• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: Top Tier

MikeVinna

Established Member
So true 🤣 it’s strange how all these players we had last season are cooking in the league. Lacazette has 23 G/A in 26 games thus far in all comps.

Arsenal retirement league. Alexis still going strong too.

Tierney was one of my favorite players in the squad when he came to Arsenal. And if Arteta would switch the system up occasionally and let Kieran overlap we’d have a perfect player for that. But it’s just not happening, even in the matches where we struggle. It’s kinda sad because we were so reliant on KT for a while when we played everything through the left.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
KT is kind of in the Pepe sort of zone now I feel.

His style doesn't really suit the way Arteta wants to play so he's going to get limited minutes, barring injuries. Can't blame Arteta for it, can't blame KT. It's just one of those things.

Feel a bit for KT though. Everything I've seen or read about him shows him to be a guy for who football is his main priority, must be frustrating for him.

If a good offer came in for him in the summer I'd let him go, with a few caveats. He's one of the better conventional LB's in the PL so I'd not be overly keen on selling him to Newcastle. He'd improve them I think.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Too good to be a back up and is one of the top 3 LBs in the league. Alex Ferguson said he would take Tierney as starting LB ahead Robertson for Scotland.

We will probably sell him for half his value and something stupid cheap like 30m.

Last edited:

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Understandable if he is feeling down, is the type who wears his heart on his sleeve and certainly won't be happy riding the bench.

Do. Not. Sell. To. Newcastle. Under. Any. Circumstances!!!!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He will still have 3 years on his deal from the summer, only sell for big money and none of this "£30 million to Newcastle" bollocks I am seeing.

Keep him as a back up if that's all that's being offered.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
I love KT but let’s not forget he was crocked and unreliable, let us down last season and the season before during key moments due to his injuries. He’s paying the price.

Tnegs

Injuries aside I always rated him as one of our better players. Why is he now on the scrap heap? I think hes being underused in games where we need width and someone who will make runs in behind to create space for the other attackers in tight games.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
He's probably unlucky not to play more, but its exactly that, bad luck that our system is designed around something else. I think he and Trossard would make a very good left side. Inverting what Zinchenko and Martinellis roles do.

LittleMo

I love KT but let’s not forget he was crocked and unreliable, let us down last season and the season before during key moments due to his injuries. He’s paying the price.

It just seems really circular thinking though. We bought KT when he was injured and a a bit injury prone from Celtic, he recovered but then even Arteta admitted his injury last year was from playing him too much and rushing him back.

Zinchenko comes in, has been injured a bit of this season and was injury prone at Man City, now we play him every game and don’t rotate, so it’s not exactly hard to predict what might happen next. It’s like we don’t learn anything.

If you want a quality bench you need to rotate. No really good player is going to be happy as being Mr FA Cup and on the bench the rest of the time. They have ambition but it’s to actually be in the team tht wins stuff, not in the squad. Look at Man City, they’ll take off Grealish and put on Foden for a good half, or leave De Bruyne on the bench when he needs it. Arteta just seems to manage to alienate his players, it wouldn’t surprise me if Tomi goes too.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
It just seems really circular thinking though. We bought KT when he was injured and a a bit injury prone from Celtic, he recovered but then even Arteta admitted his injury last year was from playing him too much and rushing him back.

Zinchenko comes in, has been injured a bit of this season and was injury prone at Man City, now we play him every game and don’t rotate, so it’s not exactly hard to predict what might happen next. It’s like we don’t learn anything.

If you want a quality bench you need to rotate. No really good player is going to be happy as being Mr FA Cup and on the bench the rest of the time. They have ambition but it’s to actually be in the team tht wins stuff, not in the squad. Look at Man City, they’ll take off Grealish and put on Foden for a good half, or leave De Bruyne on the bench when he needs it. Arteta just seems to manage to alienate his players, it wouldn’t surprise me if Tomi goes too.

It's a good point about the lack of rotation, but Arteta has more than occasionally turned to Tomiyasu, and has even dropped White for Tomiyasu. We haven't seen Arteta try to accomodate Tierney whatsoever when Zinchenko is fit. Tierney is getting the Rob Holding treatment at the moment, only comes on in the last 5 minutes when we're winning.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
KTs Tesco Bag this Summer

floating american beauty GIF by Anthony S

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Gone in the summer. Doesn't fit this team anymore. Best of luck to him

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Understandable if he is feeling down, is the type who wears his heart on his sleeve and certainly won't be happy riding the bench.

Do. Not. Sell. To. Newcastle. Under. Any. Circumstances!!!!
Based on the fact he is so Scottish, probably wants to play in the PL unless someone big like Madrid come in. Newcastle is so much closer to Glasgow also

Latest posts

Top Bottom