• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: Top Tier

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Yeah obviously didn't leave Scotland to sit on the bench. Can see him getting back to Celtic because he's homesick

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He's too good to be a back up, so it's not surprising...not the type to be happy on the bench at a top Prem club for the money either.

Should go with the club's (and fans) blessing, even if he goes to an English club...we have just moved on from what he is best at as our left back, still a top player though.

Will wish him well if he leaves, will remember his performances in our 2020 cup win and hopefully he leaves as a Prem winner too!

Uncle Good-Advice

Can't say I'm surprised. There's a reason why Arteta is pushing for as versatile players as possible. Despite his obvious qualities Tierney is an odd man out as he's quite one-dimensional and LB is his only position. Regardless of it we should ask for a big fee, great personality, home-grown and still young. 40M minimum.

@Mrs Bergkamp beat me to it :)

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Yeah obviously didn't leave Scotland to sit on the bench. Can see him getting back to Celtic because he's homesick
This isn't a charity and he is not some legends we'd be willing to do a favour for. He should not be leaving for any less than 30mil and doubt there is any chance Celtic will pay that, he'll have to find somewhere else.

Tom Mix

If we want to get top dollar for him we'd better start showcasing him a bit more. We are unlikely to get £40 million for a player who is seen as surplus to requirements, who wants to leave and who isn't getting any kind of form because he's not played enough. We'll be beaten down because, as usual when selling players, we've shown our hand too soon. Hopefully we won't pay him several million quid to go as we did with Aubameyang and Özil.

And of course unless there's some promising kid about to break from the academy the bulk of that money will have to be spent on a replacement - preferably before the start of the season.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Feel sad for him. He was one of our better, if not best, players during our dark periods of Emery ball and initial Arteta tenure. Now we have gone beyond his level. I don't mind keeping him as back up if he's fine with it. Zinchenko is not always fit and with cl and other cups Tierney still will get to play lots of games

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Feel sad for him. He was one of our better, if not best, players during our dark periods of Emery ball and initial Arteta tenure. Now we have gone beyond his level. I don't mind keeping him as back up if he's fine with it. Zinchenko is not always fit and with cl and other cups Tierney still will get to play lots of games
But look how little he’s played so far? Especially now that we have another CB it’s only going to get worse. Also Tomi and even Xhaka are better backups for KT in Mikel’s system.

KT is too valuable and on too high wages to be getting the ‘academy graduate’ minutes he’ll end up getting.

I think that’s what will see him leave.

balthazar

Hope he'll stay. Can't do what Zinchenko does, but offers something different. Should get more minutes as the games start to pile up. Also Zinchenko may get injured, or many need to play in midfield.

LittleMo

I don’t see him going back to Celtic yet, he’s still able to play at a higher level than them. He’s probably one who’d go back at the end of his career.

LittleMo

I understand why Zinchenko plays but I can't say that I understand Tomiyasu playing ahead of Tierney at left back. Very good player that he is, that is not Tomi's position.
Yeah I have to say I don’t think putting Tomi there really worked, we looked a bit worse for it tbh. The exception was the Liverpool game but even then, Liverpool have shown they aren’t up to that much this season so I am not sure how big a deal even that was in the end.

I think when the manager starts putting players out of position in ahead of you, it’s a pretty clear message that it’s time to go.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I wouldn't begrudge him leaving. Circumstances along with injuries have kind of worked against him.

We're not a charity case though, plenty of top half PL sides will be interested in him. He's one of the better conventional LB's in the league and still fairly young.

We shouldn't be letting him go for a penny under £40m. He's a valuable asset.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Hope he'll stay. Can't do what Zinchenko does, but offers something different. Should get more minutes as the games start to pile up. Also Zinchenko may get injured, or many need to play in midfield.
He offers something different (whatever that is) that we absolutely don't need. Happy to get rid asap, not the worst player but he doesn't fit here at all

UkrArsenal

Tierney is a good player, I hope he will stay with us for the next season as well. If not, in any case, good luck to him.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I don't think he gets on for Celtic as they also play with inverted left backs and the guy there is one of the stand out players atm.

Him and Trippier would be replicating the system Liverpool used so effectively. Id be very cautious that we'd be handing Newcastle a huge leg up just as Man City done with us re Zinchenko.

Re versatility he has played left back, left wing back, left centre back in a 3 and a 2 as well as right back. Harsh to say he isn't versatile when he played so effectively in a back 3 for us.

It'll be interesting if he starts tonight.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I don't understand the obsession with offloading one of our quality players when other aspiring clubs have benches saturated with expensively curated choices. Really hope he stays. The guy was single handledly fighting the sp*rs squad at the end of the game a few days ago FFS

Spoiler: If you replace him with someone of equal or better quality the new player will also be champing at the bit to start games. Guarantee the same day he goes Zinny and Tomi tackle each other in training and are ruled out for the season :lol:

Of course, if he is determined to leave or Tets has him 'marked for death' then there's nothing to be done.

Tom349

I don't understand the obsession with offloading one of our quality players when other aspiring clubs have benches saturated with expensively curated choices. Really hope he stays. The guy was single handledly fighting the sp*rs squad at the end of the game a few days ago FFS

Spoiler: If you replace him with someone of equal or better quality the new player will also be champing at the bit to start games. Guarantee the same day he goes Zinny and Tomi tackle each other in training and are ruled out for the season :lol:

Of course, if he is determined to leave or Tets has him 'marked for death' then there's nothing to be done.

Understand where you're coming from as Arsenal fans seem to be scared that we can have more than 11 good players in our squad at the one time. However we also need to be rotating the squad year on year. If the right offer comes in then at the very least it needs to be considered. He isn't untouchable and he arguably plays the easiest position to find a replacement at a fraction of the cost.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I don't think we should actively be looking to sell KT in the summer.

To some degree though you have to factor in the players wishes, he doesn't come across as the type of guy who is happy to sit on the bench most of the season, so he either needs to adapt better to the inverted LB role, which will be hard as it's not a natural role for him or move on.

He's one of my favourites but you can't be too emotional in these situations. What's better a square peg in a round hole KT as back up next season or £40m to invest in a player a bit more suitable to the way Arteta wants us set up?

Latest posts

Top Bottom