• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kylian Mbappé

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Sad. Can't sign the established top players and it's now starting to look like we can't sign the top young players either.

What's the point.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Can't or won't? Two different beasts there.

In the past 3 years we haven't really shown a willingness to sign some of these elite talents.

Jm89

Can't or won't? Two different beasts there.

In the past 3 years we haven't really shown a willingness to sign some of these elite talents.

This is bang on! We do not have the capabilities to sign a player of his stature! We have never ever been in for these wonder kids or ever actually purchased one! We are so scared of the price tag!! In recent times you've had martial, Gabriel Jesus, sane, barbosa, go to teams with ambition!

In the whole of wengers time at the club we have never brought a striker through the youth ranks that has succeeded at this club! It's embrassing.

So why not spend 60 million on this kid and the striker problem is solved for the next ten years at least! But no we stick with players like giroud who are good but are only good enough for the bench!

Also he has no reason too come here!! If someone can give me a legit reason why he would choose us over any of the other top clubs that will be in for him, I will hold my hands up but we offer him nothing! We are not even a stepping stone anymore!

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
This is bang on! We do not have the capabilities to sign a player of his stature! We have never ever been in for these wonder kids or ever actually purchased one! We are so scared of the price tag!! In recent times you've had martial, Gabriel Jesus, sane, barbosa, go to teams with ambition!

Guess its the risk when competing against teams with much higher resources. Martial has disappointed now 21 & Gabriel Barbosa dropped off a cliff after getting paid. Its a huge investment in these high profile kids.

Its more players like the two Dembeles etc that get me... Huge talent in key positions yet we pass on low / no fees.

carlito'sway

Established Member
We should still be trying to sign the kid. 50M + add ons.

We can't even guarantee him CL football though. :lol:

This is the thing. What project are we offering talents like Mbappe? What reason are we giving them to play for us?

50 M +? Pipe dream.....:lol:.
Martial went for 50 M + 30 M and Mbappe is already twice the player Martial was at 18.
Actually, I don't think he will anyway. The plan at ASM is to build the team around him next season/ They will sell him in a year or two for over 100 M.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

50 M +? Pipe dream.....:lol:.
Martial went for 50 M + 30 M and Mbappe is already twice the player Martial was at 18.
Actually, I don't think he will anyway. The plan at ASM is to build the team around him next season/ They will sell him in a year or two for over 100 M.

Martial fee isn't a benchmark. United paid ridiculous money out of pure desperation. It's in the vein of Oscar to China for 60M. That is not the market.

50-60M + add ons is an incredible fee for ASM.

GDeep™

League is very weak
We've never attracted the best performing kids - Rio Ferdinand, Rooney, Ronaldo etc.

Why should things change now.

Jm89

Guess its the risk when competing against teams with much higher resources. Martial has disappointed now 21 & Gabriel Barbosa dropped off a cliff after getting paid. Its a huge investment in these high profile kids.

Its more players like the two Dembeles etc that get me... Huge talent in key positions yet we pass on low / no fees.

Martial has been unlucky anywhere else I feel he would be at a different level now! But players like daybala who we missed out baffles me, but I couldn't agree more on the dembeles! How the hell we did not pick up the one from Fulham is beyond me and you hit the nail on the head! There's no excuse.

Just very poor from us once again! Just amazes me that we have not produced one striker from our youth academy!

carlito'sway

Established Member
Martial fee isn't a benchmark. United paid ridiculous money out of pure desperation. It's in the vein of Oscar to China for 60M. That is not the market.

50-60M + add ons is an incredible fee for ASM.

Sorry, not happening. ASM does not need to sell and don't need the money. They are in CL and raking the dough and their owner is as rich as Abrahamovich. Eventually, they will sell him in, a year or two for 100M +, simply because Mbappe will want to go to a bigger club
Since you said benchmark, let me give you some numbers of their latest deals:
James to Real: 80 M
Martial to MU : 50 M + 30 M
Kondogbia to Inter : 35 M.

Those are their benchmarks. Mbappe is the hottest prospect in Europe today and these guys know it too well. They have already indicated he is not going anywhere this summer. Falcao is leaving and they will likely sell Silva and Fabinho, that is over 120 M for these three.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Martial has been unlucky anywhere else I feel he would be at a different level now! But players like daybala who we missed out baffles me, but I couldn't agree more on the dembeles! How the hell we did not pick up the one from Fulham is beyond me and you hit the nail on the head! There's no excuse.

Just very poor from us once again! Just amazes me that we have not produced one striker from our youth academy!

Funny part is that Martial has not been called to the French NT and who took his spot : Mbappe and Lemar. He may not get it back anytime soon.

carlito'sway

Established Member

Actually, it is a more fundamental issue with not just Arsenal academy but English football academies in general. French and Spanish academies are pumping top talents regularly. For all the money in the PL, something is definitely wrong at that level.

carlito'sway

Established Member
His lack of elite name is worrying. Mbappe is closer to Akpom/Afobe than to Henry/Ronaldo.

Anelka for example made a career just because of his name. Same with Trezeguet. Elite names.

Actually, we had the best "elite name" ever from out academy, pity he did not pan out, the one and only J E T!
;)

Rosso

AM's Resident United Fan
Funny part is that Martial has not been called to the French NT and who took his spot : Mbappe and Lemar. He may not get it back anytime soon.
No biggie, Deschamps is a mediocre manager who gets away with it because he's a French playing legend. You just know he'd love the likes of Gignac, Giroud and Sissoko in his squad. It's a shame because there is so much amazing French talent that just needs moulding into a team.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Sorry, not happening. ASM does not need to sell and don't need the money. They are in CL and raking the dough and their owner is as rich as Abrahamovich. Eventually, they will sell him in, a year or two for 100M +, simply because Mbappe will want to go to a bigger club
Since you said benchmark, let me give you some numbers of their latest deals:
James to Real: 80 M
Martial to MU : 50 M + 30 M
Kondogbia to Inter : 35 M.

Those are their benchmarks. Mbappe is the hottest prospect in Europe today and these guys know it too well. They have already indicated he is not going anywhere this summer. Falcao is leaving and they will likely sell Silva and Fabinho, that is over 120 M for these three.

These figures you are quoting me - they're EUR no?

I actually hope Monaco keep Mbappe and the rest of their youngsters. Would be fascinating to see them in Europe again.

I wish Arsenal had Monaco's transfer team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom