• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I dont understand people that support more than one team.

I support a few teams and have done for many years.

Arsenal obviously
Wolves as that is where my family is from
Hereford my biggest 'local' club
Newtown in the League of Wales
Ross County for reasons that are too long to go into here

I just love football at all levels. Until recently there has never been a conflict of interests, Wolves mega rich owners may mean they could become a direct rival which could cause a problem for me going forward. I do root for Arsenal when they play each other though so it shouldn't be an issue!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Best day of the window so far?

Celtic manager basically talking in the way you do about a player who's leaving, loads of reports from the local media (always the best sources imo) in St Etienne and seems like Ceballos might be done in a few days too.

If a Zaha link pops up I'd squirt.

Gursha

Celtic manager basically talking in the way you do about a player who's leaving, loads of reports from the local media (always the best sources imo) in St Etienne and seems like Ceballos might be done in a few days too.

How on earth no fake ITK jumped on this ship after Unais press and Josh interview

"Be Excited"
"Big players, expensive players"

.... pfff bunch of amateurs... the amount of clicks it wouldve gotten...
With our fan base even an mbappe or Messi links wouldve been viable to some fans...

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

How on earth no fake ITK jumped on this ship after Unais press and Josh interview

"Be Excited"
"Big players, expensive players"

.... pfff bunch of amateurs... the amount of clicks it wouldve gotten...
With our fan base even an mbappe or Messi links wouldve been viable to some fans...
So what you’re saying is we’re in with a chance of signing Messi? Let’s get the thread open then!

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

giphy.gif

Arson Finger

One reason I'm not thrilled with bringing in Tierney-- he's a good player but he is injured, and that injury could last a while.

It'd be nice to have a back 4 of Bellerin, Sokratis, Holding, and Tierney, but it looks like the best 3 of those 4 are all going to be out at the start of the season, and will all be trying to come back from serious injuries at the same time.

That would be a real problem for the start of our season. If we bring in Tierney, we will have to bite the bullet for the first few months, as our defense could still be very shambolic.

I'm from Scotland and support Arsenal, been lurking on this forum for years without ever signing up. My Scottish team is Rangers however, so thought I'd bring a bit balance to what's being said.

Tierney is indeed a very decent prospect, and I am content that we are going for him as I think he's about as good as we can get given our current state. However, his ongoing injury is a major concern, and seem to be getting downplayed by the Celtic fans.

Celtic / and or Tierney himself have been mistreating the injury it seems. Reading into it, it seems like it needs complete rest for an undefinable period, until the pain goes away, then it seems that a period of rehab should happen that builds up the muscles round the problem area before undertaking in running etc.

There's no guarantee as well that this won't be an ongoing issue with the lad. That's my major concern with this potential signing, not so much his ability.

As for Celtic themselves, they can currently hold out for their asking price, that's true, but like we've seen with Arsenal's finances it wouldn't take much for things to swing round.

Their '£37M in the bank', (that I think us actually closer to £25M by the time what they owe out is taken off), was from a financial period in which they qualified for the Champions League. Their revenue was just over £100M, but their expenses rose to £87M. Take £20M Champions league revenue out that, and they are running at a loss before player trading. If like us they miss out for a couple of years in a row, then you see the problem, and the need to sell players becomes more apparent.

Im biased obviously, but I think Rangers can run them real close this year, for a few reasons.

1. Lennon is a downgrade on Rodgers. You can't sugar coat that.

2. All doesn't seem right in their camp. You would think after a treble treble and 8 in a row they would be flying, but Rodgers couldn't get away quick enough, N'tcham wants out, Tierney looks like he'll leave, question marks over Mcgregor still.

3. Gerrard is into his 2nd season now, the squad is a lot more settled and more depth has been added in the summer. They've shown now in 1 off games they can beat Celtic, now they need to show consistency against the rest.

The Scottish league might be worth watching this year, I've a feeling it won't be the same procession as we've see in recent years.
I'm in complete agreement about the teirney injury he,s missed over 150 training days in the last 2-3 seasons and broken down 3 times last season.. He is a good steady player and it could well be that his problem has been misdiagnosed but my problem with that, is that he was playing through the pain barrier because of his affection for the club and probably should have taken more time out... This could be an issue the damage may already be done... He,s not quite at Andy Robertsons level all the same and probably his international career with suffer due to him being in direct competition for places with Andy Rodertson unless Steve Clarke can fit him in somehow...

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The Scottish media said we are going to make 3rd bid and get this one done this week I think we'll make the 3rd bid in Friday.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Surely his medical will show us if there is an injury problem/risk

Medical can only show an underlying problem. It can't show if your body will break down without an underlying problem. That's why players like Wilshere can pass medicals all the time. He is fit and healthy, it's just that his body breaks down by the slightest impact.

In short medicals can't protect you from signing injury prone players.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
Well unless you pay what we say you won't be getting him, so he's worth what we say.
FFS first they came to tell us he’s the best LB in the world, if not the multiverse.

Then he’s their mate and they just partied with him and he’s going nowhere til they’ve won 20 in a row.

Then they’re all ITK about his valuation.
Now they set the price. Period.

Next that price will exceed £50M because, as his best mates, these guys have convinced him Arsenal supporters (all of whom they now know personally) are all cvnts and would never love him the way Celtic guys can.

He’s told the club he won’t go to Arsenal unless it makes his real club a **** ton of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom