• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Konstantinos Mavropanos: Our New BFG

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggunner12345

I Know Wenger has said he is not ready to play for us and will go on loan. However I would like him to play agaist Nottingham Forrest

IslingtonBornandbred

Got absolutely no problem with this one and I'd stick my neck on my line and say from what I've seen this looks like the opposite of a database signings. I'd hedge a bet and say he doesn't have great stats on paper i.e something like successful passes played out of defence or attempted tackles won or something else the computer can put together but he's a player that's been seen and caught the eye based on his physical presence and potential.

He's big, he's strong, he's got good pace, he's aggressive....reminds me a bit of Manolas.

I reckon we are seeing a future first team regular here.

Steps

You all are a depressing lot. Based on my encyclopedic knowledge of this guy (which consists entirely of this video), he looks to have some skill. He's aggressive, doesn't show fear and helps going forward and on set pieces (and hey, clip shows never lie).

Even if he doesn't pan out as a superstar, it's £2M that can likely be gotten back easily as sell on or a semi-competent warm body to stand in during our regular periods of having our lineup smashed with injuries. He's 20 years old, give it some time. I am not over the moon but I am not as depressed as some of you sound.

Welcome, Kostantinos.

Last edited:

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Am I missing something here? Why are people so hyped over this signing? It's an average signing at best. A 2 million pound defender from the Greek league who may or may not go out on loan straight away? Zzzzzzzzzz. Next!

It's like we're in the twighlight zone. We need another starting CB and we go and buy one whose balls haven't dropped yet people are excited? Unbelievable :lol:

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Based on my youtube highlight watching skills he looks a better fit than Chambers and Monreal (tough, strong). Get him in the first team.

Welcome.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

This sounds more like another Elneny/statDNA attempt from Wenger than something Sven recommended. There were rumors that Sven had recommended Mainz’s Abdou Diallo and Wolfsburg’s Ohis Felix Uduokhai which are highly regarded in Europe. Then we go for 2 million player who isn't even ready to play for us.

Sad.

Goal understands the Gunners won the race for him in the January transfer window due their new chief scout Sven Mislintat having close links with the player's agent from his time at Borussia Dortmund.

Mislintat, who identified and scouted the player, is expected to focus heavily on bringing the best young players to Arsenal, and Mavropanos' arrival could be the start of several sought after European talents signing for Arsène Wenger's side this season.

This is one of Sven's .

tcahill

This sounds more like another Elneny/statDNA attempt from Wenger than something Sven recommended. There were rumors that Sven had recommended Mainz’s Abdou Diallo and Wolfsburg’s Ohis Felix Uduokhai which are highly regarded in Europe. Then we go for 2 million player who isn't even ready to play for us.

Sad.

Thing is mate, every few Elneny's you get a Dele Alli. This guy is worth a punt on.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Goal understands the Gunners won the race for him in the January transfer window due their new chief scout Sven Mislintat having close links with the player's agent from his time at Borussia Dortmund.

Mislintat, who identified and scouted the player, is expected to focus heavily on bringing the best young players to Arsenal, and Mavropanos' arrival could be the start of several sought after European talents signing for Arséne Wenger's side this season.

This is one of Sven's .
Yeah, happy with this signing just because of this. Without knowing anything about the player, it at least gives us a chance to measure how much of an impact sven will have on our transfers.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Always worried about signings like that. Rarely works out.
In the past we haven't always done well but this guy has been identified by our new recruits. They have a good record so let's hope this is us finally hitting the right buttons in that market.

scytheavatar

Established Member
In the past we haven't always done well but this guy has been identified by our new recruits. They have a good record so let's hope this is us finally hitting the right buttons in that market.

Problem is Wenger has a terrible record when it comes to developing young center backs, other than Toure which young center back broke out under him? And he has good talent like Djourou/Upson and now Holding struggling under him.

boyinneedofhumor

I’m just excited Wenger has made a signing.
1. I'm unsure if he's "Wenger's signing"... press reports didn't seem to indicate Wenger being excited with this transfer.

2. The lad seems to slide quite a bit in his tackles, from what I've seen on YouTube. He'll need polishing to stand a chance of becoming a gem, but I'm absolutely clueless if we have trainers coaches etc who'll be able to help him achieve that.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Another £2m defender to add to Holding.

Wenger definitely trying to reduce our squad cost further. We're way below Liverpool now and dropping close to Sp**s level soon.

Wonder if Stan knows why City, United and Chelsea have won 12 of the last 13 years.

I doubt he even knows they won it, let alone why!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Like @hydrofluoric acid I'm not overly optimistic but at least we signed someone who's big, strong and relatively quick.

Most of the defenders we sign are already physcially handicapped before we even get to assess their mental or technical attributes.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Problem is Wenger has a terrible record when it comes to developing young center backs, other than Toure which young center back broke out under him? And he has good talent like Djourou/Upson and now Holding struggling under him.

Maybe that's why he's going on loan, he'll be back when Wengers gone in 18 month :)

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Mavro is a great name, sounds like a superhero. Lets hope he gets to play for us next season with Per retired and Kos becoming more fragile, this is good forward planing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom