• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...enal-preparing-10-7984474#oXuLL8DcIM604Bmk.97

ARSENAL are preparing to launch a staggering £10million move for Celtic ’s Kieran Tierney.

When someone posted the link to Tom Rogic I said no and suggested if anyone from Celtic interests us this will be the one. Broke into the Celtic team this season and has been outstanding domestically and in Europe. As an 18 year old left back, a position we are interested in, this is another viable target.

Prawn Sandwich

Andy Robertson was the young Scottish left back I thought we might one day go for. His rise was meteoric, more explosive than Tierney's.

Played in the 4th tier with Queens Park.

Moved to the 1st tier Dundee United and became an instant starter, played almost every game in a Top 6 side which made the Scottish Cup final and was capped against Poland.

Moved to Hull City in one of the biggest non-Old Firm transfers since the recession. All that in 12 months before summer 2014.

While Tierney has done good, and has potential to improve, I'm always sceptical of the next Old Firm hype job. The Glasgow media tend to sit **** in hand over their players.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He seems highly rated, still quite young too. I don't know, you never know how to judge players from the Scottish leagues.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Knowing what I know what's been more impressive than his performances has been his attitude. Key senior players at Celtic never got on with the manager and those players tried and failed to get Tierney into their clique. Tierney just knuckled down and got on with playing whereas other young players joined the senior players. For a long time Delias writing was on the wall but Tierney never went with the players and just stuck to himself and putting in the work.

That to me is more than impressive than performances especially when we've questions over attitude ourselves.

Knowing what I know what's been more impressive than his performances has been his attitude. Key senior players at Celtic never got on with the manager and those players tried and failed to get Tierney into their clique. Tierney just knuckled down and got on with playing whereas other young players joined the senior players. For a long time Delias writing was on the wall but Tierney never went with the players and just stuck to himself and putting in the work.

That to me is more than impressive than performances especially when we've questions over attitude ourselves.

Could see why Wenger likes him already! :rolleyes:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Would rather we bid for Marcelo if I'm completely honest.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Twitter saying a nine million pound cash bid has been submitted.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Could you see Gibbs doing this? I know it's a piss league but does Gibbs even have this in his skillset?:lol:

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
A young LB would be a good move, he looks promising. Pay this sort of price for a young LB and splash the big bucks on CF and winger, I would be very happy!

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I just worry with Wenger. Remember two summers ago he sorted out all the minor issues in the squad and neglected the big ones.

Gibbs is fine as a backup LB for now. We need a new CB before a new LB.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I'm dubious about this. When was the last World-class Scottish player? A long time ago.
I know nothing about this kid but never say never. Talent doesn't discriminate.

When was the last world-class Welsh player before Bale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom