• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: Top Tier

LittleMo

Don't see why we would entertain selling Tierney. We finally have excellent competition in the left back position. You want that. Up to the players to put themselves into contention to start.
I can see him pushing for a move if things stay the same way tbh.

It’s all very well to talk about putting himself into contention and working hard but he has been playing well, was man of the match against Zurich, scored a goal yet still doesn’t keep the place.

If Mikel drops him due to tactics then he can put in all the good performances he wants, work as hard as he can but there’s still no route to the first team. This is when I’d see him going, if you aren’t in a position to earn your place, you have to look elsewhere.

Jabintendo

Don't see why we would entertain selling Tierney. We finally have excellent competition in the left back position. You want that. Up to the players to put themselves into contention to start.
He is much more of an orthodox left back. With tomiyasu and zinchenko starting ahead of him, Arteta might just want the different profile so wouldn't be surprised if we all him to buy some one is better at playing the inverted full back role and sell him.
But we should only sell if we find a good replacement as zinchenko is injured a lot.

Tell.

This! He doesn’t come across like the kind of guy that’ll sit on the bench pouting either… he’ll work harder to try and claim his place back and thus push Zinchenko. We would be stupid to sell him unless he really wanted to leave… which I’m doubtful he does.
If he really does have that mentality then surely he'll push to leave? What top player, chooses to waste their prime years on the bench?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He is much more of an orthodox left back. With tomiyasu and zinchenko starting ahead of him, Arteta might just want the different profile so wouldn't be surprised if we all him to buy some one is better at playing the inverted full back role and sell him.
But we should only sell if we find a good replacement as zinchenko is injured a lot.
Our left back is weakness. Zinchenko can’t defend and Tierney is not good on the ball. I’m not buying this inverted nonsense as Zinchenko like city will cost us and is our biggest weakness right now. His performance was worrying yesterday as we essentially don’t have a left back. The commentator yesterday couldn’t understand why wolves was not putting Traore on the left as there was massive space there

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

It’s more of Tierney wanting to leave because Arteta doesn’t rotate enough. When was the last time Tierney started in the league? He’s quality and can start for everyone in the league but City and Liverpool.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Should start for us. So much better physically and defensively than Zinchenko while not being much worse on the ball. And playing Tomiyasu LB consistently is just stupid.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He’s a very good player. The fact it’s basically a squad player now shows how much better the squad is getting. KT and Zinchenko at LB is ridiculous depth, both in terms of quality and profile of player.

bergholt

I know it's pre-season but.. if someone told you this was Zinny you'd probably believe them, he still looks a bit awkward but some seriously good stuff in here.

Nah disagree, almost all the passes are sideways or backwards and those where he attempts to be progressive are largely misplaced or otherwise useless. And he shows no sign of press resistance which is one of Zinny's best qualities, he dumps the ball off as soon as he's challenged.

At least he's trying to play the ball rather than just the one-track-mind overlap runs we've seen from him previously but I'm not convinced he's anywhere near where he needs to be yet.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
How is he still being compared to Zinchenko? beats him even when it comes to simply staying fit

At this point Zinchenko is just another Cedric, good technique but massive downgrade otherwise

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Anayways,

Cole >>>>>> Nacho >>>>> Tierney/Zinchenko still to play for.

Not sure where Giovanni fits in he was another injury prone one.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Where you putting Clichy?

That's a good question. I'd take Nacho any day personally, but he's done more than Tierney by default in appearances and league finishes at the club. Updated:

Cole >>>>>> Nacho >>>>> Clichy>>>>>>> Tierney/Zinchenko (still to play for with these two).

Top Bottom