• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I don't get though and never will, do you think it says something about the Scottish league that Celtic have won it 8 times in a row or what?

Like it's not even a challenge anymore, surely the players even realise that.

I'm not trying to be a **** but if I kept on winning a race over and over eventually I'd question whether I'm really quick or everyone else is just slow.
Mainly because Rangers had their financial demise and dropped down the leagues.
Rangers have only been back in the top league for two full seasons.
The main race now is for Celtic to win ten in a row and Rangers to stop them as it has never been done before. Rangers won 9 in a row, from late eighties to late nineties. I think Celtic may also have won 9 in a row before but oul Hoople can correct me if I'm wrong.

Hooplehead

One thing I don't get though and never will, do you think it says something about the Scottish league that Celtic have won it 8 times in a row or what?

Like it's not even a challenge anymore, surely the players even realise that.

I'm not trying to be a **** but if I kept on winning a race over and over eventually I'd question whether I'm really quick or everyone else is just slow.
It is what it is, we're as good as we can be in our environment, every year we try to improve, but our best players will always be looking to double or triple their wages at some stage so we have to rebuild more than most teams, and yeah I'd love it if the rest of the teams could improve, but Sky killed Scottish football by ploughing Scottish fans money into the EPL whereas the proportionate distribution would have led to a very good league, not at the level of the English league because of the massive gulf in population, but enough that our teams could invest and grow instead of scraping for survival.

Hooplehead

Mainly because Rangers had their financial demise and dropped down the leagues.
Rangers have only been back in the top league for two full seasons.
The main race now is for Celtic to win ten in a row and Rangers to stop them as it has never been done before. Rangers won 9 in a row, from late eighties to late nineties. I think Celtic may also have won 9 in a row before but oul Hoople can correct me if I'm wrong.
You are correct, Celtic won 9 in a row back in the 60's and 70's, Rangers won it in the 90's and now Celtic have the chance to get 10 over the next 2 years.

Hooplehead

How do they even have fans? Its so boring
Maybe you're a youngster who's only ever experienced 22 primadonna multimillionaires kicking a ball around, but the SPFL is far from boring, the quality may not be on the level of the EPL, but quality and entertainment aren't always the same thing, the SPFL is actually a pretty entertaining league, if a bit raw.

But let's be honest, your opinion is unlikely to have been influenced by actually watching games in the SPFL.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Maybe you're a youngster who's only ever experienced 22 primadonna multimillionaires kicking a ball around, but the SPFL is far from boring, the quality may not be on the level of the EPL, but quality and entertainment aren't always the same thing, the SPFL is actually a pretty entertaining league, if a bit raw.

But let's be honest, your opinion is unlikely to have been influenced by actually watching games in the SPFL.
Nope, the influx of Celtic fans on this forum because of a possible transfer of their leftback says a lot though.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Remember 15-20 years ago when there was an endless debate regarding Gers and Celtic joining the PL. They'd be immediate relegation candidates today!

razörist

Most of it is political, passed down within families. Indoctrination even. Cult like.
Lol, surely not. That would be almost as bad as something like religion playing a big part in if you support Celtic or Rangers.

razörist

That doesn't even make sense in relation to what we are talking about....?
It does, it’s a ****ing left back, only worse footballers in a team of 11 play at the right back position. How can you care so much that you’ll camp out in another club’s forum?! I don’t even want him anymore because he’s been exposed to so many delusional worshippers up north and that can’t have done any good.

Hooplehead

Remember 15-20 years ago when there was an endless debate regarding Gers and Celtic joining the PL. They'd be immediate relegation candidates today!
Well it's not like we'd just turn up prepared for the SPFL, I'd fancy Celtic's current squad to finish around 8-14 in the EPL, but my real point is that Celtic's 3 major shareholders are multi billionaires, we'd probably spunk £300-400m in the first transfer window to get a foothold in the division, we'd have sponsorships and kit deals rivaling the other big money teams in the EPL too, and then we'd have all those added casual fans that you guys have too.

We'd do a Man City+.

Now there's a lot of good teams who are also loaded in that senario so I'm not saying success would be overnight, but we'd be in the mix quite quickly.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
Well it's not like we'd just turn up prepared for the SPFL, I'd fancy Celtic's current squad to finish around 8-14 in the EPL, but my real point is that Celtic's 3 major shareholders are multi billionaires, we'd probably spunk £300-400m in the first transfer window to get a foothold in the division, we'd have sponsorships and kit deals rivaling the other big money teams in the EPL too, and then we'd have all those added casual fans that you guys have too.

We'd do a Man City+.

Now there's a lot of good teams who are also loaded in that senario so I'm not saying success would be overnight, but we'd be in the mix quite quickly.
It would take you donkey years for you to completely overhaul that squad, you wouldn’t be in the mix quickly. Don’t agree on that one. Plus moving to Scotland might not appeal to the top European players because of the weather. It’s freezing. Would be a shock to the system for them. You’re getting foreign players complaining about the weather in the premier league, that it’s making them unsettled etc.. so imagine what it would be like for them in Scotland? 10x more likely to be unsettled up in Scotland than down south.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom