.
Why? Tomi, surely.

I'm seeing enough of Tierney that his Scottish football style is not a good fit for our football. He needs to really adapt and mature his game or he's not going to make it here.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Why? Tomi, surely.

I'm seeing enough of Tierney that his Scottish football style is not a good fit for our football. He needs to really adapt and mature his game or he's not going to make it here.
I just think we need enough players that help us go forward Tomi is more suited as RB and offensively he won't do much.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
I just think we need enough players that help us go forward Tomi is more suited as RB and offensively he won't do much.
We need players that make us play better in possession, like Zinchenko, and help us to control more the game and get into good spaces consistently and with control like we were when Zinchenko was in the side. Tierney is really an anti for this, don't think he really helps us going forward with his decision making either...and Tomi is the closest thing we've got in Zinchenko's absence.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Ice Cube Friday GIF

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Think plenty of you will miss him if we sell him in the summer and use Tavares.

You want Tavares back just to piss people off and prove a point? :lol:

Tavares most likely isn't coming back. Tierney probably stays one more season, but a lot on here saw his status in the team coming. He was overrated at the time though, so measured and reasonable opinions were shut down and you know the rest.

He got a lot of mileage out of the fanbase with very silly things like Tesco bags and short sleeves, it was always going to catch up to him.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Tavares most likely isn't coming back. Tierney probably stays one more season, but a lot on here saw his status in the team coming. He was overrated at the time though, so measured and reasonable opinions were shut down and you know the rest.

He got a lot of mileage out of the fanbase with very silly things like Tesco bags and short sleeves, it was always going to catch up to him.
You only have to look at his style of play to see that it was always going to end up like this, whether you think he was overrated or not, he’s just not a possession style LB, even in a traditional LB role. The inverted LB role with its increased demands in possession just accelerated the beginning of the end for him.

You, @2Smokeyy and I called this last season, maybe even the season before and got run off the thread though :lol:

Last edited:

Macho

Dusted 🔻

You only have to look at his style of play to see that it was always going to end up like, whether you think he was overrated or not, he’s just not a possession style LB, even in a traditional LB role. The inverted LB role with its increased demands in possession just accelerated the beginning of the end for him.

You, @2Smokeyy and I called this last season, maybe even the season before and got run off the thread though :lol:

Season before for me, that cross spam was a disgrace and credit to him he's relaxed on that since. Last season I said nothing because it wasn't worth, plus many thought that I thought he was a bad player.

He's just not what the fans say he is and you could say that about the majority of the starters at the club.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He's just not what the fans say he is and you could say that about the majority of the starters at the club.
The funny thing is that Arteta defo doesn’t rate a lot of these guys as highly as the fan base does.

He’s going to surprise more people this summer if he’s allowed to continue spending.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

The funny thing is that Arteta defo doesn’t rate a lot of these guys as highly as the fan base does.

He’s going to surprise more people this summer if he’s allowed to continue spending.

We saw the hint with Raphinha, many wondered where he would play :lol:

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

You only have to look at his style of play to see that it was always going to end up like this, whether you think he was overrated or not, he’s just not a possession style LB, even in a traditional LB role. The inverted LB role with its increased demands in possession just accelerated the beginning of the end for him.

Haven’t you noticed, I haven’t even said much about him since.

If I post what I really think then I might get banned.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member

Yup. He bigs all the players up but is also thinking of players to replace them with.

The only player left who you could say isn't Artetas save for Xhaka & Saliba is Martinelli.

The fact that it's well know we are after a winger tells you Martinelli is rated, but Arteta wants his own man.

Raphina & Neto would not be planned as subs.

MikeVinna

Established Member

No I’m just trying to say Zinchenko/Tierney is a decent set of left-backs but maybe it came off wrong.

Tierney is/was a fan darling but anyone could see he’s hardly a top class player. But he’s also not utter dogshite like some of you make him out to be. I’m just happy we have him with Zinchenko out constantly.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

No I’m just trying to say Zinchenko/Tierney is a decent set of left-backs but maybe it came off wrong.

Tierney is/was a fan darling but anyone could see he’s hardly a top class player. But he’s also not utter dogshite like some of you make him out to be. I’m just happy we have him with Zinchenko out constantly.

Season before for me, that cross spam was a disgrace and credit to him he's relaxed on that since. Last season I said nothing because it wasn't worth, plus many thought that I thought he was a bad player.

Like I said, I kept my words about Tierney last season to a minimum because he's one of those guys in the team you can't really say anything about.

I've said many times he's good anyways, it's not his fault Arteta wants midfielders in fullback positions that is no slight on him.

Top Bottom