• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: Top Tier

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

This is competition, good players should thrive on that.

KT and Zinchenko have both played well when given the opportunity. Tomi ( who I don't think will be playing LB too frequently) had a great game.

Compete with each other and improve if you want the starting spot. Also all these guys are fairly injury prone. There's going to be game time there for all of them.

I think as Arsenal fans we've become so used to a lack of depth that we overly worry about stuff like game time for individuals when they have some competition.
Only thing I’ll say is that quality depth only really works when you’re winning stuff and paying well.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Only thing I’ll say is that quality depth only really works when you’re winning stuff and paying well.

This is true but I'm not sure this is conventional depth. It's more compensating for a couple of pretty injury prone players.

The way things are looking we'll be lucky to get a full 38 PL games out of KT and Zinchenko combined.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

This is true but I'm not sure this is conventional depth. It's more compensating for a couple of pretty injury prone players.

The way things are looking we'll be lucky to get a full 38 PL games out of KT and Zinchenko combined.
Yeah they’re both ridiculous. Need to start doing yoga or something. Tierney I knew but Zinny has been horrible.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Yeah they’re both ridiculous. Need to start doing yoga or something. Tierney I knew but Zinny has been horrible.

I asked a Citeh supporting mate if Zinny was injury prone there. He said bar a long term injury he was largely fit. There’s something about players joining us that makes them succumb to injuries. Proper annoying.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
He's frankly not an option in games like this against oppositions that press.

He's a bloody clearance merchant, Arteta needs to have a real strong talk with him and tell him he's not playing in Scotland FFS.

That moment just after he's come on, when the game has broke and we badly need a bit of composure and the substitute without the fatigue the rest of the players have really is best positioned to bring it, when the ball goes toward the corner and he has a million options to resolve the situation and little pressure, and he boots it up the pitch...wanted to kill him.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
I felt he should have started today but he was really bad as a sub though. Kept clearing back to the middle of the park. Was very frustrating.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I asked a Citeh supporting mate if Zinny was injury prone there. He said bar a long term injury he was largely fit. There’s something about players joining us that makes them succumb to injuries. Proper annoying.
Wasn't it suggested at some point that the pitches at Colney were to blame? Too hard surface or whatever it was?

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
He's very good, we can't forget that just cause we have a shiny new toy in Zinky Winky...having him and Olek in the squad gives us two different and starting quality left back options.

Both seem fairly injury prone too, so both will end up getting plenty of minutes!

Never seen injury proneness spun as a positive, but I'll overlook it for you Riou 😍

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I don't think Tomi's going to be a regular starter at LB tbh. I favour him more at RB or even CB with Gabriel looking a bit dodgy.

If it's mainly KT vs Zinchenko, I'm fine with that. KT's my favourite player after Saka but given his injury record I don't think you can have him as your number 1 starting LB with a lower level back up. It's too risky for me.

KT doesn't seem the sort of lad to shrink from a challenge and I can see him reclaiming the starters spot ahead of Zinchenko before the end of the season.

Didn't have you down as a left foot supremacist tbh.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Should leave if he keeps getting benched just to watch inferior alternatives on the pitch

Latest posts+

Top Bottom