• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieron Dyer

KingReyes

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
left sided? where did that come from? dyer is very versatile. he can play as a striker, full back, right mid or center mid. IMO he is better and quicker than ljungberg. just imagine an arsenal counter-attack with henry reyes pires and dyer running at you full pelt. frightening. i cant see wenger going for this because he probably feels he has found the right balance on the right side of our midfield. he has ljungberg who is used to the system and important in the arsenal dressing room. as back up he has a hungry youngster in pennant. of course there is dyer's supposed off the field issues that i'm expecting quite a few people to come out taking the moral highground as a reason not to sign him.

The best thing about Dyer is his versatility so I agree with you about that, but the main reason his future is in doubt at Newcastle in the first place is because he wants to play Central midfield. Looking at our midfield I don't really see where Dyer would fit in there. Unless Wenger is considering offloading the brazilians which is highly unlikely.

Of course maybe Dyer would be willing to join a club like us if he accepted playing in a different position. like RB. Apparently he's good there and is a RM like Lauren who has done well at RB. Dyer could do the same but my conclusion is that I don't think Wenger will move for him.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
honestly, he's not good enough.. he's got great potential, but as has been pointed out, he's a bit like Lauren Robert, great one game, hardly noticeable many others... he would be good enough to be backup on our team, and he doesnt want that anyway.... and his wages are WAYYYYY to f*ckin high for what he is worth... kinda reminds me of a Kanu or a Jeffers in that respect....

kronik

Adam said:
Patrick - How was his performance in detail?

Man of the Match. His ability on the ball was top notch. Ran through the entire Ukrainian midfield on several occasions trying to liven the game up. Played like a man with something to prove and played a big part in all 3 goals.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Adam said:
Patrick - How was his performance in detail?

agree with what kronik says. plus you can have a look at the thread on pennant in the arsenal talk section foother thoughts on his performance.

chris66

Not a bad player but we just don't need him - no reason to blow the transfer budget on someone who wouldn't improve the squad just bulk it out. Also if Pennant wasn't going to be given a chance this season as Freddie's back up we would have sold him by now as by January we'll get nothing for him as its the last year of his contract.

I can see him going to Man U - they need some pace out wide to go with Ronaldo and Giggs.

Mark

Established Member
He is talented, but his attitude is rubbish. Wenger wouldn't want someone like him at the club.

n_henry

Mark said:
He is talented, but his attitude is rubbish. Wenger wouldn't want someone like him at the club.

Well, he took a bit of a chance with RVP... :?

But I don't think we need Dyer.

jeromelee

We don't need him. If we wanna get a bench player with his so-called pace, there are plenty other nominees to choose from. Dyers not worth a second look.

jacc_7_1

dyer will not be a success at man u either considering his attitude...
ferguson will never tolerate such egoistic personnel... no matter how talented you may be.. :twisted:

JGooner

No way. His attitude stinks. He has huge potential (pace, power, skill - all the Wenger attributes) but he lacks the professionalism and seriousness to fulfill it. He's going to be an underachieving mediocrity for the rest of his career, while less talented but more motivated players (our very own Toure, for example) win medals.

A

Anonymous

JGooner said:
No way. His attitude stinks. He has huge potential (pace, power, skill - all the Wenger attributes) but he lacks the professionalism and seriousness to fulfill it. He's going to be an underachieving mediocrity for the rest of his career, while less talented but more motivated players (our very own Toure, for example) win medals.

There is no way Dyer is more talented than Toure.

Not to mention Kolo is bigger, stonger and faster.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
USArsenal said:
well, since Dyer is always hurt, most of the time Toure is faster! lol :mrgreen:
Toure always seemed quite fast to me. But Dyer is blistering, too bad he had to do a Kluivert and let himself down.

Top Bottom