• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lampard the whiner

mephisto

From the Sun:

Lampard revealed: “There were a lot of disappointed people sitting in that dressing-room and it didn’t help that they were singing French songs of victory next door.

“That really hacked us off and I don’t think we would have done that if we’d won the game.

“It was a bit premature to be acting like that. It’s only the first game and it’s not as if they’ve won the tournament.

“I’ve never suffered a turn-around like that in a game of such importance but the turning point was definitely the penalty save.

“I thought Mikael Silvestre should have ben sent off for bringing down Wayne Rooney like that and it would have made a big difference if France had been down to 10 men for the last 20 minutes.”

wtf is this guy on?

Sol man

They havev a right to celebrate and if england had won nobody would have complained if they celebrated. Frank also shows a lack of class by saying he wanted a fellow professional to be sent off. Grow up Frank!!

TheGunner

What do you mean, Lampard is just saying the french was out of order for singing and rubbing it in there face. Silvestre has admitted he should of got sent off

patrick42uk

Established Member
knob, in the game he was winding just about everyone up. silly tackles on zidane and vieira. thats the only way he could get near them, and he probably felt big about doing it which is pathetic. in england, its ok to kick people as long as you dont dive. for his 'meaty' tackles he got rated an 8 in the sun. ridiculous. proves my point that kicking people is appreciated here.

Adam

Established Member
Silvestre, by the letter of the law - should have been sent off as last man (however the way Henry was sprinting to cover was unbelievable and he would of caught Rooney - maybe the ref took that into consideration and felt Silvestre was not the last man). I don't think class from Lampard has anything to do with that one.

But, even more so, the same should of happened to James - and he would of been suspended for a few games. Obviously, his sending off would have been late in the game and less crucial to the games result.

Gurgen

Established Member
Some of his tackles on Zidane in the first half were just pathetic. He thinks that's good football or something because he can't get near him technically.

Adam

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
knob, in the game he was winding just about everyone up. silly tackles on zidane and vieira. thats the only way he could get near them, and he probably felt big about doing it which is pathetic. in england, its ok to kick people as long as you dont dive. for his 'meaty' tackles he got rated an 8 in the sun. ridiculous. proves my point that kicking people is appreciated here.

True - the way England defended the whole second half and the media praise it, and the fans - is shocking. In France - if the team played like that, there would be a national frenzy over how poor their possesion play and offensive style was. England just have to work aroudn their lack of technique and intelligence in midfield - France just passed around them like Donkeys, while they were happy sitting as two banks of four.

Sol man

Can you imagine the media hype if Henry, Vieira or any of the french players were asking for James to be sent off, I certainly find it out of order when a player wants another to be sent off and I think the german ref was fantastic yesterday.

DOls

Well, Rooney should have been sent off for throwing his elbow in Thuram's face, Mr Lampard.
Then Lampard's nasty tackles on Vieira, not to mention Scholes' deserved few bookings.

TheGunner

I think that he had a right to say he should of been sent off. I think he should off. So why can not he say it.

End of the day, he was last man back so why not say he should be sent off. He has a right to say it, doesnt he?

A

Anonymous

By definition, James should have been sent off, and there wouldn't have been a goalkeeper on the pitch.

Then Ian Walker would be in goal.

Shut up Lampard.

marco

i think silvestre should have been sent off, but by the same token gerrard and lampard should both have been booked for their tackles in zidane.

as for french celebrating are you telling me that the english players wouldnt have gone mad like that if they had scored 2 goals in 2 minutes to win the game having been one nil down. dont make me laugh!
england players would have been celebrating all night.

afundell

also james was lucky not to have been sent off too, although it wouldnt have made any difference to the result or score!!!!! all james had to do was pick tghe ball out of his net

n_henry

England would have been celebrating like crazy had they held on to their 1-0 lead and beaten the reigning EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS France. Heh.

Chips&CurrySauce

Lamaprd does come across as quite a bitter prick. He's always whining when in exactly the same position he would have reacted exactly the same.

At one point Vieira skinned him (yet again), Lampard then took him down from behind and when he was booked he started having a real go at Vieira, implying he had got him booked.

KingReyes

Established Member
Does this change the scoreline? No! Then why is he sulking? Also wasn't it Fat Lampard who went ape **** when they beat Arsenal in the CL. Its time he stops whining and get his head up if he had any common sense.

Henry IV

Fat Lampard should really shut up. Like England wouldn't have gone wild celebrating if they had beaten the European Champions, with his goal too. Silvestre should have been sent-off yes, but James should have gone too. Lampard also made some bad tackles on Vieira. He now seems to think that England have a divine right to get to the final and play France.

No one has the divine right to reach the final of a tournament. (unless you're Germany of course) :mrgreen:

VCC

Silvestre should have been sent off, but at least the ref was consistent and didn't send off James. So no complaints there.

As for the French celebrating...yeah Frank, you wouldn't have celebrated if you won. Sure. :roll:

A

Anonymous

lampard lacks professionalism.. u could be the most talented player in the world (mind u im not saying he is, i personally think hes a **** overrated ****) but u'd never get the respect from tohers if u rnt professional
like gary neville always mouthgin off about arsenal in the press i was so happy when henry left an imprint in his face

Top Bottom