• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

La Cabra (Out)

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
How much of his "defensive failures" were his fault or as a result of the team defending poorly?

Besides I find it seriously hard to imagine us selling Monreal and then getting a sufficient starting quality LB in as a replacement. We're apparently already near the end of our budget and it's not like Nacho is gonna get us a huge transfer fee so reinvesting in a replacement of serious quality probably isn't likely at this stage.

What Monreal gives you is experience, leadership, a committed professional and a very good defensive full-back. In my opinion he's a good player to have considering the rest of our defensive lacks experience unless Lichtsteiner is gonna be a starter which I doubt.

Why get? We already have the better option in Kola

And now this barca youngster

Ainsley to

lucky7

Not sure where this idea Kolasinac is better then Monreal comes from
. He's been ****.
I think there's some attachment to the idea that we needed some "Steel" in our squad. I don't necessarily disagree, but left back is not the space for that steel, and we shouldn't be sacrificing quality for strength there.

Monreal was voted second in player of the season voting, and was called up for Spain. Yes it was a poor season for the club, but it was not a poor season for Monreal.

pikey2000

Monreal has the edge over Kolasinac for me, Kolasinac is a threat offensively but questionable defensively and looks very rushed on the ball which gets found out when teams press us, also, for me, he appears to lack stamina and if we are going to be a high intensity side he may well get found out in that area as well.

Unless we have a viable replacement already lined up i don't see this one happening.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Monreal has the edge over Kolasinac for me, Kolasinac is a threat offensively but questionable defensively and looks very rushed on the ball which gets found out when teams press us, also, for me, he appears to lack stamina and if we are going to be a high intensity side he may well get found out in that area as well.

Unless we have a viable replacement already lined up i don't see this one happening.

Wrong on all accounts!

Lacks stamina? Well you get tired when you actually defend and not just pretend like Monreal

Rushed? He tries to make stuff happen instead of just waiting

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Wrong on all accounts!

Lacks stamina? Well you get tired when you actually defend and not just pretend like Monreal

6cec70444586dfea406cdb24ce61e5dc.png

You speaking nonsense again. Monreal is the much better defender of the pair. Monreal was also a very good threat going forward last season. However overall Kolasinac is the bigger threat going forward in my opinion.

When he's trying to defend Kolasinac regularly gets caught out by nippy wide players because he turns like a jumbo jet.

I would prefer Kolasinac to start if his fitness improves. But what you're saying in regards to last season is nonsense.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent

Good post and one I concur with pretty much the majority.

Hopefully the new training methods will get Saed in tip-top shape and the coaches can work on him not panicking in certain moments when pressed.

Monreal will need to be replaced eventually and hopefully this season Saed lays down a marker that he can be the long term option.

pikey2000

Wrong on all accounts!

Have to agree to disagree - for me he is rushed and easily pressured into giving the ball away and lacks stamina, goes nuts for 10 minutes and cant keep it up. You don't have to agree of course, its just an opinion.

GunnerUK

Glad we’re not entertaining the idea of selling Nacho he was one of the best players last season and always seems to be one never Criticised cause he always gives his all.

Seems like a very likeable character in the dressing room too.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes

You speaking nonsense again. Monreal is the much better defender of the pair. Monreal was also a very good threat going forward last season. However overall Kolasinac is the bigger threat going forward in my opinion.

When he's trying to defend Kolasinac regularly gets caught out by nippy wide players because he turns like a jumbo jet.

I would prefer Kolasinac to start if his fitness improves. But what you're saying in regards to last season is nonsense.

Padded statistics

Monreal makes a show of the simple stuff to make it look good.

He most of the time just does enough to not get made but hands of his man to someone else regardless of their position, just so that he is the guy that fails

Too reactive should be more proactive

Alibi-player

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

To be fair to Kolasinac, he was bothered by hip and thigh problems that led to a poor run of form after a strong start. If you look at his stats from the previous season when he was in the Bundesliga team of the season, his interceptions per 90 were 3.52 and his other stats were higher as well.

What I would say is that Monreal is more consistent and has a wealth of experience. Kolasinac has the higher ceiling. I expect both to have strong seasons.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
It would actually be quite idiotic to sell Monreal this summer, even if someone good becomes available. We have added enough to our back line. Leno, Lichsteiner and Sokratis. Bringing in Monreal would change too much especially given our usual first name on the team sheet Koscielny will be out for ages

Top Bottom