• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hooplehead

He is one of the top LB talents in the world. 25 M is cheap in current market for those. We should have paid it long time go. Its worrying we can't even pay cheap prizes.
Someone else will pay our price eventually and Arsenal fans will be kicking themselve in a year or 2, we've all been there, then again we've all been on the other end of that when our clubs stumped up the cash and got a dud.

Iceman10

Established Member
Just so you know, Hooplehead, I have you on ignore now. You are just taking up page space with what amounts to trolling and spam. All you've done is make me consider Celtic to be a club full of delusional classless fans (Potemkin Village). The net impact of what you've done here is only a disservice to Celtic as a club.

What will make this worse for you is the player will join us anyway once we tinker with the structure of the offer and put in the third bid, i.e. you've only wasted your own time. Bye.

Someone else will pay our price eventually and Arsenal fans will be kicking themselve in a year or 2, we've all been there, then again we've all been on the other end of that when our clubs stumped up the cash and got a dud.
Have a bit of faith and dont panic the boy wants to come to arsenal... Something will either be sorted out or we move on..

Hooplehead

What's hard to get we, ve followed the lad for a long time and put faith in the fact he may be a talented player... And are offering a price the board and the manager thinks is fair its called negotiating.. Its part of the process... You know like you did with the turnbull deal sometimes the buying club get a say as well..
No they really don't, they can try but Celtic are the team who will decide if KT is allowed to go, if he even wants too.

Taarh

It's Arsenal that are being pricks, the selling team set the price, it's up to the team attempting to buy to either meet it or move on.

Really? Pricks for trying to get a good deal? Negotiating is part of any transfer, and usually the two teams will meet in the middle.

Deals rarely go for the asking price of the selling team.

Maybe you’re one of those people who buy cars at the shop window price too :lol:

ClubLevel

May as well buy him on deadline day to save paying his wages seeing that he is injured. If the rumoured 80k wages is to be believed then we will save about 500k in delaying this (taking into account the last couple weeks). Every penny counts.

pacstud

A possibility. Alternatively it could be a chance to explore for efficient options elsewhere. The opportunity costs are rising.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

It's obviously a fantastic deal if you support celtic which your profile image shows.... The guys had injury troubles the past 18 months... 18mil is a good offer if he was that good why are we the only team interested teams should be clambering over each other for him at his age and being so cheap.... The reason is 25mil sounds too steep so most clubs are looking for valve on guys that can play from the start of the season not have to nurse back to health... 18 sounds fair..
Ive a long track record of having a Celtic leaning on here. That is not clouding my judgement. This is a quality player that ticks so many boxes. I wouldnt care if he was coming from the moon given how much ive watched him and watched us i know itll be a perfect match.

Clearly our manager feels the same which is why he wants us to go back and make a further offer.

And fwiw the why doesnt anyone else want him argument doesnt wash. Aside from the fact most of the top English teams have a more than decent left back you could make that argument about a lot of players. Just because one team is interested doesnt mean others wouldnt be if situations differed.

Hooplehead

Really? Pricks for trying to get a good deal? Negotiating is part of any transfer, and usually the two teams will meet in the middle.

Deals rarely go for the asking price of the selling team.

Maybe you’re one of those people who buy cars at the shop window price too :lol:
No, maybe you should read the message I was responding to and it should make sense.

pacstud

One of the top club in Europe is after him. The market agrees.
AFC is not the market. AFC is a single buyer. I may be rusty on my Econ 101, but a single buyer is not the market. Well, unless there is a monopsony, but you already knew that, being a high ranking member of the AM intelligentsia. ;)

And “top club”? Oooh, that’s bait.

Hooplehead

May as well buy him on deadline day to save paying his wages seeing that he is injured. If the rumoured 80k wages is to be believed then we will save about 500k in delaying this (taking into account the last couple weeks). Every penny counts.
Pretty good point.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

The market disagrees. One would guess he’d be long gone were your post so manifestly true.
Tierney isnt taking a step down to sign for a West Ham or Southampton level club when he has the chance to achieve greatness at Celtic. Arsenal are a different proposition. A top club with top players.

Which other top teams have a pressing issue at left back? Man Utd was my goto but as others pointed out here Luke Shaw got United POTY. Sp**s maybe but they arent financially much better off than us and still have a young boy of their own and Danny Rose. Theyve more pressing issues. And lets not forget Napoli are interested but only if they sold their own left back which doesnt look like its happening.

Such bullshit reasoning. Every club has a different budget, different requirements, different moves that need to be made. We need a left back. Monreal is old and done and Kolasnic isnt good enough. Our defence leaked a ridiculous amount of goals last season and we rely heavily on full backs for attack. Weve a player who could do both. A player that will adopt to a high tempo physical league. And people want to pass that up? Board spend money! But not that money!. Logic fail.

AFC is not the market. AFC is a single buyer. I may be rusty on my Econ 101, but a single buyer is not the market. Well, unless there is a monopsony, but you already knew that, being a high ranking member of the AM intelligentsia. ;)

And “top club”? Oooh, that’s bait.

Ahh, so all clubs in the world need to be interested in him so we can say the market is interested in him! Noted!

Now go and buy house for me you piece of ****.

Ive a long track record of having a Celtic leaning on here. That is not clouding my judgement. This is a quality player that ticks so many boxes. I wouldnt care if he was coming from the moon given how much ive watched him and watched us i know itll be a perfect match.

Clearly our manager feels the same which is why he wants us to go back and make a further offer.

And fwiw the why doesnt anyone else want him argument doesnt wash. Aside from the fact most of the top English teams have a more than decent left back you could make that argument about a lot of players. Just because one team is interested doesnt mean others wouldnt be if situations differed.
Why so angry I've got faith in the manager as well I can assure you but you, re not going to influence me on his worth regardless what celtic want... If we want to negotiate the best deal for the club then that's the way forward.. Celtic are a selling club they do it every season.. As a safety net at not making the champions league... Demdele covered last years miss of the group stages..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom