Konstantinos Mavropanos: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Trilly, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Trilly

Trilly The John Cross of Ilford

Konstantinos Mavropanos

[​IMG]

Nationality: Greece [​IMG]
    Position: Central Defender
    Height: 1.94 m
    Dominant Foot: Right
    Contract Until: 2023​

2. Aevi

Aevi Smooth Moderator

I'm unsure what to make of the rumors that he isn't mentally up for this level, but I guess we won't know until we plays more. Physically and technically he has looked good to me though. I think the best course of action with him will be to loan him out so he gets proper minutes, but he'll probably need to recover from his injury.

Feels like it's been ages since he's played.

SingmeasongSong and yybecause like this.
  3. nicky47

nicky47 Well-Known Member

Was so excited about Mavro at one point, crazy how things have gone for him with injuries. Do wonder what kind of player he would be for us now if he was fully fit... Shame.

4. Sapient Hawk

Sapient Hawk #NotMyManager

Time to cut our losses. He's not going to make it here.

Saliba, coming in next season, already looks years ahead in terms of development & mentality.

Coupled with the fact that, should we find our way back into the CL, we'll be going after either Upamecano or Konate & you can see he has no room to manuveur.

Mustafi, God willing, will be sold which will leave Holding & Chambers primed to cover. Sokratis/Luiz are here to steady the backline with their cummulative experience eventually making way for the above quartet + Medley (if he makes it here).

krackpot likes this.
  5. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

There won't be any performances from this sick-note, so please change the thread title.

6. Stannis

Stannis Well-Known Member

once fit he needs a loan, people are too quick to look for the chopping block , we have seen glimpses of his quality

mavelous, Iceman10, #254 and 2 others like this.
  7. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

Hard to see him making it here

8. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

those rumors look spot on to me.
    His body language is weird at times. likez he wants it, he has the talent, but there's clearly going something in that head.
    Needs a loan, but I wonder if that is good for his situation.
    probably the best to have him around, work on his mental side and see where it gets us this season. He's 5th option, maybe even 6th and I think it's worth keeping him and trying to figure it all out

9. gunner4lyfe

gunner4lyfe Well-Known Member

He cant be that far off since he's working with the ball in training right? Wont give up on him yet.

#254 likes this.
  10. THunter

THunter NOT In A Caravan Trusted

‘At least’ 6-8 weeks according to the club.

We need to send him on an 18 month loan in January.

#254 Well-Known Member

Upsides- Big, strong, young, decent pace, Spartan, can read the game well as seen against United on his full debut I think.
    Downsides-Mentallity (Not even sure if that's a thing) and injuries.
    Verdict- Upsides clearly outway the downsides. He isn't first team yet and he is young so why worry about cutting him loose. Needs a loan.

THunter likes this.
  12. StefanB

StefanB Well-Known Member

Biggest worry about Mavropanos is his injury record. It's not good at all. Can barely string together a couple of games before he's injured, and for his development it basically means he hasn't gotten any better since we signed him. If you take confidence into account aswell, I'd say he's worse now than what he was when he was signed.

13. TromsoGooner

TromsoGooner Well-Known Member

Thoughts on his performance? Thought he understandably looked shky early on but improved as the game progressed. Good to see him back and hopefuly we`ll see more of him during the season. He has played worringly little football the last year and a half but still has some very interesting physical qualities.

Riou likes this.
  14. Impact

Impact Well-Known Member

Mavropanos needs a loan spell where he plays 30 or so games in a season. Centre backs rarely thrive in cameos and sporadic appearances.

15. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

Prefered destination for me: Bundesliga

16. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

who dis

Artisan likes this.
  17. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

Some centre back who's Konstantly injured.

mavelous likes this.
  18. North5

North5 Here since 2009. Still no custom title.

Oh well...

19. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Better 2nd half he won't even preform well by keeping playing in reserve need a loan he clearly have good ability specially with the ball

20. DasBootist

DasBootist Well-Known Member

Well, he is one of Sven's boys.