• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Konstantinos Mavropanos (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
He seems to love to defend, our defenders seem to prefer going forward.

He's a pretty forward thinkin player, too. From what I've heard he's got decent tatical understanding so at least on the level he's played at it didn't fire backwards.

Think he's a great pickup for Stuttgart. I even think he could've probably impressed at Arsenal, but I get the reasoning behind loaning him out again, which goes far beyond that someone might think he's "worse" than the current Arsenal defenders.

Last edited:

Toby

What I dont get is why would a loan in the Championship not be better for him? We seen Chelsea loan Mount and Tomori there and it worked a treat. Surely learning in the country you plan to play in makes more sense.

Country is far less important than the team's style. Also the Championship is a different game to the premier League, just as the BL is to the 2. Bundesliga.

E.g. if I was in charge of Stuttgart and had a young player at hand whom I want to loan out, I'd take a big detour around 2. Bundesliga. The styles are just too different. 2. BL is physical in the way that it's a "tough" league and teams love to play a brutal game, while 1. BL is less "brutal", more also very physical in terms of pace, robustness, tactics. So I'd rather loan a young player to a Ligue 1 team that plays a similar style to my own team than the 2. BL, despite the same country argument.

And the Bundesliga has proven time and again to currently be a great league to nurture and develop talent from anywhere around the globe. It's mostly a fast paced league with an emphasis on pressing and collective work. Not a bad place to spend a season at.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Good players have a knack of doing well when they're thrown in at the deep end.

I don't hold with all this molly-coddling and cosseting of young players until they are in their mid-twenties.

I would keep Mavropanos, I would play Mavropanos.

Toby

I would keep Mavropanos, I would play Mavropanos.

Tbh as Arsenal I'd probably do the same. I guess the reasoning might be the horde of unmovable high earners with demands for game time and injured players at CB and that with Saliba there's already a very young CB coming for next season. I'd probably still rather keep and play him than Mustafi.

Good players have a knack of doing well when they're thrown in at the deep end.

Btw Mavropanos did exactly that at Nuremburg. Joined 13th of January and instantly became a starter for them.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Tbh as Arsenal I'd probably do the same. I guess the reasoning might be the horde of unmovable high earners with demands for game time and injured players at CB and that with Saliba there's already a very young CB coming for next season. I'd probably still rather keep and play him than Mustafi.

Btw Mavropanos did exactly that at Nuremburg. Joined 13th of January and instantly became a starter for them.
Exactly. He was given a few minutes here and there, sometimes in difficult circumstances and none of the managers seemed to have confidence in him which, I think, led to his confidence suffering and trying a bit too hard when he came on.

He should have been blooded in the cups, in the Europa League and the odd easy premier league game. If we'd done that two years ago maybe we would now have a solid premiership centre-back. Tony Adams had been playing regularly for the first team for five years when he was Mavro's age.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

Yes but again its Nuremburg who were fighting relegation. He had no pressure no expectancy just go and do better than they had.

Nelson went to Germany and it didnt do him any good in my opinion.

Smith-Rowe went too and i dont remember it being a success. He seems to have got on better at Huddersfield though I think he got injured in Germany. But having gone there initially didnt seem too keen to go back.

Toby

Exactly. He was given a few minutes here and there, sometimes in difficult circumstances and none of the managers seemed to have confidence in him which, I think, led to his confidence suffering and trying a bit too hard when he came on.

He should have been blooded in the cups, in the Europa League and the odd easy premier league game. If we'd done that two years ago maybe we would now have a solid premiership centre-back. Tony Adams had been playing regularly for the first team for five years when he was Mavro's age.

I'd have played him more early on, too. 18/19 and 19/20 he was injured for long stretches, and at the back end of 2019 we had the Emery fiasco anyway. So he's been back playing regular football for about 6 months now. Maybe it makes sense to give him massive game time in another less physical league and then include him after that.

Toby

Nelson went to Germany and it didnt do him any good in my opinion.

Smith-Rowe went too and i dont remember it being a success. He seems to have got on better at Huddersfield though I think he got injured in Germany. But having gone there initially didnt seem too keen to go back.

ESR got injured:

Nelson's loan being ****e is only his own fault. Didn't apply himself and when fielded did a typical Nelson not partaking in the game - same thing he still does at Arsenal.

Yes but again its Nuremburg who were fighting relegation. He had no pressure no expectancy just go and do better than they had.

Even if you see it like that he was still able to easily do exactly that. And from another perspective to come into a struggling and unsettled team and do a job isn't too shabby either.

Anyway, seems like he's off at least for next season. No need to make a fuzz out of this.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Who gives a **** where this guy goes. Injured all the time, sick of the crocks.
That's unfair, don't think we have a large enough sample size to deduce that.

A loan to the Bundesliga should give us a good idea on the severity of his injury and the strength of his quality though, after which we can make a more informed decision.

sdotzdot

Established Member
That's unfair, don't think we have a large enough sample size to deduce that.

A loan to the Bundesliga should give us a good idea on the severity of his injury and the strength of his quality though, after which we can make a more informed decision.

I just checked his injury history and it seems it’s not as bad as I thought.

It’s still worrying but as you said not decisive enough to know for sure yet. I swear I must be going crazy because I remember him being injured nearly his entire time here with us.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I'm hoping our negotiations team ensure the loan team pay a fee and the salary.

We had to pay to loan Ceballos - that is proper loan management. He's held his value and goes back to Madrid a more rounded player.

Ideally, we just sell for 5m and a sell.on fee or buy back.

30m for Mavro, Holding and Bielik would be magic. Sell Chambers and/or Mustafi and we can start thinking about bringing in some quality.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Martinez has an absolute stormer for Reading whilst they were fighting of relegation and gets written off.

72% of the fan base have their **** out because Dinos has had a few good games in the German 2nd tier. It's so odd

Toby

Nah, truly cannot see that coming. Stuttgart need anything but an aged stopgap or mentality player, we've got Holger Badstuber for that, and he's already a slow bit part player on massive wages.

Goal at CB is two right footed players either in their prime or just about to hit it, strongest links to Mavropanos and Anton from Hannover. That's CB business sorted. Due to Corona one loan, one buy. Maybe offload Kaminski out of the lefties. That's all been pretty transparent, there's definitely no interest in Sokratis.

Reactions: A_G

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
What a signing Sokratis would be for Stuttgart. Instantly improves them. And helps mavro if they partner up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom