Laurent Koscielny: Achilles Heal?

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by THunter, May 18, 2015.

1. RoadrunnerReloaded

RoadrunnerReloaded Well-Known Member

Thread title should be changed to The One-Arm Man

Camron likes this.
  2. Trilly

Trilly Thinks we'll win if we outscore the opposition

Should be getting phased out, maybe one more good season in him but only if we play him sparingly.

Thing is we'll keep him too long and his last season will undo a lot of goodwill towards him.

This post is nothing to do with his performance today though.

Gooner Zig and lamby22 like this.
  3. OSBK

OSBK Well-Known Member

He was crap, mustafi for all his faults saved us from a few more. Kos was just letting them run through him.

Brown Gooner likes this.
  4. HBL

HBL Well-Known Member

Still think he has a part to play with us over the next 12-18 months, his pace still bails us out at least once a game.

Think it’s difficult to judge our cb’s without a proper midfield enforcer in front of them. Just the individual mistakes that he and Mustafi make on the ball that are killing us.

Kosc, Mustafi and 2 new cb’s in the summer would be perfect.

5. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

The Cum-Jam Sarnie

6. albakos

albakos Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you" Administrator

We didn't have more underwhelming captain/vice-captains for quite a long time.
    And it's funny because ever since JVP left, the captains were a joke as they mostly sat on bench/remained injured.

Vermaelen was left so out of the club, he even failed to make the bench at several games.
    Arteta spent the majority of his captain period in treatment table.
    Mertesacker is same as Vermaelen. Many times he doesn't even make the bench, whiel his deputy Koscielny is underwhelming.

For all his seniority with our club, Kos is nigh on invisible to organize and lead our team.

BigPoppaPump and krengon like this.
  7. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Well-Known Member

Not saying he's always been bad just never been that good and is accident prone. You might not agree with the former (people been disagreeing with me for years) but the later is undeniable and he s prone to getting bullied too.

If Koscielny was a better CB and leader we would have some of the abysmal results we've had over the years.

And using disgusting in that context is hilarious.

8. Zaza

Zaza Well-Known Member

One of the best at his peak but he's fading. We need Manolas and another youngish CB or maybe even Evans. Can't keep relying on him

9. Wilshere1010

Wilshere1010 Well-Known Member

Definitely need to take the pressure off him. I think our attack and CM are pretty much sorted if Jack and Ramsey sign on, 2 CBs, a DM and a GK should be priority in the summer.

10. OSBK

OSBK Well-Known Member

So finished its unreal. Ageruo made him look like a pub player.

11. nick gould

nick gould Well-Known Member

Wenger should have made plans to replace him before the start of the season.

12. Gamefaced

Gamefaced Active Member

This guy needs replacing, but to be fair I have never rated him as highly as most my fellow Gooners. Not a real leader, can often be out muscled, lacks the defensive intelligence of a real world class defender. Positional sense not the best, hit and miss at sniffing out the danger and is prone to a brain fart moment. Always thought we could of gone a level above him as he has always been the best of a bad bunch, but we always opted for someone to play along side him. Not judging him based on the last game just in general.

Brown Gooner likes this.
  13. GDeep™

GDeep™ Hipster

Everyonevwants him replaced now? Cech too.

Just a year behind me, ladies. Kos has been trash for a while.

14. Brown Gooner

Brown Gooner DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH

Laurent was a decent CB in his prime but age is finally catching up with him now. Losing in the air against Kane and getting outpaced by Aguero today. He can no longer put decent performances against top quality CFs.

I respect him for his contributions to the club but he needs replacing this summer. And I agree many Arsenal fans overrated him even during his prime.

15. BBF

BBF Real name: Ragip Xh...

We wasted his prime years with us.

American_Gooner and OSBK like this.
  16. say yes

say yes To RonaldoMadness

Our captain :lol:

BigPoppaPump and Brown Gooner like this.
  17. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Feel sorry for him having played next to and in front of some absolute jokers over the years. Should have had at least 2 PL titles to his name in 13/14 and 15/16.

blaze_of_glory likes this.
  18. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory The wheel turns Moderator

Yeah only partner he's ever had here that actually complimented and supported him was Mertesacker. Some brief, beautiful years where those two allowed us to have a solid defensive record. Probably the only time since we moved to the Emirates that's been the case.

19. say yes

say yes To RonaldoMadness

This guy gets cut a ridiculous amount of slack tbh.

‘Needs a complimentary partner’ ‘Been let down by his teammates’ etc

If you need Per Mertesacker alongside you to look like a decent CB then maybe you’re just not that good?

lamby22 and BigPoppaPump like this.
  20. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory The wheel turns Moderator

Well now he's both older and plagued by chronic tendonitis, which I can only assume would completely erode the leg of regular man such as yourself. He was always excellent and could be seen bailing out every partner other than Mertesacker.

Won't have any downplaying of Kos' contributions here over they years just because he's now finally past his prime and the team is in a bad moment.