• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Konstantinos Mavropanos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sven : "Hello Wenger, thanks for job. To pay you back I have already complete a scout report on two big talents in center back. They are Abdou Diallo and Ohis Felix Uduokhai"

Wenger : "No no no no, I'm under order from Kroenke to save money! So find me someone under the 2M mark instead."

FreakySami

Don't think this Mavropanos lad is at the age where he should be asking for a loan to get regular games...... it is one thing to let a player stay in his club until the season is over, another to throw him into a different league before our coaches get to have a look at him. Extremely unusual and hard to understand if we really want to loan him to Werder.

Some clubs like werder have excellent coaches where they can develop players really well and provide good opportunities to learn. I think it's an excellent idea. That or he comes in and plays in the fa cup and or carabao cup

BBF

This is a big boy move. Sign a highly rated youngster, immediately send him to a team in a top league and then see how he fairs before coming back here.

Sven's putting in work already :drool:

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
This is a big boy move. Sign a highly rated youngster, immediately send him to a team in a top league and then see how he fairs before coming back here.

Sven's putting in work already :drool:

Was thinking the same. This is what Real Madrid has been doing for a while now.

FreakySami

Don't think this Mavropanos lad is at the age where he should be asking for a loan to get regular games...... it is one thing to let a player stay in his club until the season is over, another to throw him into a different league before our coaches get to have a look at him. Extremely unusual and hard to understand if we really want to loan him to Werder.

Some clubs like werder have excellent coaches where they can develop players really well and provide good opportunities to learn. I think it's an excellent idea. That or he comes in and plays in the fa cup and or carabao cup

I think it's a good move either way

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I think this has a whiff of Mertesacker being involved too, since he played for Werder Bremen before coming to Arsenal.

There's a reason why he's going to be made Head of Youth Development at the end of the season. He's got decent connections in Germany.

BBF

It appears to be a sketchy signing, but you have to remember our chief scout actually knows what he's on about and he's been scouting this guy for a long time.

You don't pluck a defender out from a crap league playing for a midtable team unless you're serious about him. He could of signed any other player playing for the top 4 clubs for peanuts but he's obviously seen something and he's already sending him to a top league so Konstan can make the step up.

Also, if there's anything the Greeks are known for in football it's their defending.

BBF

Chris Wheatley pretending he has the scoops jesus christ :lol:

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Our fans, for the most part, are complete idiots. If you're thinking 'eh? No they're not...' then you are almost certainly one of the idiots.

It's like what George Carlin said. Think about how stupid the average person really is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that. Arsenal fans are a prime example, to my everlasting dismay.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
What happens if the Konstantinos stays? A loan spell for Holding?

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Can’t believe we’ve used our budget on this lad.

No doubt he’ll take after Chambers, Gabriel, Mustafi and Holding, good start and then Wenger will get to him and he’ll be a wreck this time next year.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Can’t believe we’ve used our budget on this lad.

No doubt he’ll take after Chambers, Gabriel, Mustafi and Holding, good start and then Wenger will get to him and he’ll be a wreck this time next year.

As far as this lad's potential goes, it's all Greek to me, but I'm just glad to see that someone other than Wenger is having a say on where we are heading

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Honestly, that's speculation so stop being a hater and enjoy that we made a good signing.
I’m not hating on the kid, I even said the kid could be brilliant.

I’m just comparing the names we are linked to now with the names we were linked to even two years ago.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

This Dortmund guy has a good enough record at spotting young talent so I'm happy to give the new guys some leeway.

Yeah , we get bagged because we don't unearth talent , Mislintat has a stellar rep when it comes to this . Might not work out but that's what he's been brought into to do .

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
also Konstantinos is such amazing name for a center back.

Agreed. Hope he gets called Konstantinos and not Mavropanos by commentators. "Konstantinos surges through the middle, Konstantinos shoots, Konstantinos! Konstantinoooooooos!"

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Jeeezz, no loan would be dumb.

For the original story, I think that sounds like very shrewd business - I for one, love that kind of signings even though it became less exciting with our aweful history within the latest years.

But there's a reason Mislintat is considered the best scout in the world for a big part of the experts and this deal has Mislintat written all over it, so I am counting on this guy becoming a real gem :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom