• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Konstantinos Mavropanos (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Was hoping he would have got a chance with us in pre-season with the good reports on him coming out of Germany. Only seen clips of him but looks like he is much improved on the ball.

If Stuttgart are so keen on getting him in permanently then you'd think it would be pretty easy to get a higher fee out of them. Maybe even offer him out to some of the other Bundesliga sides.

Kysus

7mil is way too low even though he is a bit of an oldschool defender who will never be in demand at the highest level.
15-20mil seems more reasonable

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Was hoping he would have got a chance with us in pre-season with the good reports on him coming out of Germany. Only seen clips of him but looks like he is much improved on the ball.

If Stuttgart are so keen on getting him in permanently then you'd think it would be pretty easy to get a higher fee out of them. Maybe even offer him out to some of the other Bundesliga sides.

I mean, iirc the player choice was either/or. Remain here or go to Stuttgart.

If there's a good sell on there I won't mind. Unlike Saliba, he was "just" a 2m outlay and not 30m pounds.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I mean, iirc the player choice was either/or. Remain here or go to Stuttgart.

If there's a good sell on there I won't mind. Unlike Saliba, he was "just" a 2m outlay and not 30m pounds.

As long as either he or particularly Saliba are given a chance. Would hate to lose both of them considering they've each had good seasons.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
As long as either he or particularly Saliba are given a chance. Would hate to lose both of them considering they've each had good seasons.

The manager just doesn't want a project at cb.

It's a shame, but it is what it is. He knows he's on thin ice and won't take chances.

...which is all the more reason to make sure Saliba is here in 12 months.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The manager just doesn't want a project at cb.

It's a shame, but it is what it is. He knows he's on thin ice and won't take chances.

...which is all the more reason to make sure Saliba is here in 12 months.

I'm reluctant to lose anyone in our squad who has talent at the minute. Purely because I think the next manager would have some potentially really good pieces to work with.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

we under value our players just to get rid. We under valuing both xhaka and Guendouzi too so we get rid.

If fees are true 20m for Xhaka 15m Guendouzi 15m Torreira and 7m Mavropanos. Barely 60m.
If we don't sell them they stay. And we buy new players, bloat the squad further, increase the wage bill and lose more value on those players we wanted to sell.

We are also a team on the slide so it's harder to find buyers for our lemons and increasingly difficult to get higher fees for said lemons.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If we don't sell them they stay. And we buy new players, bloat the squad further, increase the wage bill and lose more value on those players we wanted to sell.

We are also a team on the slide so it's harder to find buyers for our lemons and increasingly difficult to get higher fees for said lemons.
Yes seem we open to lose few millions to just get rid we desperately need overhaul

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Wow we're only getting £6M? Well done Edu, he's went from terminating contracts to selling players for peanuts. What a useless clown.
I don't care if we need to trim the squad, deals like this make us look pathetic.
Not our fault when all Europe are broke can't keep players because we want few more millions specially the once that got no future here

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
What bayern wants, Bayern gets ;)

In all seriousness, the lad needs some continuity.

He could get that at Arsenal. Minutes.

I'm reluctant to lose anyone in our squad who has talent at the minute. Purely because I think the next manager would have some potentially really good pieces to work with.

Saliba, Mavro, Chambers, Holding and Mari is a neat enoug backline, especially considering the situation Arsenal is in right now. **** the Luiz or Willian like signings, the club is average and midtable anyway, we've all seen signing some past it clowns doesn't change that, so why not build on it accepting some players may need a bit of time to fulfil their potential (kind of like trusting a process) instead of trying to force the issue related to players but keeping at the same time faith in an inexperienced idiot manager?

I won't complain about Mavro to Stuttgart, but it's an idiot move by Arsenal.

Malky

Established Member
Not our fault when all Europe are broke can't keep players because we want few more millions specially the once that got no future here
Havent Stuggart just sold Nico Gonzalez for £25M? But they're skint and can only pay £6M for Mavro. Ironically they sold Gonzalez to Fiorentina, the same Fiorentina who claimed they were skint and couldn't pay us 20M Euros for Torreira and wanted him on loan?!
Alot of these clubs are not skint, they're just using COVID as an excuse to lower asking prices and drive the market down.

Rattata

Some comments from Stuttgart fans about the possible transfer:

Loan + buy option is the best option for VfB. Fair from Arsenal.

From VfB's point of view, there's really nothing to complain about in this deal.

After the end of the next season just let the buy option pass and renegotiate with Arsenal, Mavro then has only one year remaining, will certainly be even cheaper.

Would be absolutely brilliant if that is true. We would have Dinos another year without great cost and can look how his injury problems develop. And if everything goes well, we have for relatively little money, next summer a top central defender.

Perfect!!!
7 million is more than fair, plus, the money would not fall until 2022.

Very cool, if it is true.
If it is indeed a buy option and not a mandatory, that's even better. Can we watch him still 1 year before we can then make it perfect. And would have him then but also automatically quite long bound. 1 year loan, then (if everything goes well with his health / performance) a 4-year contract and you have peace for now. Provided he is not then bought from us after 2 years for 27 million.

Great move! Super guy who continues to be an integral part of our defense for manageable money. Absolutely top!

Super job from Sven Mislintat!

I'm very happy to see him with us for at least one more year! Super guy who I liked more from game to game.
Wish him continued constant development and especially an injury-free time!
Thanks to our sporting management! You can't go wrong with this deal.

W O R L D C L A S S Sven. This is a masterpiece. An absolutely favorable buy option negotiated out and you can take care of other construction sites for another year. In addition, you can continue to work on his injury risk.
So our IV will probably stay the same.

I have no more concerns for the coming season.

Source: Konstantinos Mavropanos [5] - VfB Stuttgart - Forum | Seite 10

Charity FC back again.

Wounded Healer

that only shows how incompetent our managing staff is. they brought luiz who leaked goals only for holding back value of other players, not qualifying to Europe, not letting our young assets to grow in skill and value, because we are looking for more "experience" and "results". now all the clubs in europe know they can run us down and get a player for nearly nothing because they are dealing with arsenal and not with a well managed club. we sign players who disappear for mega contracts, then we cant shift them or use them. we have no strategy. epic fail after fail.
we all know this lad could be sold for 25 mils in 1-2 years after 2 loans and might as well be a top cb.
our results on the market are beyond embarrassing.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Havent Stuggart just sold Nico Gonzalez for £25M? But they're skint and can only pay £6M for Mavro. Ironically they sold Gonzalez to Fiorentina, the same Fiorentina who claimed they were skint and couldn't pay us 20M Euros for Torreira and wanted him on loan?!
Alot of these clubs are not skint, they're just using COVID as an excuse to lower asking prices and drive the market down.
It's the same as last season when Napoli were trying to get a couple of our players for free. Apparently we couldn't expect any money from them as they are skint. Somehow that same club was willing to spent £63m on a single player (Osimhen).

The common theme here is no one has any money when it comes to taking our players. Why would they anyway. Look at Roma, by all accounts Xhaka is their no1 transfer target. Someone they're really keen on yet they haven't bid any decent money for him. I don't blame them, they have every chance to get him for peanuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom