• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kostas Manolas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impact

Established Member
I think we are looking. Question is whether we'll pay what's necessary to land a top player.

“I believe when you look at England’s potential up front, in a period when all my scouts tell me travelling across Europe that they do not find strikers or any central defenders… when you look at England: Rooney has not played, Sturridge, Welbeck, Kane. They have absolutely unbelievable potential,” he said."

Read more at http://goo.gl/wR39XA

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

He will go to Chelsea, CL or not! I would love Wenger to prove me wrong but I dont fancy our chances.
What makes you say that? We can offer the same if not more. We need a 4th cb good competition for all concerned i dont know who @GDeep™ thinks is the 4th cb?

GDeep™

League is very weak
Kostas will join whichever club pays, we know Chelsea put big money on the table for players very quickly.

I think we won't sign a CB though.

Malky

Established Member
I'm with @GDeep™ on this, no CB will be signed in the summer.
Wenger isn't the type to sign a CB for £16M and replace him with one at £30'oddM after only giving him a handful of starts. He'll stick with Gabriel/Kos for the time being.
Chances are we'll sign a cheap RB or promote Bielik to the first team and use Chambers there (RB).

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
Wenger isn't the type to sign a CB for £16M and replace him with one at £30'oddM after only giving him a handful of starts. He'll stick with Gabriel/Kos for the time being.
Chances are we'll sign a cheap RB or promote Bielik to the first team and use Chambers there (RB).
i

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Screw Chelsea and just bring him in,whatever the cost. Strikers we can do that later in the summer but if this time we do not get in a rated CB and fix our defending, I'm not watching. I've had enough with general amateurish **** ups.

jarsenal_man

Bielik ffsssss. Lad is awful. We were close to signing Manolas before he went to Roma - not happening now.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If we're signing Xhaka when we have Cazorla, Wilshere, Elneny, Coq and Ramsey then anythings possible.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I can say with 100% confidence that this is not happening. Gabriel will be given at least 3 seasons to prove that he isn't good enough.
Haha, I don't think Gab isn't good enough for us tbh but I doubt he is for English football. He is talented and has potential for sure but if he can't learn English he'd be better off back in Spain or a move to Italy.

I'd rather we bring in a rated CB like Manolas, allow Chambers more games, keep Per and promote someone from the academy. But Manolas is clearly attainable since Chesser wants to stay back at Roma and maybe, Roma want to keep him, too.

If our CB options were Koscielny, Manolas, Per, Chambers and Gabriel, I'd be at least satisfied that the players are their. We must absolutely improve in this area, imo.

Rosso

AM's Resident United Fan
According to Di Marzio, United have met his agent and are trying to steal ahead of Chelsea. Apparently Mourinho tried to buy him in September. Don't know much about Manolas.

Mr Drummond

Could have had him and Higuain for comparatively "cheap" prices two seasons ago. We were deep in negotiations for both and they would have come. Don't see Roma and Napoli as being bigger draws than us and they have nowhere near as much money as we do, so it's a case of us shooting ourselves in the foot.

What a difference they would have made. Both have been excellent, arguably the best in their respective positions in Serie A.

Reactions: BBF

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Highly doubt we'll see the back of Per this summer, got another year of great speeches to look forward to at least.

BBF

We should be signing both the starting Greek CB's. They're quality, and hard motherfuckers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom