• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kylian Mbappé

Status
Not open for further replies.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
He definitely should stay at Monaco for another year or even two but there is no need for a move to another club at all before Real Madrid. He should be at the highest level and he has already arrived on the big scene playing for a club that reached CL semis and won the league. One or two more years then straight elite.

Agreed.
Probably best for him although one must say that current Mbappe is head and shoulders above 18 year old Ronaldo.
Completely different league here.
Bar maybe Messi never seen anything to what this guy has shown this year with such age - not even remotely close.
He is not just a really big talent - he is THE talent per se.
Not even sure if he can be called talent, if he outperforms standout performers of other teams already.

One must always be careful with hype, talent and such things as it can turn out so different to what was expected.
But I think this time it is safe to say that Mbappe's star is only going to rise further & further unless no aweful injury hits this process.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Real is his dream club but is it his dream move at 18? If h,e has a good family supporting him I like to think they would suggest a move elsewhere with Real an option a few years on. Real fans are ruthless, so too the owners, why risk it at 18 when you can go there at 23 when you are more mature and more able to handle the pressure.

Arsenal would be perfect for him but will we bid high enough! I like to think we could go to £100m considering we have a lot of players to shift and we have money in the bank. Sounds crazy but I think we would go that high.

blaise

Agree, think he is the only player we d go that high, also probably much easier to incorporate him into our wage structure than lets say Aguero.

Goon-Ger

Serious man love developing for Mbappe.

I don't usually go overboard in hype with young players but whatever sum he eventually goes for he will be worth it.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I think we can guarantee that!

I seriously believe we originally had a high chance of getting him, but now of all things it must be this season where we miss out on CL football and had this mental breakdown, which makes us way less attractive although we tick for all other boxes.

IMO he does fancy the possibility to play upfront with Sanchez and Özil a lot. He seems to follow these two guys as well and constantly likes their posts on social media :p
But let's be honest - everybody would love to play along those two.

Nethertheless he currently is totally out of sight. Especially with EL :(

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Sounds like a superb young man.

Honestly, if this was a decade ago I could have seen us sign him.

If you go back 5 years we still would sort of be very in on this.

It's great that he seems very down to earth, despite his massive talent. Has everything to be a top player.

blaise

I d say he is possible. Think Wenger is ready to blow all our budget on one player, especially with this new formation working. If he could sell Özil and Sanchez our ambitions, shouldnt be a problem to convince Mbappe that we have our masterplan of becoming superpower in 2025.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
If you go back 5 years we still would sort of be very in on this.

It's great that he seems very down to earth, despite his massive talent. Has everything to be a top player.

More like last year.
We hold all the aces over Chelsea, ManU, Liverpool and Man City but we did not do enough.

Players such as Kante and the likes would have moved here as was confirmed, however we lacked real interest for some unexplicable reason.
We buckled it last year and I don't think we bought bad players but we could just once have taken advantage of our great situation and plug all remaining holes within the squad.

It's always the same, we are short by maybe 1-2 players who we would need in case of any losses such as Cazorla and we just dont do it for whatever reason

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I seriously believe we originally had a high chance of getting him, but now of all things it must be this season where we miss out on CL football and had this mental breakdown, which makes us way less attractive although we tick for all other boxes.

IMO he does fancy the possibility to play upfront with Sanchez and Özil a lot. He seems to follow these two guys as well and constantly likes their posts on social media :p
But let's be honest - everybody would love to play along those two.

Nethertheless he currently is totally out of sight. Especially with EL :(

At 18 I don't think he would consider CL as a must. His family being together seems to be the most important factor. I'm sure there is a link between Wenger announcing his plans and our ability to keep Alexis & Özil. If we can keep them getting players like Mbappe will be a lot easier. Fingers crossed!

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
More like last year.
We hold all the aces over Chelsea, ManU, Liverpool and Man City but we did not do enough.

Players such as Kante and the likes would have moved here as was confirmed, however we lacked real interest for some unexplicable reason.
We buckled it last year and I don't think we bought bad players but we could just once have taken advantage of our great situation and plug all remaining holes within the squad.

Yeah, I mostly agree with that. Hindsight on Kante just makes it worse.

Him and Xhaka... even the knickname was Xhakakan was balling.

With Mmmbopé I remember some people were against it, since it was a youth signing and we needed a starting CF, so I can understand people being against it, but we had slots in the team for this type of gamble on the count of him being young.

blaise

I think it is because of money like always with us. We were intrested in Kante but not as much as in Xhaka, and after Merts injury Mustafi became primary target so we lost our interest in Kante, after that we had some change left and we went for what we could afford (Perez), unfortunately it didnt work but at least we spent the whole budget.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I think it is because of money like always with us. We were intrested in Kante but not as much as in Xhaka, and after Merts injury Mustafi became primary target so we lost our interest in Kante, after that we had some change left and we went for what we could afford (Perez), unfortunately it didnt work but at least we spent the whole budget.

Not always about money. Wenger was following Kante before he joined Leicester but he didn't follow it up with a bid.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Sounds like a superb young man.

Honestly, if this was a decade ago I could have seen us sign him.
Decade age these young talented player don't cost more then 10M it was easy for us to sign them.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Even if we offered wage parity with rivals no idea why he would join us. We no longer play good football, best players on the way out & uncertainty around the manager.

Everything a young player should avoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom