• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kylian Mbappé

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's not the same though, I've watched plenty of clips of Maradona, Cruyff, etc yet I wouldn't put them in my all time XI if I was asked to do one. Watching them via videos isn't the same as me witnessing Ronaldo, Zidane, Ronaldinho, Henry, Bergkamp, Beckham, etc playing live in full games.

So people are only allowed to put players they have seen live in their dream teams?

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
How does he even remember Maldini or Cafu? Or Zidane? Zidane retired when he was about 7. :lol:

They can put whoever they want in it, just find it a bit weird putting in players who they've never experienced live.

I was 9 years old when Ronaldo was a hero of mine in 2002. I also remember the Euros in 2000, Van der Saar was also a hero of mine in the semis and I hated the Italians for knocking Netherlands out, so I was over the moon when Trezeguet finished them in the final. Ronaldo could defo make my all time favourite team. Van der Saar maybe not so much given what I've come to see of him afterwards.

So I don't think it's that far fetched of Mbappe having Zidane in there, especially in the manner he left the game with an excellent tournament and what he's heard of him afterwards. As a kid you mostly remember the big tournaments imo, at least that was the case for me. Zidane is probably the best French player of all time as well, so I could only imagine what it was like for a French kid rooting for France in a tournament held in France. Something to remember I'd guess.

DSmich

Zidane retired when i was 7 and I met him 7 years later, but I remember pretty much what happenned in the semis when he destroyed Brasil like they were fu***** kids.

Zidane for me, might be in just every XI. The guy was perfect, the only "tâche" was the defeat against Italy and the headbutt... Sad Really

Jm89

They can put whoever they want in it, just find it a bit weird putting in players who they've never experienced live.

I agree on this one! If someone asked me who's the best player I've seen play the game I would say zidane as I've had the pleasure of seeing him live twice! If I have had seen messi live it might change! But I fully agree that if I pick a team or player I physicaly would of had to see them play!

BobP

Memri Fan
I'm older than this guy by a few years and the only time I was able to watch Zidane was in the 2006WC.

Maldini I recall from the 2006-2007 CL edition.

Roberto Carlos? Barely remember him, although I do recall he left Henry unmarked to score a goal in the WC QFs because he was tying his shoelaces.

Nevertheless, my engagement with these players was predominantly on gaming consoles.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Mbappe's chosen XI:

C7nl4mTW4AA8Se3.jpg:large

No Henry? Mbappe can do one.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I guess this kid is already too good for us and likely going straight to Real Madrid in a season or two.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
According to Mercato365 in France, Arsenal, whose interest at the time was well documented, came very close to signing the Monaco prodigy, now one of the most sought after youngsters in Europe after his great breakthrough season with the principality club.

Scoring 19 goals and picking up 11 assists in 32 games this season in all competitions, the 18-year-old’s name has been mentioned alongside astronomical figures to acquire his services, yet Wenger could have apparently signed him before March last year for a ‘derisory sum’, when he finally signed his professional contract with Monaco.

The French website claim Arsenal were in ‘very advanced’ negotiations with the young forward, after Gilles Grimandi had spotted him, but the Premier League side allegedly backtracked, probably due to the player wanting guaranteed game time, which was the reason why talks between him and Monaco stalled for so long.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/arsenal-backtracked-negotiations-teenage-sensation-big-missed-opportunity/

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
According to Mercato365 in France, Arsenal, whose interest at the time was well documented, came very close to signing the Monaco prodigy, now one of the most sought after youngsters in Europe after his great breakthrough season with the principality club.

Scoring 19 goals and picking up 11 assists in 32 games this season in all competitions, the 18-year-old’s name has been mentioned alongside astronomical figures to acquire his services, yet Wenger could have apparently signed him before March last year for a ‘’, when he finally signed his professional contract with Monaco.

The French website claim Arsenal were in ‘very advanced’ negotiations with the young forward, after Gilles Grimandi had spotted him, but the Premier League side allegedly backtracked, probably due to the player wanting guaranteed game time, which was the reason why talks between him and Monaco stalled for so long.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/arsenal-backtracked-negotiations-teenage-sensation-big-missed-opportunity/

So Grimandi actually did something? We were willing to pay a 'derisory sum' for a younster? Mbappe was scared off because the club couldn't guarantee he'd play yet we always give youngsters a chance at AFC and the fact that their is loads of rubbish in the forward positions? The kid dreams of playing for Real ****ing Madird, but only reason he isnt at AFC was because he was scared off at the thought of having to beat out Giroud, Welbeck, Walcott, Ox and Sonogo? Yeah ok. :lol: :lol: I'm almost offended that they think supporters believe this crap.

Now we know where all the "war chest" funds go though. Its almost season ticket renewal time, so you know these hack journalists charge AFC a premium writing up these nonsense stories.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
'Scared of competition' must be the new polite turn down... First Vardy & now Mbappe.

If you are winning the main trophies or pay alot no ****s are given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom