• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

So ive had a chat with people id consider loosely ITK at Celtic. Theyve said its the structure of the deal basically the non guaranteed amount is the equivalent of Celtics record signing, so its a significant chunk of money to Celtic.

They also see City and Liverpool remaining dominant, expect United to spend and return to the top and having seen Sp**s progress think its likely to be the case for them. Chelsea they are unsure of but expect massive movement next summer due to limited outlay this summer and in January.

While they expect Arsenal to reach some of their add ons they are also concerned that if they dont theyll have to sell with Tierney likely to be one that is sold due to the high hopes Celtic have for him. This denies Celtic the opportunity to get their add ons. No sell on clause has been inserted, yet. They said Celtic want a guaranteed figure in excess of the fee received for Dembele, smaller adds ons and a sell on clause for any profit (and also any add ons fully paid as opposed to a percentage of said add ons). So if he is sold in the future for 50m Celtic receive 10% on 25m plus say 2m in whatever add ons are left.

Celtic pretty much covering all bases.

Nom de Plume

So ive had a chat with people id consider loosely ITK at Celtic. Theyve said its the structure of the deal basically the non guaranteed amount is the equivalent of Celtics record signing, so its a significant chunk of money to Celtic.

They also see City and Liverpool remaining dominant, expect United to spend and return to the top and having seen Sp**s progress think its likely to be the case for them. Chelsea they are unsure of but expect massive movement next summer due to limited outlay this summer and in January.

While they expect Arsenal to reach some of their add ons they are also concerned that if they dont theyll have to sell with Tierney likely to be one that is sold due to the high hopes Celtic have for him. This denies Celtic the opportunity to get their add ons. No sell on clause has been inserted, yet. They said Celtic want a guaranteed figure in excess of the fee received for Dembele, smaller adds ons and a sell on clause for any profit (and also any add ons fully paid as opposed to a percentage of said add ons). So if he is sold in the future for 50m Celtic receive 10% on 25m plus say 2m in whatever add ons are left.

Celtic pretty much covering all bases.

Sorry. But what ??
Have you been drinking? None of what you have written makes any sense to me, and English is my first language.
:lol:

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Sorry. But what ??
Have you been drinking? None of what you have written makes any sense to me, and English is my first language.
:lol:

Lol I think what he's saying is that the fee is fine but the non-guaranteed amount is a significant proportion of the fee.

Celtic are not confident we can perform well enough to fulfil the non-guarenteed amount of the deal which is probably something like CL qualification for a few years or something like that.

If we don't do well we'd have to sell Tierney which would then deny Celtic the add on fees (I wonder if deals work like that though, surely we'd have to pay off something to Celtic?) and there's no sell on clause at the moment.

So TL:dR They want the guaranteed part of the deal to be more money and we're being dipsh*t cheapskates

Iceman10

Established Member
If we don't qualify for the CL for 2020/21 we will somehow be in such a dire financial situation we will be forced into thinking about dumping Tierney after one season?

Nah, we don't need a sell-on clause. We only need to meet half-way with the upfront / add-ons mix. With something like a 21m + 4m structure we wouldn't be skin-flints down the line to shaft Celtic out of 4m if it came to it. Obviously Celtic fans are in a different world from Arsenal, with poverty thinking, i.e. Arsenal still has considerable solid revenue streams not CL related. Nice try with the sell-on clause though.

Nom de Plume

Lol I think what he's saying is that the fee is fine but the non-guaranteed amount is a significant proportion of the fee.

Celtic are not confident we can perform well enough to fulfil the non-guarenteed amount of the deal which is probably something like CL qualification for a few years or something like that.

If we don't do well we'd have to sell Tierney which would then deny Celtic the add on fees (I wonder if deals work like that though, surely we'd have to pay off something to Celtic?) and there's no sell on clause at the moment.

So TL:dR They want the guaranteed part of the deal to be more money and we're being dipsh*t cheapskates

Cheers.
Thanks for clearing that up. I was just going to neck a few tequila's and then try reading it over again.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

If we don't qualify for the CL for 2020/21 we will somehow be in such a dire financial situation we will be forced into thinking about dumping Tierney after one season?

Nah, we don't need a sell-on clause. We only need to meet half-way with the upfront / add-ons mix. With something like a 21m + 4m structure we wouldn't be skin-flints down the line to shaft Celtic out of 4m if it came to it. Obviously Celtic fans are in a different world from Arsenal, with poverty thinking, i.e. Arsenal still has considerable solid revenue streams not CL related. Nice try with the sell-on clause though.
This is just info that i was told with the understanding than i am an Arsenal fan.

If he stays at Arsenal for the next 10 years then the add ons are more likely to be met but like this summer they fear if we dont soon qualify for the CL we will need to sell an asset to allow us to spend. See the Aubameyang, Lacazette and Torreira rumours this summer.

Minimum guaranteed needs to be above Dembele money, so greater than 20m, plus the add ons guaranteed in the event of a sale plus a sell on clause.

To my knowledge add ons are not guaranteed if a player is sold. So if an add on is 100 appearances but that player is sold after 80 no money will be paid.

Iceman10

Established Member
This is just info that i was told with the understanding than i am an Arsenal fan.

If he stays at Arsenal for the next 10 years then the add ons are more likely to be met but like this summer they fear if we dont soon qualify for the CL we will need to sell an asset to allow us to spend. See the Aubameyang, Lacazette and Torreira rumours this summer.

Minimum guaranteed needs to be above Dembele money, so greater than 20m, plus the add ons guaranteed in the event of a sale plus a sell on clause.

To my knowledge add ons are not guaranteed if a player is sold. So if an add on is 100 appearances but that player is sold after 80 no money will be paid.

The insight of what Celtic fans told you is fine. I can see why they would want a sell-on clause. The explanation for why they would want one is BS though. Our executives will thrash it out with Celtic's executives, i.e. not Celtic's fans, and of course our executives won't cede a sell-on clause to Celtic over simply reducing the add-ons in the mix for the 25m total.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

The insight of what Celtic fans told you is fine. I can see why they would want a sell-on clause. The explanation for why they would want one is BS though. Our executives will thrash it out with Celtic's executives, i.e. not Celtic's fans, and of course our executives won't cede a sell-on clause to Celtic over simply reducing the add-ons in the mix for the 25m total.
This is what they are telling me is the sticking point. These guys are fairly high up in the Irish Association of Celtic Supporter clubs and regularly in contact with the club from the top to the bottom to ex and current players.

Every major newspaper is reporting the structure of the deal is what is causing issues. From what theyve told me these are the issues. Hopefully the execs are thrashing it out. From the Celtic side allegedly this is what they are wanting.

Money guaranteed above Dembele, add on's guaranteed in the event of a sale plus a sell on clause. Anyway im on my jolly holidays and off to enjoy the sun again :)

WizardOfAus

Been lurking throughout the transfer period... **** me dead and call me Kieren.. the state of this club..

That’s all I have to say for now

goldengod

I mean if the rumours are true and Celtic don't think the bonuses are realistic then they are probably mostly CL-based bonuses and my guess is probably something like:

£15m + £2m per CL qualification (for next four years) + £2m (100 appearances)

Change that to £17m + £1m per CL qualification (for next four years) + £4m appearance based (£2m after 50, another £2m after 100) should be enough to get it done imo.

There's also little risk to us to give them more appearance based bonuses (over CL qualification) as if he plays 100 games for us then he's probably been worth the investment...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom