• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Laurent Koscielny

Status
Not open for further replies.

DasBootist

He should look to move if a big Spanish club ever show interest, or even Bayern or PSG. His career would deserve that elevated status you get by playing for super club.

No point being great for a club that doesn't win anything, it's a waste of a career if you look at it from a players viewpoint, a player performing at elite levels.
U cereal, bruv? Why do you consider what's best for Koscielny (career-wise) but not Arsenal?

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
U cereal, bruv? Why do you consider what's best for Koscielny (career-wise) but not Arsenal?

He's looking at it from a players point of view, and he's spot on. There are two ways of becoming an all time great; win a ton of trophies, or become a local legend at a lesser club, like Gerrard or Totti.

What has Koscielny gained from staying at Arsenal for another 3-4 years if you're not winning the league/the CL? Yes, he's a fantastic player, but you inevitably get the crowd calling for him to be replaced because he's not good enough anymore followed by the crowd who say he wasn't that good because he never won anything significant. A move to Barca or Madrid would mean big money, trophies, an elevated general opinion of his ability, bigger sponsor deals etc.

From a cynical point of view there's very few - if any - reasons to stay at Arsenal if a more competitive club comes calling.

Goon_si

Has Benitez even been appointed in Madrid yet? Not even official yet and Benitez already spreading info on who he want hahaha yeah right.

djoeru

True or not it's only a matter of time now before a top club really wants him. He's just too good and top CBs are rare these days.
Thanks god i don't think he's the kind of guy who runs after more glory/money.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'd be surprised if Madrid wanted him, doesn't have the media glamour that someone like Hummels has.
Barca or Bayern seem more likely but he seems happy here, I'm not concerned.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
He'll be 30 at the start of the next season, any potential move away will be costly. This summer is probably his last chance to go somewhere better, but I can't see any team outside of maybe Bayern who'd be looking at making a major signing at cb. He'll be posed to finish his prime at Arsenal.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Loved him ever since I first saw him playing in 2010. Brilliant CB, he's getting better and better with each season, like a good vine.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

This is the guy who deserves a league title or champions league more than any other, you can't have the best CB on the planet go too long without either of those.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

His development has been stunning. Only two years ago we would be lost without Per in defence, today we aren't lost without Kos, but he certainly raises the defence to another level.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Don't want to scare you guys but Daily Star are pretty reliable. They have a direct line to Hill-Wood.

arsenalfan4ever

Established Member
Don't care about any links. Kos wanting to play under Benitez rather then Wenger is laughable on it's own. Even Ronaldo doesn't want to play under him. Says a lot.

cannonade

Established Member
I'd be surprised if Madrid wanted him, doesn't have the media glamour that someone like Hummels has.
Barca or Bayern seem more likely but he seems happy here, I'm not concerned.
And Kos is > than Hummels. He destroyed Benteke and would have had a goal too if not for the great reflexes of Given. Wenger should give him a blank check for his next contract. Absolute beast.
By the way, Woj's dad spouting off had a grain of truth. When Kos was out in the fall our defense was total **** and Woj was exposed. Sure he had his bad moments (Woj), but Ospina benefitted greatly from a settled defense with Kos back to his best form.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Don't know why you need Kos when you have Pepe, Ramos and Varane.

Unless the plan is to play Ramos at RB, which then opens up the possibility of a new cb.

Rogues

Don't know why you need Kos when you have Pepe, Ramos and Varane.

Unless the plan is to play Ramos at RB, which then opens up the possibility of a new cb.

Pepe is getting on a bit and Varane is, arguably, still a bit too young to be first choice at such a big club, so i can see a bit of logic in them looking for a new cb.

Also if the Ramos position switch theory is right i think they are more likely to move Ramos to midfield than right back considering the signing of Danilo, plus they already have Carvajal (sp).

But nah, they aren't getting Kos.

Laurent don't strike me as some glory hunter who is all about medals. Think he will end his best year with us and become a legend. We will win the league in next two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom