• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kylian Mbappé

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
He is very reminiscent of a young Henry tbf.

When was the last time we signed a young super talent though? Reyes?

Never seen him myself tbh, was kidding.

Can't get myself excited over these kind of players these days, too many ups and downs, too much playing time, etc.

Bar-jonah

Never seen him myself tbh, was kidding.

Can't get myself excited over these kind of players these days, too many ups and downs, too much playing time, etc.
Well if we can't get the finished articles ie the Suarez', Higuains, Aubameyangs of this world then I say we're better off going for one of these young hotshots(Mbappe, M Dembele, Andre Silva, Alex Isak, Dolberg, etc) who are 90% destined to become top players then wasting more money on mediocrity like Welbeck, Lucas Perez or Jamie Vardy.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not exactly tall though, Henry really did have it all in that regard.

I'd question how seriously we're interested if Wenger's talking about him. Surely that only attracts more clubs and increases fee?

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Btw what makes this kid so good, what are the opinions of people who have watched him play?
Coming through Monaco helps but putting up good production at senior level & killing his age group with France. Fast & direct as a player.. Thierry is a stretch but higher ceiling than Martial for me.

Thought he would feature more for Monaco but everyone even fringe players seem to be in great form.

fabo

6.51 / 10
What do you think a peak Henry would do in this current side?

Enough to paper over the cracks? I think so.

05/06 was one of Henry's most complete seasons and we were v poor that year, bar getting to CL final. Aged stars, kids, lack of balance, useless away from home, no Vieira.

Definitely 30 goals min in the current team which has a wealth of quality but is being mismanaged imo.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

05/06 was one of Henry's most complete seasons and we were v poor that year, bar getting to CL final. Aged stars, kids, lack of balance, useless away from home, no Vieira.

Definitely 30 goals min in the current team which has a wealth of quality but is being mismanaged imo.

Not to mention defending has gone to ****e IMO, prime Titi would absolutely make a mockery of the PL in its current form.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Not to mention defending has gone to ****e IMO, prime Titi would absolutely make a mockery of the PL in its current form.
Exactly. Always wondered why the likes of Ronaldo 9 and Henry didn't put up the silly numbers that forwards do these days.

Must be due to the state of defending these days.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I think he'd make a real run at 40 goals/20 assists in the league alone if he were in his prime right now. Look at the absolute assault that Suarez made on the league his last season at Liverpool despite missing 6 matches through suspension and consider that the standard of defending has only dropped since then and Henry was considerably better than Suarez.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Exactly. Always wondered why the likes of Ronaldo 9 and Henry didn't put up the silly numbers that forwards do these days.

Must be due to the state of defending these days.

Ronaldo scored 47 in 49 games during his one season at Barcelona, which bearing in mind that he was 19 and new to the league is pretty impressive.
I'm sure with Xavi and Iniesta behind him plus a few extra red blood cells his numbers would have at least matched those of Messi and counterfeit Ronaldo.
Also 54 in 57 for PSV at the age of 18.

He would have obviously got better with age as well but injuries took away the chance to see how good he would have been.
It gives you some indication that even with two f*cked knees and a weight problem he was the best player in the world and top scorer in the World Cup.
If he hadn't been robbed of his pace and athletism he'd have been the best player ever imo.

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Ronaldo scored 47 in 49 games during his one season at Barcelona, which bearing in mind that he was 19 and new to the league is pretty impressive.
I'm sure with Xavi and Iniesta behind him plus a few extra red blood cells his numbers would have at least matched those of Messi and counterfeit Ronaldo.
Also 54 in 57 for PSV at the age of 18.

He would have obviously got better with age as well but injuries took away the chance to see how good he would have been.
It gives you some indication that even with two f*cked knees and a weight problem he was the best player in the world and top scorer in the World Cup.
If he hadn't been robbed of his pace and athletism he'd have been the best player ever imo.
I agree, absolutely incredible at his peak. A level above Henry and that's saying something.

Two balon d'ors by the age of 21 right?

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
I agree, absolutely incredible at his peak. A level above Henry and that's saying something.

Two balon d'ors by the age of 21 right?

I think you're right, Messi is incredible and it might be the nostalgia talking but I still think R9 was better.
He had everything, Henry's pace and power, Messi's dribbling, Ronaldinho's skills.

And just to remind myself I'm remembering correctly, as I was young:

some of this shít should be illegal.

Last edited:

Malky

Established Member
R9 Ronaldo, for me, was a better player than Messi.
Not taking anything away from Messi, amazing player but Ronaldo was just sensational. I still remember watching him tearing Serie A apart - toughest league in the world at the time and he ripped through defenses (with proper defenders and old skool tackles) with pure skill, power, speed and made it look so easy.
Injury ruined a player that I have no doubt would of been rememberd as the greatest of all time.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

30 goals and 10-15 assists . We'd score a hundred goals a season with Henry there .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom