• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Konstantinos Mavropanos: Our New BFG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

The real mistake was we should have used that money to renew Özil, Sanchez two seasons ago. How much would Sanchez be worth if he had 3 more years on his contract. Could've forced City to break the world transfer record. This is the real difference between Liverpools Coutinho situation and our Sanchez situation. Is this Wenger's fault too? He's some sort of crazy mad man who handles all contract negotiations himself and won't let us renew them or sell them.

Well no because had we invested in more quality players we could have won a title or two in that period and more than likely Özil and Alexis in particular wouldn't be leaving due to our recent successes hmmm?

Aevi

Hale End FC
There might be a chance he sticks around if he impresses in training, Wenger might be tempted seeng the recent poor performances of our defence.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

There might be a chance he sticks around if he impresses in training, Wenger might be tempted seeng the recent poor performances of our defence.

Best we ship him off on loan until Wenger leaves/resigns lest he get "Wengered".

Would rather this guy start off on a clean slate.

KROENKE SUCKS

Well no because had we invested in more quality players we could have won a title or two in that period and more than likely Özil and Alexis in particular wouldn't be leaving due to our recent successes hmmm?

Except that we didn't invest in more quality players so we may have been better off using that money to extend our 2 best players. Whose to say that failing to extend Özil Sanchez didn't cause us to miss out on signing those other quality players? Im sure it would be easier to convince Lemar that he was coming to play with Özil/Sanchez rather than replace them.

You don't build a squad by letting your best players run down their contracts. We would be in a much better position if we had just extended both of them over the course of the last two to three seasons. At the very least even if they wanted to leave we would've gotten compensated properly and been in a better position to replace them.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Except that we didn't invest in more quality players so we may have been better off using that money to extend our 2 best players.

We didn't and that was the massive failure. We may have been trying to extend Özil and Alexis for ages but it's hard convincing them to stay when they see the same failings throughout their contract and the lack of investment in the team to improve or eradicate those failings.

My point goes to the root cause of why Alexis and to a lesser extent Özil want to leave.

KROENKE SUCKS

We didn't and that was the massive failure. We may have been trying to extend Özil and Alexis for ages but it's hard convincing them to stay when they see the same failings throughout their contract and the lack of investment in the team to improve or eradicate those failings.

My point goes to the root cause of why Alexis and to a lesser extent Özil want to leave.

And yet they are still here and haven't forced their way out. These are two players who have already been to "Big" clubs and seen that the grass isn't always greener on the other side. Give them what they want wage wise and they will stay. Sadly we don't want to do that.

IslingtonBornandbred

And yet they are still here and haven't forced their way out. These are two players who have already been to "Big" clubs and seen that the grass isn't always greener on the other side. Give them what they want wage wise and they will stay. Sadly we don't want to do that.

Mate, ****ing Ox took a pay-cut to join Liverpool.

Özil and Alexis are as good as gone. They have to be. If you offered them exactly the same wage as they'd get at City or United I bet you they'd still go. If fact, I reckon Alexis especially would join City right now for a slightly lower wage.

nick gould

Best we ship him off on loan until Wenger leaves/resigns lest he get "Wengered".

Would rather this guy start off on a clean slate.
Or better still, keep the boy and ship Wenger out on loan to stoke city or something. We want him to prove that he still has the drive and hunger for success. It may make him appreciate the resources he has at Arsenal and recharge my batteries.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I'm fed up of buying players and then farming them out on loan. They never settle here, never have a sense of belonging, end up playing very little and are then released on a free or for a pittance three or five years down the lane.

Stick him in the first team for the next round of the FA Cup I say. Oh wait...

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
Stick him in the first team for the next round of the FA Cup I say. Oh wait...
200.gif

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
fair enough.
one week is enough to learn all Wenger's defensive instructions
Probably just gave him a copy of a few games on DVD. One from the Bayern debacle, one from Saints a season back and one from the 8-2 drubbing we got at Old TOilet that one year. That should do it.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Can he still be loaned if he is on the bench? I guess if he plays any minutes he wouldnt be allowed

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Can’t wait to see what wreck he’s been turned into come May.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
Welcome to Arsenal. Not gonna bother pronouncing his name as I don't wanna end up sounding like the NBA announcers who butcher Giannis' surname every single night. :lol:

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
I don't trust Arsène's opinion on defenders. We've had so many 'The next' Adams and Keowns.

I'm forever scarred by watching Oleg Luzhny, Igor Stepanovs & Giles Grimandi getting mugged by Yorke & Cole in that infamous 6-1 thrashing at Old Trafford. FFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom