• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Laurent Koscielny

Status
Not open for further replies.

vP3rcy

And Kos is > than Hummels. He destroyed Benteke and would have had a goal too if not for the great reflexes of Given. Wenger should give him a blank check for his next contract. Absolute beast.
By the way, Woj's dad spouting off had a grain of truth. When Kos was out in the fall our defense was total **** and Woj was exposed. Sure he had his bad moments (Woj), but Ospina benefitted greatly from a settled defense with Kos back to his best form.

This is true. Very important to remember how bad a shape we were in the first half of the season with Mertesacker as our only senior recognized CB when Kos was out. Then Sneezy got dropped, Kos teh Boss came back and we brought Gabriel in, ensuring that the likes of Monreal, Debuchy and Chambers weren't forced to play at CB.

Honestly, even with the squad we have now without any additions we could already do better in the league next year than we did this year. In terms of depth we are one player away from a perfect squad (competition for Le Coq). Of course, we can always upgrade in certain positions..

That was slightly off-topic, but I really hope Kos stays and I don't see him leaving. Simply because he's got a long-term deal and we've begun lifting trophies again. He shouldn't forget where he came from and who gave him the opportunity to show what he's got. And let's be honest here, it's not like he's playing for a **** team like Spuds, Pool or something.

Mastadon

Established Member
That's good the less international football he plays the better it will be for us. He's not a kid who needs to prove himself and if nobody else outside Arsenal rates him that's great we don't need wankers turning up and unsettling our most consistent player. Let him keep doing it on the pitch for us and retire as an Arsenal legend with a bunch of trophies.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
If France called up their best midfield, they would've won with a clean sheet.
coq_3170085b.jpg

Calypso_Boy

koscielny is that great to be honest, mertesacker makes him look better than he is. Koscielny can defend pretty well on the front foot however on the backfoot he's not the best.

Carrasco's goal against us proved this, he moved over far too early and made the chance easy

fabo

6.51 / 10
Arsenal fans in the online world are a strange breed - Koscielny world class, Coquelin after a couple of good months is now better than anyone we could buy, whoscored backs it up!

I think Koscielny is good and himself and Mertesacker are fairly reliable as a partnership. We haven't had a world class centre back since Sol Campbell - these lads are closer to Kolo Toure who was also pretty good for us, if a little erratic and liable to make mistakes.

I doubt we have to worry about the top clubs coming in for Koscielny tbh.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Arsenal fans in the online world are a strange breed - Koscielny world class, Coquelin after a couple of good months is now better than anyone we could buy, whoscored backs it up!

Nothing to do with Whoscored. How can you not watch your own club play every week and realize what a massive difference both of them make to the team when they're playing?

You DOMINATED a cup final, never seen anything like it. Coquelin played a massive part in that, basically stopping any attempt on attacking from Villa.

Then there's Koscielny, literally the only player between your defense looking pathetic to the point of comical and it being a fantastic defensive unit.

There's nothing strange about it. People calling Ramsey world class, Chamberlain as good as Sterling, Giroud world class - sure, that **** is ****ing strange. Calling Koscielny world class and Coquelin's consistent incredible level of play "good enough" is not strange.

And no, you'll never have to worry about clubs coming in for Koscielny, because Arsenal players are consistently underrated by pretty much everyone who don't follow you on a weekly basis.

Ironically, the local pundits here are some of the only ones I've seen give credit where credit is due with regards to Arsenal. This was their PL team of the season:

444105ed90953d0ba34c29c7512023c2.png

Koscielny is easily the best CB in the Prem, and thus almost by default he's world class.

I can understand non-Arsenal fans underrating Koscielny due to the longstanding stereotyping about Arsenal's lack of defensive quality etc, but to see people who seemingly watch every game every week play down his ability.. It boggles my mind.

It should not be problem, you know. People finding some players world class, people who don't find them world class.

When Koscielny play for us I feel like he is the best defender in the league. Probably Europe. I find him ahead of most of the defenders at top clubs and that is why I think he is world class. What other world class defenders are there? Ramos, Pepe, Pique? Silva? Koscielny better than all of them.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Yeah sorry, I don't give an absolute **** about how Koscielny performs in useless international matches - he is a beast for Arsenal and that's where it matters.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

People doesn't even want him for EURO 2016. Can you imagine ?

Who cares? France NT can go and do one and never pick Koscielny again for all I care - he's performances for us in the PL and CL are there for all to see.

A WC player, above all, improves the team significantly when he plays - look at our record with and without Kos a few pages back in this thread - says it all really.

GDeep™

League is very weak
People doesn't even want him for EURO 2016. Can you imagine ?

Surprising because its not like you have many great options. Varane, Zouma, Mangala, Sakho etc.

Some players don't shine at international level for whatever reason, so I have no issue with people in France not rating or questioning Kos. I watch him for Arsenal and he's quality for us.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Koschielny has an awesome understanding with Mertesacker, that's one of the reasons he plays so well at Arsenal. I know its a cliche but defenders do perform in pairs.
I'll have to see him perform at the same level consistently with a different partner to judge him properly.

Calypso_Boy

people have forgotten how much of a calamity kos was before per arrived. I remember that i wanted him sold so it's no surprise that the france nt want him gone.

He's a good defender but he's a bit like david luiz in the way that he plays a high risk defensive game. He needs a calming figure next to him to cover the gaps, to defend the 6 yard box and also to hold their position. Unfortunately varane doesnt do that which means frances defence is akin to kos' partnership with vermaelen; disastrous. Kos can mark very tightly and because of that he's fantastic at winning tackles and interceptions however his positional play when he doesnt have to mark has a lot to be desired. He isnt very good at playing offside and he doesnt know how to handle 2 on 1s very well. Gabriel has better raw defensive skills than kos and in the future will be considered a better cb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom