• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

La Liga Thread

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚

Yeah, Fede is a ****ing beast. A physical beast with ability to match. Props to Madrid for developing this now world class player in the 'fábrica' and in the first team after buying him at a young age. As always, Uncle Floren knows.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Man, watching Villarreal gives me a good reminder of just how poor Unai Em*ry is. Him being good in our league, in Spanish football, has got to be the biggest myth on this forum or among English football fans up there with Ødegaard isn't good defensively.

His squad is really ****ing good. Baena*, Nicolás Jackson, Danjuma, Pino, Parejo, Morlanes, Pedraza, Pau Torres, Foyth, Lo Celso, Chukweze, Trigueros on the bench...only squads that even come close aside from the top 3 are la Real's and Betis'**. With Sevilla in crisis this season it would really be rather pathetic if they don't compete seriously for that 4th spot. But doubt it happens. He's really our David Moyes, definition of mediocrity and uninteresting as a manger.

*Baena is really, really interesting, btw, I can see why us, City, and United have been linked to him. Super, super quick and agile aside from very nice technical ability. Would not be surprised if our interest is in him is quite real. Pino is of course a massive talent too, not sure there are many players in football as agile and with the acceleration he has and that centre of gravity. Pau is looking good as usual today, very composed and very assured touch on the ball and resolves things very cleanly defensively. Had one little lapse of concentration to create a counter for Osasuna though.

(Squad cost has la Real at 4th in 371m, Villarreal at 360, after Atléti at 611m, and next Sevilla at 276 and Betis at 260. So squad cost is really telling us that it should be between la Real and Villarreal for 4th...)

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Also where is the love for Karim Benzema, Balón d'Or?!?!?!

Get in Karim!!!! What a ****ing player. Privileged to have watched this player's whole career. The closest thing to Thierry Henry at the 9 position since Thierry that I have seen (other than van Persie for what it lasted, perhaps). A world class 10 and a 9 in one player. He has survived all the critics, all the idiots like Roncero and at times even the great majority of Madridistas who wanted him out (never forget when a poll preferred Morata to Benzema 😭). All the summers when Madridistas called for a better striker, one who 'scored goals'. All the idiots who didn't appreciate how much he meant to CPenaldo7. Managers like Mourinho who never appreciated his quality or what he brings to the team.

A win for Karim and a win for football this Balón d'Or.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

Awkward The Office GIF

“Age is just a number”

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Who should have won it for you? How can anyone have any problem with the best player in football last season who won the league and Champions League winning the Balón d'Or??
Barca, Madrid players constantly. Boring!! When Nedved got it over Henry thats when i knew it were rigged!!

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Barca, Madrid players constantly. Boring!! When Nedved got it over Henry thats when i knew it were rigged!!
Well, how many of the last 15 CLs have those two clubs won? How many of those years were two of the best players in the history of football, one the best, playing for them? It's normal. There's been a couple of questionable ones in there these last few years, one where Messi had a poor season by his standards but was still better than Ronaldo (but they took advantage to give it to Ronaldo basically for legacy purposes), maybe the Lewandowski one last season (though Messi still had better statistics than Lewa, and neither won anything important, strictly speaking they applied the award well, for me), maybe the Modric one...the rest were well given to the best player in the world, IMO.

The ones in the early 2000s were shocking, indeed, yeah. The Nedved one was absurd, yeah, and Henry should've won over Shevchenko, too. But there was definitely a pro Italian / Italian league bias in those years, and Henry was punished for playing in England and our European results. Cannavaro of course a bit of a joke and Owen...ehhh.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
****ing hell, what an easy game for Barça that was.

No medicine like a visit from Em*ry when spirits are rock bottom after the clásico loss, to turn things around and bring moral back up 😅

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Samuel Lino is a really impressive player. Every time I watch Valencia to watch Musah and Ilaix he is the one who stands out.

Top Bottom