• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

'Killing youngsters'

juice man

Can't make his mind up
Taylor Gang Gunners said:
Its simple logic really;

You buy M'Vila and you KILL Coquelin.
You buy Llorente and you KILL Afobe.
You buy Yanga-Mbiwa and you KILL Miquel.
You buy Navas and you KILL Miyaichi.

I don't know about you guys, but I wouldn't want all these kids' ghosts on my conscience somewhat, because I called for the purchase of the players above.

I would take all the left sided options. Why would I pass up on established footballers in hopes that 1, maybe 2 of those youngsters develop into first team Arsenal quality players.

Hell, I'd kill all our youngsters if it means we become competitive again.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
Haha I know I know... I'm sensitive after the last few weeks. Any mention of self sustaining models or nurturing youngsters gets my blood pressure up.

Giroud

Established Member
Baines will be the one who replaces Cole in the England team. He's still only 27 and is a far better player than Gibbs at the moment. Jenkinson has a far better shot at becoming an England regular because Johnson and Walker are just average PL players.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Kill them I'd say

battle-royale.jpg

Survivor of the fittest

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
emirates would be a graveyard if we started buying like chelsea and city.

although probably not too dissimilar to a graveyard, our home games are a wee bit hushed ain't they?

Camel

truth_hurts said:
As harsh as this is I would buy a new RB and Have jenkinson as the 3rd choice despite the fact he's been decent this season, Buy a new LB, Ramsey gets loaned or sold, Coquellin and Frimpong start less than 10 games and we buy another CM, Ox doesn't play CM simply wide forward and we buy a GK better than Szczsney. This would kill some youngsters but the cream would rise. Very hypothetical I know but thoughts?

Totally agree with everything. Only being ruthless helps to win trophies on the highest level. Real talent always finds way to success.

i.e. Guardiola axed Ronaldinho and Deco, bought Dani Alves for outrageous amount of money. Look at them now. Or Fergie with his famous ruthlessness and countless victims.

I'm sick and tired with our ungrateful youngsters, Wenger sacrifices team's result in order to nurture them, they pay him with transfer requests. Denilson, Bendtner, Song etc.

Mobb Starr

So are Chelsea killing Lukaku by loaning him to West Brom?

All this talk about killing younglings is rubbish. If they aren't good enough to claim a first team spot then loan em out. The killing youngsters claim by Wenger is just a red herring to cover the fact that he doesn't like to spend money on quality.

Chelsea forked out on Oscar, Hazard and Mata. All youngsters who can walk into the first team. Wenger doesn't do that. He isn't convinced of his ability to spend money on quality. He does better uncovering those little gems. But other managers are wise to that and are doing the same thing. Look at Moyes or Pardew's transfer record to see that. Southampton, Crewe and Crystal Palace all can develop top quality young players too.

Wenger needs to change his tactics, transfer policies and youth development. We are falling behind on all three. Time to up his game.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Mobb Starr said:
So are Chelsea killing Lukaku by loaning him to West Brom?

All this talk about killing younglings is rubbish. If they aren't good enough to claim a first team spot then loan em out. The killing youngsters claim by Wenger is just a red herring to cover the fact that he doesn't like to spend money on quality.

Chelsea forked out on Oscar, Hazard and Mata. All youngsters who can walk into the first team. Wenger doesn't do that. He isn't convinced of his ability to spend money on quality. He does better uncovering those little gems. But other managers are wise to that and are doing the same thing. Look at Moyes or Pardew's transfer record to see that. Southampton, Crewe and Crystal Palace all can develop top quality young players too.

Wenger needs to change his tactics, transfer policies and youth development. We are falling behind on all three. Time to up his game.

No if they signed Falcao and a top class young striker then they would be killing him and if Lukaku didn't show enough at WBA they'd be ruthless enough to do it.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom