• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kylian Mbappé

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Wenger says he approached him last year.

Won't stop the usual vermin on here bashing Wenger for not signing him when Mbappe pisses of to City for £120M.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Wenger says he approached him last year.

Won't stop the usual vermin on here bashing Wenger for not signing him when Mbappe pisses of to City for £120M.
What is the sense in coming out and saying you approached them though? You could put together a World XI of the players he says he was in for and failed to sign. You can't say that for any other manager. Always some excuse.

GDeep™

League is very weak
What is the sense in coming out and saying you approached them though? You could put together a World XI of the players he says he was in for and failed to sign. You can't say that for any other manager. Always some excuse.

Every manager has two or three teams he could've signed.

Ferguson missed out on Henry, had meetings with Zidane, Ronaldo, Vieira, Adams, Batistuta, Thuram, Ronaldinho etc.

Batman

Every manager has two or three teams he could've signed.

Ferguson missed out on Henry, had meetings with Zidane, Ronaldo, Vieira, Adams, Batistuta, Thuram, Ronaldinho etc.
Yeah but you don't hear them talking about it to the extent that Wenger does though. I would much prefer to see him managing the players he's got better than lamenting about the ones he hasn't.

Jm89

The point is that we do not have he balls to bid big on these youngsters! We've missed out on plenty of youngsters because we are not happy to pay a fee of 30 mill + last few years we should of been in for Jesus, dayabla and martial etc.

But we never spend big on any youngsters we pick up the holdings of the world hoping they come good!

The kid is a talent and should be signed at all cost and would solve the striker issue for the next 10 plus years!! But we won't because we are financially unable to tempt these players because we have a board who are stuck in the past and a manager who thinks he's only worth 15 million.

The point is we enquire about these players and when we hear the price we get scared and drop our interest or our weak negotiaters are unable to broker a deal which is always based on the players bottom value!

Our youth system is poor and we have not blooded through 1 striker in the time wenger has been here! That is very very poor tbh and I question his ablity and the clubs to produce talent!

GDeep™

League is very weak
Yeah but you don't hear them talking about it to the extent that Wenger does though. I would much prefer to see him managing the players he's got better than lamenting about the ones he hasn't.

He wouldn't talk about them if he's not asked about them. Mbappe will be a constant question to him due to the Monaco links and Henry comparison.

Batman

He wouldn't talk about them if he's not asked about them. Mbappe will be a constant question to him due to the Monaco links and Henry comparison.
Right and he's not duty bound to answer the question. You've not heard any manager talk so much about who they almost had as this guy. Focus on the players you've got. You know what questions I'd actually like answers to? Why do you persist with Ramsey when he's shown nothing for 3 years on the trot? What does Özil have to do to get dropped? Why is it that at the first sign of trouble the team bends over like Italy in a war? What possessed you to pay Theo 100K a week? Why spend years moaning about the oil clubs' money only to turn around and waste 17 million on players like Perez who you clearly don't rate? You know why we don't get answers to the questions I just posed and we do get answers about Mbappe? Because one requires an actual appraisal of his diminishing managerial skills and the other is a bridge to an excuse for his diminishing managerial skills.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Missing out on players is just the nature of the job.

Also, people don't want to hear it, but limited funds kill you. We couldn't compete for Mata, Hazard and a young Lukaku due to money.
Imagine a Lukaku that had been here since 18. Would be a phenomenal striker.

Not sure about Hazard though, feel like the attitude at Arsenal could have made him too comfortable.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Imagine a Lukaku that had been here since 18. Would be a phenomenal striker.

Not sure about Hazard though, feel like the attitude at Arsenal could have made him too comfortable.

Think Wenger would've made Hazard a Real Madrid player by now.

I like Lukaku, people diss his game, I do, but he scores every week ffs.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Think Wenger would've made Hazard a Real Madrid player by now.

I like Lukaku, people diss his game, I do, but he scores every week ffs.
Agree with Hazard, I've posted in the past that he would be phenomenal under Wenger.

My mind has changed ever since I saw that segment with big Sol noticing how the attitude at Arsenal changed during his first and second stints. Not sure what that lack of accountability would have done to Hazard. He already seems like someone who takes it easy at times.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
In just Real & Barce territory now.

Supporting Real, French manager & playing with his hero... One winner be it this summer or next.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Hope he stays at Monaco a while longer. He's beyond us already, one of the best 18 year olds I've seen play. He's got everything you want from a striker.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

We should still be trying to sign the kid. 50M + add ons.

We can't even guarantee him CL football though. :lol:

This is the thing. What project are we offering talents like Mbappe? What reason are we giving them to play for us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom