• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieron Dyer

hollow

Dyer anyone?

Sky Sports News website is proclaiming Arsenal as the only club with a realistic chance of signing Dyer. Would you want him? Where would you play him?

nnaife

No!!!! i definitely don't want him he 's very very overrated and injury prone with no end product.

why would we want a ****e like dyer anyway?

we need a defender and a perhaps striker not another left sided midfielder especially one that keeps acting like a big baby.

patrick42uk

Established Member
left sided? where did that come from? dyer is very versatile. he can play as a striker, full back, right mid or center mid. IMO he is better and quicker than ljungberg. just imagine an arsenal counter-attack with henry reyes pires and dyer running at you full pelt. frightening. i cant see wenger going for this because he probably feels he has found the right balance on the right side of our midfield. he has ljungberg who is used to the system and important in the arsenal dressing room. as back up he has a hungry youngster in pennant. of course there is dyer's supposed off the field issues that i'm expecting quite a few people to come out taking the moral highground as a reason not to sign him.

nnaife

i don't think he is as good as people make him out to be, we don't need him moaning and whinning on the benches we have more than enough midfielders at the moment.

Skeletor

As a Newcastle fan we've had to put up with Dyer stealing £50,000 a week for running around the pitch like a headless chicken. He doesn't know how to play a final ball, shoot or tackle. He definately doesn't care about bettering himself as a footballer otherwise he would have worked on these issues in his six years here. Football is only an obstacle to him getting out on the town and acting like a prick.

Dyer is also a locker room cancer, who has divided the team into two different cliques (the seasoned proffesionals and the bling bling crew). He constantly promises to deliver and then fails. He cares more about his image as a self styled "King of Bling". Quite frankly if someone offered us £2m for him we'd snap their arms off for it. I haven't seen a person this unpopular with Newcastle fans since Ruud Gullit and we all know how that ended.

No way I think Wenger, Fergie or Mourinho would even consider him. He might be on his way to Sp**s for £8m! All us Newcastle fans can only hope so! Can't wait to see the back of him!

Skeletor

patrick42uk said:
left sided? where did that come from? dyer is very versatile. he can play as a striker, full back, right mid or center mid. IMO he is better and quicker than ljungberg. just imagine an arsenal counter-attack with henry reyes pires and dyer running at you full pelt. frightening. i cant see wenger going for this because he probably feels he has found the right balance on the right side of our midfield. he has ljungberg who is used to the system and important in the arsenal dressing room. as back up he has a hungry youngster in pennant. of course there is dyer's supposed off the field issues than i'm expecting quite a few people to come out taking the moral highground as a reason not to sign him.

Sure he can play in a multitude of positions, but he always moans and complains when he's not playing in the center of midfield (despite his pace, he doesn't have the attributes to play there). He is also very disrespectful which I don't think Wenger would put up with. He has been EXTREMELY fortunate to have a manger like Bobby who has put blind faith in him despite his constant poor form and bad attitude.

kronik

I agree with patrick42uk. I rate Dyer highly. Unfortunatly he hasnt fulfilled his potential, probably due to serious injury problems. He use to play right back for ipswich, and with his pace could do a cracking job. There's definatly talent their, someone just needs to get it out of him, possible Wenger?

He was Newcastle's best player when they came to Hihbury last season. I think Newcastle fans dont appreciate him because he doesnt score enough. But when Ive seen him play he's worked his socks off.

weelip

Dont rate him at all until he proves me otherwise. Watch a few Newcastle matches and boy can he shoot. Never thought any player can hit a shot this wide off the mark at the EPL standards. Some of my mates who are Newcastle fans reckons that he is last player they would want to have the ball when in front of goal.

Attitude is another big problem and i seriously doubt Wenger ever sign who will prove to be even more problematic than Pennant (before he went to Leeds)

Just about his only asset is his pace.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Anyone who does not rate kieron dyer has clearly not seen the best of him. Yes, he has not been grabbing headlines recently but thats only because the amount of injuries he has had over the years have made it very difficult for him to play like he did 2-3 seasons back.

Dyer has what it takes to be one of the best midfielders in the country - training with stars like pires and vieira will surely improve him as a player and thats without mentioning how much of an impact Arsène can make on him.

That being said, i cant see him at Arsenal - we already have edu,gilberto,vieira,flamini and cesc in central midfield and pennant/freddie on the right - the only place i can see dyer challenging at arsenal is the right back position but im not sure kieron fancies that.

Who knows what will happen - but i reckon he'll stay at newcastle.

sienna

I do not want to see him at Arsenal. Has an attitude, injury prone and thinks he's oh so special. We've got no space for him at Arsenal anyway.

patrick42uk

Established Member
i remember the goal he scored against the saints last year playing upfront. that goal was kieron dyer at his best. running at players at pace, committing defenders. and the finish wasnt too bad either. that boy is raw talent. there is a reason he is always in sven's squads for england.

with newcastle, i think the problem is that bobby robson (no offence) is out of touch with young footballers of this era. i dont think he gets the best out of the young talent he has for that reason. contrast that with managers like sven, wenger, mourinho whom young players enjoy working with and produce their best under those managers. i think wenger would have a positive effect on dyer. dyer's attributes are such an obvious match for the way Arsène likes football played.

lewdikris

Established Member
Dyer is no way better than Freddie - look at the goals and assists stats for proof if it's needed. He's got a lot of talent, sure, but 6 goals in 3 years tells its own story.

And he's a total asshole.

And if he wants to play centre mid ... why the hell would he come to us, where he's no chance of getting a game there. We need quality in the middle, not just tearing pace.

A wasted talent and not for us.

Adam

Established Member
It's a shame really - he has the physical qualities to play at Arsenal, but being English; the plague is he does not have the technique, passing or intelligence.

That is why he would only be suitable for a defence position. Perhaps RB. But still, he is not a great defender.

We also hold an 'English' worry with Pennant, who needs to build on his possesion ability and Arsenal passing. Comes with experience of playing in our game.

Arsenal316

Dyer is a good player, and he will probably leave....but out of the big four teams (Arsenal, Man. U, Liverpool and Chelsea), I think the only teams that could really use him are Liverpool and Chelsea.

But my gut tells me none of these four teams will aggressively go after him. It'll be another team that comes from nowhere and picks him up.

patrick42uk

Established Member
lewdikris said:
Dyer is no way better than Freddie - look at the goals and assists stats for proof if it's needed. He's got a lot of talent, sure, but 6 goals in 3 years tells its own story.

i disagree with that. ljungberg benefits from the club he plays for where opportunities are more likely to come his way, and he has better runners to aim his passes to. any half decent player would score goals if they had bergkam aiming passes at them. i mean in terms of goals, ljunggberg surpasses okocha but is that basis to suggest he is the better player? on footballing talent alone, dyer is a better player than ljungberg i feel.

adam, i dont think dyer's passing is that bad, hence his feeling that he can play center mid. i also think he has a good touch and dont see lack of technique as an issue with dyer. last season, man utd were heavily linked and 20 odd million was being quoted for dyer.

nosneb

overrated IMO..

as for why he is always in sven's england squad? i must confess i really havent a clue.. same goes for heskey.. :wink:

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Dyer's an enigma. He's brilliant one game, injured for 20 games and completely anonymous in the others. I can't see Wenger being interested in someone who wants to play in central-midfield. We're very well stocked in that position.

Latest posts

Top Bottom