• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kingsley Coman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Fair enough, I should always be aware of me using hyperboles because it's obviously not 12 names without blinking but here we go: Depay, Malcom, Thauvin, Fekir, Baley, Guedes, Pavon, Dembele loan, Rebic, Juan Cuadrado, Ünder, David Neres for example. I know 1 or 2 names can already be ruled out now but I was talking in general, as in how high we should reach such that it transforms us as a team.

Not saying I would not have him, but it's not ideal business to me at all. Opposed to most opinion on here, I havent seen anything that screams worldclass talent with Coman and also my friends who are mostly Bayern fans are not to fussed about him leaving.

Would have Gnabry for sure, if try for Coman you can also try for him again to bring him back.

Anyways, Bayern had the best winger pair for almost a decade now and used it to full advantage, playing accordingly, but they are in for needing one hell of a lucky strike to replace them. As things stand the drop in quality on the wings is gigantic.

1. You've used players like Rebic who I am pretty sure you did not know about before the WC (he is still average)
2. Depay and Thauvin have been major flops in EPL, you've again ignored this part.
3. Pavon, Malcolm have done nothing of note to be considered as better prospects than Coman.

You are being incredibly harsh to Coman.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Not happening unless we sell Laca or Ramsey. We've got to be realistic...we're stacked with CMs and 2 strikers. Where do we fit this winger??
Obvious answer is play the winger on the wing, the CM in the middle and the striker up top. :D

But I get that you mean we need to offload before we get another in.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
When in doubt, follow the law of transfers: talented young players generally move up the ladder, not down.

If we get linked to a talented young winger at a club smaller than Arsenal, then that'd be something to get excited about.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
1. You've used players like Rebic who I am pretty sure you did not know about before the WC (he is still average)
2. Depay and Thauvin have been major flops in EPL, you've again ignored this part.
3. Pavon, Malcolm have done nothing of note to be considered as better prospects than Coman.

You are being incredibly harsh to Coman.

1. I watch the BL on a constant basis as I'm German and even though I'm not a real fan of Rebic I deem his success here higher than Coman's because of his obvious traits.
2. I watched Depay and Fekir a lot, now and back then and Fekir is borderdering worldclass despite his 1 year lay off and Depay has shown his class at ManU but just wasn't ready mentally for the step up back then. He's now absolutely stunning and ligue 1 a lot better than some might think. A similar line of thoughts applies to Thauvin.
We could take endless examples where players flourish at one side and fail at the other - it's more of a trust and coaching thing as a league thing.
3. Malcom and Pavon have done nothing of note, that's the only thing I agree on, yet, neither did Coman and he does not really stand out in terms of footballing IQ.

Like I said, I'd take him, but for the price it will take you get a lot better.
I was initially motivated and triggered by people making it sound like Coman was a key player for Bayern while he was mostly injured and a benchwarmer. Again, admittedly due to Bayern having the best wing pair in world football. But Ribery and Robben are more or less done and now, being their best winger, which is more like Gnabry in my opinion, isn't saying a lot

Zaza

Obvious answer is play the winger on the wing, the CM in the middle and the striker up top. :D

We have Torreira, Guendouzi, AMN, Elneny, Xhaka and Ramsey for 2-3 spots in midfield which may/may not push Özil outwide with Mkhitaryan, Iwobi, and if they stay - Welbeck and Perez not forgetting the issue of how to fit both Laca and Aubamayeng into the team.
It would be insane to add a winger without at least selling 2 players. Lets not forget we have Nelson and Nketiah waiting in the wings. Not feasible

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Because he played there quite a lot as well, so obviously can do the job even though I'd like a more natural out wide winger. It also depends on what we are going to play but I'd much rather have a Fekir for the price of Coman. You can never have too many worldclass players.

Fekir is far from world class though.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Fekir is far from world class though.

For a guy who was plagued with horrible injuries he has on a straight way to worldclass.
His worldclass talent should not be in doubt anyways.

Coman might have had similar injury troubles but such talent was never to be seen.

Anyways, IF we were to sign him and IF he was to hit the ground running I'd be the first in line to cheer his name in full blast as at the end of the day I support any of our players on the field.

Not feeling heartbroken, if he proves me wrong, if it's in the red and white shirt as my loss is Arsenal's gain which yet again is mine ;)

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

The offloading seems to be Welbeck and Perez. Plus we've off loaded Wilshere and Mertesacker and have Koscielny out for an extended period.

We have also lost Cazorla and although he didn't feature at all it wasn't because he wasnt needed it was because he was injured. Also finally replaced Debuchy.

With the exception of keeper everyone brought in has been a replacement. But yes for anyone else we need to sell not necessarily because we need the space more so we need the bit of cash any sale is going to free up/bring in.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
A Wenger style signing, in that he's a young player, who isn't quite reaching his potential. I'd much rather have had Mahrez and would much rather Zaha. Colman would cost 60m plus.

nick gould

I have looked at Coman’s stats because I felt he would be inconsistent. Played 65 games for Bayern and scored 9 goals. I don’t know how many assists he has raked in but what is really intriguing is that our very own Iwobi played 65 games for Arsenal and scored 8 goals. People consider him to be inconsistent. Maybe we should start appreciating what we have. Iwobi will play on the left if we choose not to go with Auba. If the new team clicks well we won’t even need to depend on his goals or assists. Think Ray parlour or Eboue.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
A Wenger style signing, in that he's a young player, who isn't quite reaching his potential. I'd much rather have had Mahrez and would much rather Zaha. Colman would cost 60m plus.

What, wilfriend zaha rather than Coman? Coman is a case of > If he improves maybe 10% in all his areas he's could be really great. Hard to grow that much tho.

Anyways, don't see Zaha being better than coman in any area.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I would much rather Zaha as well. Wouldn't need time to adapt to the league, literally causes mayhem when running at players. Guaranteed goals and assists in our team and system. Wonderful footballer.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Exactly the player we need on the wing trickery and pace would rather go for Douglas Costa but he will stay at Juventus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom