• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kylian Mbappé

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gursha

Mbappe announcement gotta be a video of AW singing Mmmmbop

giphy.gif

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Surprised how long he's taking on this. Thought he'd want a full pre-season and plenty of time to settle at any new club.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Spanish reports pretty much confirming that Madrid have given up on him.

I believe Monaco have shut up shop. Didn't even realise that they'll probably be losing five starting eleven players this summer. If they had fans they would be livid. :lol:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Spanish reports pretty much confirming that Madrid have given up on him.

I believe Monaco have shut up shop. Didn't even realise that they'll probably be losing five starting eleven players this summer. If they had fans they would be livid. :lol:

Bakayoko deals gone silent which is odd. I feel like a lot is hinging on this Mbappe decision because they will allow him to leave.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Luckily that's just a John Cross article from Mirror.

It's actually a very good article. Think it's spot on. If you also look at the Lemar thread opening post he's talking about our interest in him from early May as well as saying that Lacazette is our main priority.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
It's actually a very good article. Think it's spot on. If you also look at the Lemar thread opening post he's talking about our interest in him from early May as well as saying that Lacazette is our main priority.

Nah, John Cross has some source inside the club for general operation. But when it comes to transfers he really isn't that reliable. I think an accurate description would be like a better Jeremy Wilson.

He just links us to every player other press link us to or based of the scout list. When you take a scattershot approach you are bound to hit couple of targets.

But like I said, he definitely has a source inside the club, so you can't automatically discount his bs like you can with other journos unfortunately.

If I had to rate it'd be Ornstein > random foreign source > JC > JW > James Olly = DM = Sun = Random guy on Twitter> Daily Star

Last edited:

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
Nah, John Cross has some source inside the club for general operation. But when it comes to transfers he really isn't that reliable. I think an accurate description would be like a better Jeremy Wilson.

He just links us to every player other press link us to or based of the scout list. When you take a scattershot approach you are bound to hit couple of targets.

But like I said, he definitely has a source inside the club, so you can't automatically discount his bs like you can with other journos unfortunately.

True, JC is more miss than hit. Time again for this beauty:

"As part of his Daily Mirror PR push, John Cross writes that Arsenal are interested in *takes deep breath* Alexandre Lacazette, Kylian Mbappe, Marco Reus, Ross Barkley, Moussa Dembele, Jack Butland, Joe Hart, Jordan Pickford, Carlos Bacca, Sandro Ramirez, Kieran Tierney and Jose Gaya. It’s not like the club have ever made similar promises via a media leak before when the chips are down.

Apart from that time in March 2016, when Cross wrote that Arsenal were targeting Victor Wanyama, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Toni Kroos, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and John Stones.

And apart from that time in April 2016, when Cross added Alvaro Morata and Kostas Manolas to that list from a month previous.

And apart from that time in May 2015, when Cross wrote that Arsenal were interested in Petr Cech, Ilkay Gundogan, Yohan Cabaye, Nabil Fekir and Raheem Sterling.

And apart from that time in April 2014, when Cross wrote that Arsenal were targeting Antoine Griezmann, Mario Mandzukic and Tom Cleverley.

And apart from that time in May 2014, when Cross added Karim Benzema, Lars Bender and Morgan Schneiderlin to that list from a month previous.

And apart from that time in May 2013, when Cross wrote that Arsenal were targeting Gonzalo Higuain, Stevan Jovetic, Rene Adler, Kevin Strootman and Maxime Gonalons.

But this time it’s definitely going to happen."

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Bakayoko deals gone silent which is odd. I feel like a lot is hinging on this Mbappe decision because they will allow him to leave.
Don't hope on it mate. This one is fizzling out, it's definitely not over yet but it will be soon.

If he does move I'm confident we're in the running though. I just don't think he will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom