• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hooplehead

It does, it’s a ****ing left back, only worse footballers in a team of 11 play at the right back position. How can you care so much that you’ll camp out in another club’s forum?! I don’t even want him anymore because he’s been exposed to so many delusional worshippers up north and that can’t have done any good.
Typical Arsenal mentality, should we buy that defensive midfielder to fix the leaks, nah let's sign another flair player to go with the other 10.

Just look at Liverpool, Robertson, VVD, and Arnold were just as important for them as Salah and Mane last year, cheaping out on the defense will catch up with you everytime.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Typical Arsenal mentality, should we buy that defensive midfielder to fix the leaks, nah let's sign another flair player to go with the other 10.

Just look at Liverpool, Robertson, VVD, and Arnold were just as important for them as Salah and Mane last year, cheaping out on the defense will catch up with you everytime.
We have a problem at centreback, centre midfield, attacking midfield and wingers, I could care less about some left back, if we could get one that works hard and stays in position for 5M I’d be much happier. The fact that we get you guys with him for free doesn’t sweeten the deal eather.

Hooplehead

It would take you donkey years for you to completely overhaul that squad, you wouldn’t be in the mix quickly. Don’t agree on that one. Plus moving to Scotland might not appeal to the top European players because of the weather. It’s freezing. Would be a shock to the system for them. You’re getting foreign players complaining about the weather in the premier league, that it’s making them unsettled etc.. so imagine what it would be like for them in Scotland? 10x more likely to be unsettled up in Scotland than down south.
It wouldn't take that much to give us a solid footing.

Tierney, Forrest, Ajer, McGregor, Rogic (when fit), Christie, Ntcham, Édouard and young Johnston(it's early but he looks superb) are all very capable of playing in the epl, there's a few very good young players coming through too and some others who while I don't think they'd have a future for long, they would get us settled in, obviously I agree it would take a few years of huge spending to challenge for the title, but it would be inevitable sooner or later.

I think we'd fill a 100k seat stadium week in week out playing in the epl

As for the weather, it's really not that cold, only averages 1.5° less than London, and to be honest, I think any team would be better off without a player that couldn't handle a bit if rain, it's not ****ing Siberia.

Glasgow may have a rough reputation, but it has all the overpriced shops and bars they get in London so plenty for rich footballer to do, it might not be on the scale of London, but if you stay central they wouldn't know the difference, plus our fans are a draw to an extent too.

Hooplehead

We have a problem at centreback, centre midfield, attacking midfield and wingers, I could care less about some left back, if we could get one that works hard and stays in position for 5M I’d be much happier. The fact that we get you guys with him for free doesn’t sweeten the deal eather.
You getting all rustled is kind of sweetening it for me....

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan

Tierney, Forrest, Ajer, McGregor, Rogic (when fit), Christie, Ntcham, Édouard and young Johnston(it's early but he looks superb) are all very capable of playing in the epl, there's a few very good young players coming through too and some others who while I don't think they'd have a future for long, they would get us settled in, obviously I agree it would take a few years of huge spending to challenge for the title, but it would be inevitable sooner or later.

As for the weather, it's really not that cold, only averages 1.5° less than London, and to be honest, I think any team would be better off without a player that couldn't handle a bit if rain, it's not ****ing Siberia.

Glasgow may have a rough reputation, but it has all the overpriced shops and bars they get in London so plenty for rich footballer to do, it might not be on the scale of London, but if you stay central they wouldn't know the difference, plus our fans are a draw to an extent too.

Who you getting as manager in this scenario of Celtic in the EPL?

There's plenty of teams with money in the PL who can't get anywhere near the top clubs, Everton being a good example of a team who's spent a lot over the past 3 seasons, and are still desperately trying to get into the Europa spots. West Ham another.

Having the money is only the start of it. Celtic may be a big club, and I actually think they are, but a big history and a big stadium is also not enough.

Halcyon Daze

Today you’ve now said you’re a bigger club than Liverpool, would fill 100k seats every week in the prem, you’ve never met an arsenal fan overseas and a player wouldn’t know the difference between central Glasgow and London.

Jesus f.cking Christ. This guy. You’ve had the nerve to come on this forum and call other people deluded

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
This is a pointless debate really, I have never said Celtic are a bigger club, by modern terms we are not, it depends how we quantify a big club, but what I would say is Arsenal's size is based on the league they play in and the wealth that goes with it, in those terms Man city are s bigger club than Arsenal and let's be honest most those worldwide fans aren't really fans, they don't have a real emotional attachment, most will have chose to call you their team based on liking your strip or liking one of your players, and many will chop and change.

I think Celtic have more fans in the old fashioned sense, in that they have an emotional attachment and a family history, I also think if we were invited to play in the EPL the only team who'd be bigger is Man Utd.

:rofl:

Arson Finger

This Glasgow Rangers fan is getting salty, so Tierney must be close to coming to Arsenal.
He's pretty good but overpriced and already injured, so he'll fit right in here.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
If i join Celtic's forum and act like a obnoxious and arrogant cvnt they will kick me out. Why is Hooplehead still here?H only contributes with rudeness and provocation.

Hooplehead

Who you getting as manager in this scenario of Celtic in the EPL?

There's plenty of teams with money in the PL who can't get anywhere near the top clubs, Everton being a good example of a team who's spent a lot over the past 3 seasons, and are still desperately trying to get into the Europa spots. West Ham another.

Having the money is only the start of it. Celtic may be a big club, and I actually think they are, but a big history and a big stadium is also not enough.
Money doesn't guarantee anything, it could of course take a lot longer than a few years, in fact that is more likely, but we would not be in the Everton & West ham bracket, we'd be in the Chelsea, Man City & Liverpool spending bracket and if you look at the history of the modern day EPL, the vast majority of the time the big spenders are the ones competing for the honours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom