Kieran Tierney

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by bingobob, May 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L3T5 PL4Y

L3T5 PL4Y Flair Accuser

Their desperation for selling makes me suspicious. What if that injury ****ed him up?

Tbh, we may need a RB more urgently as the season progresses.

Ricardinho and Garrincha like this.
  2. 6gunner

6gunner Active Member

Unfortunately, this is starting to seem like at either/or with he and Pepe as opposed to both. Or perhaps we now think CB is more important. I hope not as I think a LB is key to us playing more 4 at the back formations.

3. Steve Morrow

Steve Morrow Member

Made me laugh out loud mate. He's rotten to the core.
    I remember the night back in the early 2000s were there was a concerted campaign to boo him during a Northern Ireland match because he was so vehemently Republican. Think it was one of the first matches I didn't boo him as i didn't want to be secterian.
    I used to boo him cos he gave minimum effort playing for Northern Ireland. He just used to stand in the centre circle and do f all! Then u would watch him playing for Leicester the next week and he was flying about like a dynamo.

thierrytheking14 and dashsnow17 like this.
  4. Trilly

Trilly The John Cross of Ilford

Less desperate, more resigned I think.

5. L3T5 PL4Y

L3T5 PL4Y Flair Accuser

No, Lennon seems as if he is inviting a bid or pleading us to hurry up every time he says something about it.

This is pretty cheap for a brit young player and there is nobody even attempting to hijack and the way we seem to be taking our time as if there's no urgency or possible doubts over getting it over the line.

What was the injury though?

But honestly think we could get by at LB during the season but at RB we may get into serious trouble.

6. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Who's going to hijack it though? United, City and Liverpool are set at LB, Chelsea are banned from registering new players and Sp**s are signing Sessegnon. If anything the lack of competition makes this deal more likely.

Artisan likes this.
  7. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Yes nobody want LB he not interested to go in spain italy etc.. and we not been linked with other LB Lennon seem resigned that they losing him after we make 3rd bid.

8. L3T5 PL4Y

L3T5 PL4Y Flair Accuser

Don't City need a LB? And Spuds could do better with him than Sessegnon who seems to be unsettled in terms of his position on the pitch.

Anyway, I'm just worried about this injury of his and our situation at RB.

9. Leo_ense_

Leo_ense_ Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

L3T5 PL4Y, Ricardinho and THunter like this.
  10. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

City signed a LB in Angelino, gave Zinchenko a new contract and still have Mendy. Poch seems dead set on signing Sessegnon and by all accounts he's viewed as a LB for the future.

I think LB is a bigger problem area than RB. Bellerin will be back with a couple of months, but Monreal is finished and Kolasinac can only play as a wing-back which really limits Emery's options.

Artisan likes this.
  11. L3T5 PL4Y

L3T5 PL4Y Flair Accuser

Oh but we have no other option than Bellerin at RB and he isn't even that great anyway. Not to mention his injury.

12. L3T5 PL4Y

L3T5 PL4Y Flair Accuser

Speaking of toothless Scots, Sralex Ferguson was famed for getting into player's heads but I can't understand how players understood what he said.

13. Tierney is the same case as Zaha. We want to have him on the team. But I think that in the end we will buy another person for LB.

14. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Prefers To Be Called Dennis

Please please please sign this guy.

bingobob likes this.
  15. Wiltord's left boot

Wiltord's left boot Well-Known Member

Who though...? There's 6 days left and I'm not seeing any links to any other left backs.

Zaha was a priority but it was clear we had looked at Pepe for months (as we have with Tierney) and put Everton on a backburner.

16. hydrofluoric acid

I consider sacking Raul and Emery if they don't pull this through.

17. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

people forget that we were in for Pepe since 14 of July or even before that and french press reliable once report it.

We not linked with other LB and we'll buy Tierney.

18. rich 1990

rich 1990 Loves the A-M Mods

You would have sacked Emery before we hired him.

19. hydrofluoric acid

True. He should count him self lucky that I don't have time machine.

20. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

If you read the whole transcript and any transcript he is asked about Tierney time and time again and his answers never change. Not sure how else he could handle it.

@Steve Morrow Lennon is an Irish nationalist and he was boo'ed and received death threats for playing for Northern Ireland. He even took up the armband. For an Irish nationalist that is massive. If anyone is rotten to the core tis the so called support that cannot accept nationalists and sends death threats to them. Ive watched Lennon plenty of times for Celtic thats what he done stand in the centre circle. Against Boavista he was actually booed by the Celtic fans for standing in the circle most of the game and playing the ball backwards. Lennon has been attacked from fans in the stand, on nights out, while sitting at traffic lights, death threats sent to him. The fact that after all that the man is standing is incredible. A man that has suffered severe crippling depression. He should be applauded by society not attacked at every turn for his biggest crime of being a proud Irish nationalist that played for Northern Ireland.

Artisan, L3T5 PL4Y and Chaoz_Enigma like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.