• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kylian Mbappé

Status
Not open for further replies.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I am 100% positive Wenger will go big for him. Not saying anything will happen, but surely AW will break a bank for him.

Malky

Established Member
I am 100% positive Wenger will go big for him. Not saying anything will happen, but surely AW will break a bank for him.
Clutching at straws but the rumour last summer was we had money set aside (after the Xhaka, Mustafi, Perez deals) for a big target, this lad should be the big target this summer. May aswel go big for him, this will be our only chance at him, because if he doesnt go this summer you can bet he'll be off to Madrid next summer.

blaise

Clutching at straws but the rumour last summer was we had money set aside (after the Xhaka, Mustafi, Perez deals) for a big target, this lad should be the big target this summer. May aswel go big for him, this will be our only chance at him, because if he doesnt go this summer you can bet he'll be off to Madrid next summer.

I am afraid that money was hypothetical, at least that was my understanding, like if someone becomes available, we can grab somewhere and afford it, but I d say it was more a spin for fans. Realistically we were looking for someone but in the end spent it on Mustafi and Perez. Also I read some article recently that we still have some installments from previous transfers to pay for next two summers, but there are probably clubs that owe us money also.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Really good shout. They differ in styles but Dolberg reminds me of Torres. I look at Mbappe and see a teenager with a promising career . I look at Dolberg and see a man with the potential to be a beast of a no. 9. His movement is excellent but his first touch and strength back to goal is what really looks impressive.

The fact we were in for Mbappe shows we are looking for the next big thing in terms of the centre forward position.
We should grow a pair and try for both, especially if Sanchez leaves. We aren't ever going to be solid defensively under Wenger again but maybe we can fire our way into a legitimate title challenge like the one that Liverpool mounted through Suarez and Sturridge before Gerrard's slip a few years ago.

AVENTUS

Looks a quality player but such an inflated transfer fee.

£85Mil is shocking for what his achieved which is sweet fk all, had a good break through season and scored double figures hardly up to Neymar's standards who done this consistently for years before Barcelona paid less then the amount quoted here.

Just look at Martial would anybody in their right mind pay what Utd paid for him after watching him in a competitive league like the EPL this season.

I'd love if we were in for him but £85Mil would secure somebody like Aubameyang, Lukaku, Or Griezmann players with a lot less risk.

ARSNLNO1

A lot could depend on the player's wishes but his price is getting higher by the day, I'd like to think we will at least be in there but I genuinely think we will be priced out of the picture, unless as I said the players wishes come into it and he had his heart set on us, why he would right now though I don't know.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

His name makes me think of this

Please make this the chant if we actually signed him

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Looks a quality player but such an inflated transfer fee.

£85Mil is shocking for what his achieved which is sweet fk all, had a good break through season and scored double figures hardly up to Neymar's standards who done this consistently for years before Barcelona paid less then the amount quoted here.

Just look at Martial would anybody in their right mind pay what Utd paid for him after watching him in a competitive league like the EPL this season.

I'd love if we were in for him but £85Mil would secure somebody like Aubameyang, Lukaku, Or Griezmann players with a lot less risk.

Absolutely agree. You would be paying for the possibility of him becoming a world class talent and suffering no major injuries along the way as well as having the mental strength to cope with an outrageous price tag and the pressure that comes with it. I'm sorry but at his age he would literally stand no chance dealing with that pressure. Your talking about having talent that clearly places you above mature strikers. Does he have that?

The quality of his finishing doesn't differ that much from Martial. If anything Martial scored more difficult goals in a weaker side than Mbappe.

He is a box player. A finisher. A predator. He will score goals and provide minimal assists. To me he is far more similar to Trezeguet than Henry.

Is he worth over 100 million? No way.

More chance of Henry coming out of retirement and signing for Tottenham than this guy signing for us.

Man City for 80m written all over him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom