• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kylian Mbappé

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Marca ****ting in their boots, making up claims that are blatantly lies.

Arsenal subtly decline to deny that they've made a bid for him, have been silent since then and now a family member comes out praising Wenger. Go figure guys.

#AnnounceMbappe

Our biggest transfer rumor is based on quotes from family member.

If complete darkness Wenger speak of is deep sea then we are just pray for viperfish. Its small light but teeth that will rip us to shreds.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Missing my point. There is nothing in that article that links us (the club) to Mbappe. Just because some relatives say he'd be willing means nothing.

But what I'm talking about are articles that would suggest we'd even consider putting in a serious bid for the kid.

Let's not pretend that I'm completely out my mind for questioning the idea that we'd suddenly be willing to amp up our transfer record with £80 million for an 18 year old

Au contraire! It's the only thing I've read recently that does mean anything. Everything else out there has been unsourced speculation, opinion, attempts to read between the lines or plain wishful thinking masquerading as news. The Le Parisien article not only cited sources, but quoted them.

That doesn't mean, of course, that Mbappe is coming to Arsenal. But it does confirm that he is seriously considering Arsenal as one of the options presented to him.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Apparently there's nothing in the article that links Arsenal to Mbappe. Not one thing, apart from the manager who's been here for 21 years. Quite a small part of the club that to be fair.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
What's the basis for that conclusion? I'm just curious because there were 4 teams that finished ahead of us last year, and all of them, bar Sp**s are strengthening to a substantial extent. Man U who finished behind us are strengthening significantly also. Pep, Conte, and Mourinho will all be in the second seasons at major clubs. Furthermore we have to travel to random places in Slovakia and Ukraine for Europa League fixtures with a squad renowned for poor fitness records.

What's the basis for that conclusion? Chelsea has signed nobody thus far. United have only signed a central defender with one season of experience in Portugal's top league. Liverpool has only signed a player from Chelsea who didn't even play in the first team last season. Only City has done anything more than Arsenal thus far (keeping in mind that the Gunners have signed the best left back in the Bundesliga, although I suppose that doesn't count since they got him for free on a Bosman instead of paying £30 million for him).

I find it fascinating that so many Arsenal fans read rumors about this player or that player going to a rival club and consider it as though it were a done deal, but don't think Arsenal is capable of doing anything.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
I find it fascinating that so many Arsenal fans read rumors about this player or that player going to a rival club and consider it as though it were a done deal, but don't think Arsenal is capable of doing anything.

Maybe because in the past we were so often left disappointed we take it for granted. The years we had to penny pinch while rivals around us were throwing money at players like there's no tomorrow is still fresh in the minds of many fans.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Are the teams really making bids or the media just guessing?

Honestly think theyre just guessing and filling their boots because everyone will click on it if it's Mbappe related no matter how much BS is involved.

Saying he'll make a decision after his holiday is pretty obvious. Next week is the week boys. Before the 29th. Prepare yourselves.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Where is @Kingslayer with his daily inside report by the way - gotta keep working all day long to impress the mods and get the same longed for status - cannot let it slip !

Have to say I expected this to happen for a long time but
maybe he was just always seen as some kind of Anakin Skywalker who has all the goods to become one but questions have been raised whether he can circumvent with such divine-like prevelance ?

But might be a good thing to escape a pending ban hammer with myself first on his list

gkoat

Does anyone know when "vacation" is over?? Can't find a Monaco preseason schedule anywhere.

Also can anyone explain the Mendes/United tweet....

Jorge Mendes's insistence on getting involved in any Kylian Mbappé to Manchester United deal appears to have killed their chances: L'Équipe.

Not that I believe it but what exactly is it trying to say? Monaco or United aren't willing to work with Mendes?

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I would like to announce that I am now 100% sure mr Bap is signing for Arsenal this summer.

Thank you.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
What's the basis for that conclusion? Chelsea has signed nobody thus far. United have only signed a central defender with one season of experience in Portugal's top league. Liverpool has only signed a player from Chelsea who didn't even play in the first team last season. Only City has done anything more than Arsenal thus far (keeping in mind that the Gunners have signed the best left back in the Bundesliga, although I suppose that doesn't count since they got him for free on a Bosman instead of paying £30 million for him).

Ofcourse we are capable. We have always been capable. But being capable and acting on that are two different things.

It's too early anyway, let's re-visit this in August :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom