• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Look at the positives people. I'm actually quite enjoying the prolonged and still surprised expressions of the Celtic fans. (Sorry @bingobob)

I went over to one of their forums earlier. A few of them couldn't even comprehend why Tierney would move to us when he is close to 10iar. 'Throw away the chance to become a legend just to move to Arsenal?"

They really think we are a nothing club.

10 in a row is sounds impressive but when you actually think about it its quite pathetic, it just shows you have zero competition. Its not like they have a great Celtic side who are going deep in Europe.. their squad is ****e and the 10 is due to it being a one horse race, even Rangers the only real competition are ****e and had to hit reset but have still come back and better than the rest of the ****e in that league.

They should be going unbeaten domestically each year for an achievement to count up there.

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

Would be interesting to see Celtic in the Chanpionship. I guess they’d be a proper mid-table side there.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
10 in a row is sounds impressive but when you actually think about it its quite pathetic, it just shows you have zero competition. Its not like they have a great Celtic side who are going deep in Europe.. their squad is ****e and the 10 is due to it being a one horse race, even Rangers the only real competition are ****e and had to hit reset but have still come back and better than the rest of the ****e in that league.

They should be going unbeaten domestically each year for an achievement to count up there.

I know. That's why it surprised me that they couldn't comprehend why Tierney wouldn't stay to get 10iar. They genuinely think it is a massive achievement that it is hard to walk away from.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity

They're a poor man's Olympiacos. They wouldn't say we're smaller then Olympiacos yet struggle to put their own size into perspective. That's the problem with fans, can't keep a sense of reality. It's why i'm so blunt. I have too much perspective.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I know Celtic fans who would rather do poorly in Europe for the next couple of season if it meant doing 10 in a row, despite there being basically no competition. Rangers are a mess and have been throughout the last 8 years. For 4 of those season they weren't even in the same division and when they got promoted they were miles off.

How can they seriously think it's some major achievement? It just baffles belief. If anything they should be annoyed that it's so easy for them, it's no wonder they lose to the likes of Malmo and AEK Athens because with the lack of competition domestically it'll only harm them long term.

Under Rodgers they won every domestic trophy for 3 straight season yet when it came to Europe they were getting absolutely battered by Barca, PSG and the likes. Celtic used to be a side which even European giants feared because of their ability to raise their game and make Celtic Park a fortress, now most celebrate when they're drawn against them and even lesser European sides fancy their chances.

Even with all this some Celtic fans convince themselves that Tierney would want to stay, in reality he knows even being a Celtic fan that he'll have to further his career. I mean Van Dijk and Wanyama mid-table Southampton as a massive step up, this is Arsenal we're talking about of course Tierney is desperate for the move to happen.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I know Celtic fans who would rather do poorly in Europe for the next couple of season if it meant doing 10 in a row, despite there being basically no competition. Rangers are a mess and have been throughout the last 8 years. For 4 of those season they weren't even in the same division and when they got promoted they were miles off.

How can they seriously think it's some major achievement? It just baffles belief. If anything they should be annoyed that it's so easy for them, it's no wonder they lose to the likes of Malmo and AEK Athens because with the lack of competition domestically it'll only harm them long term.

Under Rodgers they won every domestic trophy for 3 straight season yet when it came to Europe they were getting absolutely battered by Barca, PSG and the likes. Celtic used to be a side which even European giants feared because of their ability to raise their game and make Celtic Park a fortress, now most celebrate when they're drawn against them and even lesser European sides fancy their chances.

Even with all this some Celtic fans convince themselves that Tierney would want to stay, in reality he knows even being a Celtic fan that he'll have to further his career. I mean Van Dijk and Wanyama mid-table Southampton as a massive step up, this is Arsenal we're talking about of course Tierney is desperate for the move to happen.
You have to be a proper ***** to support Celtic, where you have a bad decade if you didn’t win the title 8 times at least.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Henrik Larsson, Chris Sutton, Petrov, the names they used to have, now their best player after a LB is who.. Scott Sinclair? Tom Rogic..?

Also your LB should never be your best player, especially if you are a title winning side, all respect to Tierney and the LB's of the world but it just shouldnt happen, it just shows how incapable you are of attracting better players.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
I guess it hurts seeing some of your better talents being poached by not only mid table and bottom of the PL teams but even Championship teams can tempt their players.

shoom

I know. That's why it surprised me that they couldn't comprehend why Tierney wouldn't stay to get 10iar. They genuinely think it is a massive achievement that it is hard to walk away from.

Never even realised 10iar was a thing until this thread. No interest in watching a load of misshapen gingers stumble around in a field. Rather watch netball.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wow. Looking at page 1 of this thread, we should’ve been looking at Andy Robertson seriously, and we were looking at Tierney for 10 mill, to replace Kieran Gibbs. Sometimes fun to look back at history. Let’s hope this Kieran is the real deal. Worried about his injury record though.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Wow. Looking at page 1 of this thread, we should’ve been looking at Andy Robertson seriously, and we were looking at Tierney for 10 mill, to replace Kieran Gibbs. Sometimes fun to look back at history. Let’s hope this Kieran is the real deal. Worried about his injury record though.

Had a look at page 1. @Prawn Sandwich had it spot on in regards to Robertson. On the other side of the coin Some people were hoping we go for Rico Henry. A quick google search shows he hasn't really kicked on much. Currently playing for Brentford. Though seems to have had loads of injuries which probably stopped his progress.

neimad

Would be weird if we didn't get this one done. You'd think we would have walked by now if it wasn't doable. I'm expecting this to be tied up early next week. Then we can concentrate on some outgoings and hopefully a few more incomings.

Underhill

The money really is negligible for the (supposed) player we get in a position we are weak. But... In Raul i trust.

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
Live footage of Arsenal getting closer to KT's valuation

tumblr_p2daghgu611txeruoo1_r1_500.gif

Zazu

Can't stand Celtic and their self entitled fans, but some of the chat in the last page or so is well off.

Bring up the psg hammerings but fail to mention the two draws home and away to city in that same group, during a season where city comfortably beat us home and away.

As for them in the championship, the current Celtic side would easily get automatic promotion at least IMO. They've not got that many 6"4 athletic thugs, which tends to be how you do well in that league, but they play much better football compared to the kick and run dross you usually see.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Would be interesting to see Celtic in the Chanpionship. I guess they’d be a proper mid-table side there.
The irony of people slagging Celtic fans who think Arsenal are a small club and then staggeringly people come out with comments like this.

Best stick to what you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom