• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: Top Tier

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

with Tierney leaving, he will probably get an opportunity next season, Unless he fell out of flavour with Mikel.

Agreed.

Saliba has proven that the perception of player/club relationships can be overblown. Atleast Tavares has put himself in a position where selling or keeping both look like decent options.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Agreed.

Saliba has proven that the perception of player/club relationships can be overblown. Atleast Tavares has put himself in a position where selling or keeping both look like decent options.
Don't forget this is a player Arteta took out of a game after 30 minutes, so there is probably more behind the scenes.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
mulan-disney.gif

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I thought Tierney looked really good today. He hasn't been getting much playing time this season, but I'm not sure if that means that he's leaving this summer.

My theory is that Tierney had to learn how to play as an inverted fullback, and that process takes time. Subbing in Tierney for Zinchenko should not require that we change tactics, so Tierney had to learn how to play as an inverted fullback.

Today, when he came on he inverted, but still was able to overlap and send in his crosses. He looked more assured technically and positionally, and this is a great sign for his development.

Next season when we're in the Champions League, we will need to rotate our squad a lot more often, so having both Tierney and Zinchenko as inverted fullback options will be great for us.

LittleMo

I think it’s more of a case of putting him in the shop window a bit tbh.

You don’t bench him for most of the season and play Tomi out of position ahead of him if you really want him to stay at the club and learn how to play as an inverted fb. If you were Tierney would you actually trust Arteta to play you even with a lot of games?

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Tierney deserves better fanbase then the inbreeding that come on here

I don’t think the majority have been harsh on Tierney. He’s a solid left back, he just doesn’t offer what Zinchenko does. Just about no left backs do. That’s not a knock on Tierney. But Zinchenko plays when fit, he’s a huge part of Arteta’s unconventional, but successful tactics.

Top Bottom