• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Konstantinos Mavropanos (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman10

Established Member
From what I'm hearing it's definitely loan with obligation to buy, not option. Mislintat and Matarazzo want him on a permanent basis, but due to Covid and finances it's tough this season. Also seems like contrary to the general fear there won't be too many top performers leaving: Silas has torn his ACL and thus won't leave, Mangala , Coulibaly and Gonzalez injured, too. These are the 20m assets we got. I strongly assume Kalajdzic, Anton and Endo will stay as they seem very settled and haven't been here that long.

The obvious candidates to leave are Sosa who's apparently attracted interest from Bayern, Kobel who's on Dortmund's list to replace Bürki & Hitz as well as CB Kempf whom Eintracth Frankfurt are sniffing around. I'm doubtful about Sosa leaving, but losing Kobel and Kempf might happen, means we need a left footed CB and a GK while probably receiving around 20 to 25m for both together. Some of that will go into cash reserves due to Covid and then there's the need for replacments. So it's about keeping Mavro permanently but not having to pay the fee yet due to other uncertainties.
This would be a good solution for both clubs. If a future permanent fee can be agreed the Kroenke's can plan around that, they alluded to willingness to bring forward money available for transfers based on future incomings last summer. I was just a little sceptical as to whether Stuttgart would be willing to lock themselves in because there are always player injury risks.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I'd like to see him be given an opportunity next season. By all accounts he's had a good season in Germany. I think it says a lot about us that the guys we're going to make money on this summer are those that are out on loan.

Iceman10

Established Member
I'd like to see him be given an opportunity next season. By all accounts he's had a good season in Germany. I think it says a lot about us that the guys we're going to make money on this summer are those that are out on loan.
Think we are giving Saliba a clear path to succeed, or at least I hope so. Mavro could be insurance but if you have him competing with Saliba it might create tension and not work out well

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Think we are giving Saliba a clear path to succeed, or at least I hope so. Mavro could be insurance but if you have him competing with Saliba it might create tension and not work out well
I'm still not fully convinced Saliba will be here next season but we'll see.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Depends on the fee. If they agree a fee of like £5m and he has a good season they’ll get a bargain and we’ll lose out on another £10m.
anything less than 10m is unacceptable imo he had great year with Stuttgart. Sven need to pay up.

Iceman10

Established Member
Depends on the fee. If they agree a fee of like £5m and he has a good season they’ll get a bargain and we’ll lose out on another £10m.
I feel confident it will be 10m at least based on an arrangement that helps Stuttgart for now, and kind of making up for loan fee(s) also, if these are not paid in full up front.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I think it's likely Mavro ends up at Stuttgart on a permanent deal, whether this summer or next. He still isn't displaying the passing prowess that I think would convince Arteta to play him. But I look at the stats and tbh he's performing better than Holding. Holding isn't a great passer, so what's the point of him? To be an aggressive aerially-dominant defender, right. Well Mavro is a defensive beast by the looks of things, and he's more athletic than Holding. So I predict he'll leave, but i'm pretty certain he's going to go on to have a really good career, he could be a top CB one day.

Why

Always Me ?
I think it's likely Mavro ends up at Stuttgart on a permanent deal, whether this summer or next. He still isn't displaying the passing prowess that I think would convince Arteta to play him. But I look at the stats and tbh he's performing better than Holding. Holding isn't a great passer, so what's the point of him? To be an aggressive aerially-dominant defender, right. Well Mavro is a defensive beast by the looks of things, and he's more athletic than Holding. So I predict he'll leave, but i'm pretty certain he's going to go on to have a really good career, he could be a top CB one day.

Uhh did Mavro have an 86% pass completion in the league, and one of the highest number of forward completed passes in the German league as a CB this season? His passing prowess, the fact he is 2 footed and is an absolute ****house are the reasons Stuttgart want him.

Could do a good job here, and can play either side as a CB. So could cover Saliba or Gabriel.

But as said above, I think Saliba leaves for some stupid Arteta reasons and we lose Mavro. Then in a few years time we have lost 2 amazing CB's.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He’s too injury prone to be relied upon. Can’t have a CB with that Phil Jones gene.

I rate him but he’s never making it here.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Uhh did Mavro have an 86% pass completion in the league, and one of the highest number of forward completed passes in the German league as a CB this season? His passing prowess, the fact he is 2 footed and is an absolute ****house are the reasons Stuttgart want him.

Could do a good job here, and can play either side as a CB. So could cover Saliba or Gabriel.

But as said above, I think Saliba leaves for some stupid Arteta reasons and we lose Mavro. Then in a few years time we have lost 2 amazing CB's.

Yeah, wouldn't be surprised tbh.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I remember Arsène giving him his debut vs United despite not even knowing his name. We need a manager like that.
That's the difference with Arsène though, he'd give everyone a chance to prove themselves. Can only imagine what he'd do with some of the younger players on our books right now.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Selling Mavro without giving him a fair chance would be a terrible move.

So in all likelihood we do it.
He’s just gone off injured again.

Too injury prone, can’t plan with a CB who can’t stay fit sadly.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Grealish -- Balo/Nelli -- Saka
----------------- ESR --------------
------- Camavinga/Partey ----
Tierney - Gab. -- Saliba/Mav -- ?

Would be frightening under Wenger.
Would play great football and with one or two top signings, push or get top 4. That wouldn’t have been good enough though, as “every” manager could do that apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom