• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

La Liga Thread

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Class stuff, hope he doesn't back down. That puppet of his being hanged off a bridge ffs.

Ngl Spain needs another civil war.

Hopefully, the side that wins does the civilized thing & abolishes Gaspacho for eternity.

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
Great goal from Lewandowski.

Meaningless game for Barca but they're getting done by 17th Valladolid.

3-1 Valladolid

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Villarreal been great this season, unlikely to get fourth place, but came very close.

And this guy has been in sensational form of late, worth keeping an eye on.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

This is an absolute joke. The likes of Uefa and FIFA would be no different if this happened too.

A light slap on the wrist and act like nothing happened.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Valencia almost out of trouble after relegating Espanyol with late equaliser.

I might be thinking too much into this but I honestly believe Busquets owes a lot of his career to Pep. His style is not one that sticks out that much at youth level and I'm not sure any manager other than Pep brings in a kid to displace Yaya Toure back in 2008 and having a system where a player as specific as Busquets is required. Their second choice was Mourinho and he'd arguably never have gotten a chance. Pep working with him at B level then getting the chance to be manager arguably made his career because he simply may never have gotten the chance. I might simply be thinking way too much into it, but I'm pretty sure I remember reading that Pep's decision to promote him raised a lot of eyebrows at the time.

goonerfamily

Valencia almost out of trouble after relegating Espanyol with late equaliser.

I might be thinking too much into this but I honestly believe Busquets owes a lot of his career to Pep. His style is not one that sticks out that much at youth level and I'm not sure any manager other than Pep brings in a kid to displace Yaya Toure back in 2008 and having a system where a player as specific as Busquets is required. Their second choice was Mourinho and he'd arguably never have gotten a chance. Pep working with him at B level then getting the chance to be manager arguably made his career because he simply may never have gotten the chance. I might simply be thinking way too much into it, but I'm pretty sure I remember reading that Pep's decision to promote him raised a lot of eyebrows at the time.
Busquets might be the most underrated player of his generation. Master of ball retention and recycling possession.

Pep did wonders for his career too. I think he would've ultimately succeeded - Jorginho for example had similar strengths (to a much lesser extent) and went onto have a successful career (3rd in the Ballon D'Or, European champion at club and international level) in the same era.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Valencia in danger of relagation they losing and if Villadolid score Valencia will get relegated 20 minutes to go

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Valencia thankfully managed to draw the game and they stay in La Liga. Villadolid relegated so if clubs want Fresnada will get him for cheap.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Helped Sociedad into the CL, but now an injury has forced him to retire.

A sad way to end his career, such a gifted player.

Regista21

Busquets might be the most underrated player of his generation. Master of ball retention and recycling possession.

Pep did wonders for his career too. I think he would've ultimately succeeded - Jorginho for example had similar strengths (to a much lesser extent) and went onto have a successful career (3rd in the Ballon D'Or, European champion at club and international level) in the same era.
Worth saying that Jorginho only became what he became because of Sarri. And Sarri was a positional manager that required a lot of ball possession. This open the way for Jorginho, a player with a similar profile to Busquets, to become a starter at Napoli and later at Chelsea, when Sarri moved there.

Then, when Sarri left, Chelsea was under a transfer ban, so Jorginho kept being used for maybe a season. But then pandemic hit and Sarri, who was interested in bringing Jorginho to Juventus, was fired. Jorginho stayed enough for Tuchel to become the manager, and Tuchel, like Sarri and Guardiola, is a positional manager that often plays with a deep-lying playmaker. Weigl and Paredes come to mind apart from him.

Jorginho is a great player, but he also was smart in moving places where he would fit. Many good players move into teams where managers work with a different style, ending with their career prospects as a consequence.

Jorginho is a great player, but like Busquets and other similar players, he needs the right environment to play.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Xavi was moaning about the intensity when we played them but they’re fired up for the El Clasico tonight 😂

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Again look at those tackles flying in pre season friendly they also had fight.

Real Madrid seriously need to refresh this wash up defense

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

3-0 Barcelona

Real Madrid need a CF otherwise they’ll struggle next season.

Top Bottom