• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Konstantinos Mavropanos (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
There lot of talks about Bundesliga clubs want Mavro if we managed to get good fee for him we should sell but also i want him to have chance here because he got very good ability to be good defender

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
There lot of talks about Bundesliga clubs want Mavro if we managed to get good fee for him we should sell but also i want him to have chance here because he got very good ability to be good defender

Mavropanos had a really good season with Nuremburg and a lot of German clubs from both Bundesligas are interested in him. Afaik, the latest I heard, which honestly was a while back, Arsenal were also keeping a close eye on him and his good performances haven't gone unnoticed.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Mavro has 3 years left on his contract. Just loan him out again to get him minutes and then make a decision next year when he has two years left.

This is always easy to say as a fan, but clubs taking in players as well as players themselves want permanent solutions, too.

If you don't pair loans with a clear career path, meaning making it clear to the player you want him at your club but he needs loans for various reasons, it's often hard with young players nowadays to make them stay. A 21 year old guy won't stay under the pretense of just sending him out on loan to see if he will actually end up good enough. Agents and players have become much more aware of career planning re: young players. If you cannot provide a clear path, an idea of how you want to develop him, and that loans are a part of that but that he also has a future at the club, he will push for a permanent move.

Loans are a very different beast with young player and e.g. guys like Elneny or Mkhi. They're not a fast fix for the clubs taking them on loan like established players and smaller clubs are more wary than ever of developing young talent they don't actually own as there might be very little upside for them.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Could represent the possibility of including him in a swap for other plays. Nobody here knows who is interested in him but surely if theres 5 or 6 German clubs interested one of them may have a player we feel may add value to our squad.

All depends on the value. Realistically how much is he worth? 10m?

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
We can't really count on him, unfortunately.

Looked shakey the few chances he got and often injured. Buyback clause would be the best scenario, I guess. Also gives the player more certainty than a loan which might help development.

We need to massively restructure at CB and he's not on the top of my list so if we can get a decent buck for him, that'd be great.

ArsenalFever

Could represent the possibility of including him in a swap for other plays. Nobody here knows who is interested in him but surely if theres 5 or 6 German clubs interested one of them may have a player we feel may add value to our squad.

All depends on the value. Realistically how much is he worth? 10m?
If he's been impressing enough to warrant a host of clubs after he's signature, at he's age and the fact he's an Arsenal player, I would say he's value is pushing 20m.

Would be interesting to see him in the PL at another club before we decide to sell.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
If he's been impressing enough to warrant a host of clubs after he's signature, at he's age and the fact he's an Arsenal player, I would say he's value is pushing 20m.

Would be interesting to see him in the PL at another club before we decide to sell.

Depends what those 5 clubs are. The 5 bottom teams in Germany arent paying 20m for him.

If we could get somewhere close those that would be good. Again is there a good centre back in Germany that we could realistically get. Or defensive midfielder and offer cash plus him.

If we could somehow manager to get:

CB- 20m plus Mavraponas
CM something like Thomas or Zakaria 40/45m
Auba tied to a new deal
Offload Mustafi, Miki, Holding

That would represent a good summer.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
We should try to keep him IMO. His problems are all coachable, he has a great base physically, can handle himself on the ball and has good defensive instincts. He's one of the last defenders we have that I'd sell tbh.

Hes also one of the only players who we can do with getting rid of who may actually bring in enough money to be worth talking about. I dont mind keeping him on if it means selling some other defenders.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
More proven than Bielik. His price should be 10m plus. 70m plus for Bielik, Mav, El Nenny, Holding and Iwobi is the type of business this club has needed to do for years.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Selling a promising young player in good form that plays in one of most problematic positions?

Makes no sense.

Make Mari permanent, have him Saliba dyart backed up by Sokratis (who will be starting RB untill chambers is fit or if Cedric shines) , Mavro and Holding. Dtich the error prone Luiz and Mustafi.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Selling a promising young player in good form that plays in one of most problematic positions?

Makes no sense.

Make Mari permanent, have him Saliba dyart backed up by Sokratis (who will be starting RB untill chambers is fit or if Cedric shines) , Mavro and Holding. Dtich the error prone Luiz and Mustafi.

It does. He doesn't look any more than a squad player at best. Sell him whilst his stock is the highest. We need less Joel Campbell situations and more Bielik and Afobw type sales.

Gnabry is the exception not the rule.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
It does. He doesn't look any more than a squad player at best. Sell him whilst his stock is the highest. We need less Joel Campbell situations and more Bielik and Afobw type sales.

Gnabry is the exception not the rule.

Disagree rulling out his potential, it's what has been our mistake before with Gnabry, Bennacer and Da silva.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom