• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Laurent Koscielny

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I feel that if he was a British player he would have been given so much more credit and respect... The media doesn't recognize that kos is probably the best CB in the premier league some would disagree but base on consistant performance over the years.. The lad has everything.. Hopefully he kicks on for France now..

I would say he is now the best CB in England.

Don't think being non English has something to do with him not receiving the hype that we think he should, I would say not winning a major title is the primary reason.

He wins a title and has a great season also, like Terry and Kompany in previous years, he'll receive his plaudits.

Also, he doesn't shout and organise like Terry/Kompany, while his style of play is less eye catching than the old English CB style of Terry and very physical style of Kompany.

All these things come into play in how you're going to be viewed. Primarily though, not winning a major title is holding back his status, because he's having great seasons.

The_Roadrunner

Burned Out

Its interesting to me how much other fans underrate Kos.

I have read and heard many fans not just of other EPL teams but continental teams that just don't rate him at all.

I think it comes to the fact that Kos has 1-2 games in him a year where he scores an own goal and I think thats what most non-Gooners remember as. The CB that scores own goals.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

Don't think being non English has something to do with him not receiving the hype that we think he should, I would say not winning a major title is the primary reason.

He wins a title and has a great season also, like Terry and Kompany in previous years, he'll receive his plaudits.

Also, he doesn't shout and organise like Terry/Kompany, while his style of play is less eye catching than the old English CB style of Terry and very physical style of Kompany.

All these things come into play in how you're going to be viewed. Primarily though, not winning a major title is holding back his status, because he's having great seasons.
Yeah I agree. This is a guy who has pocketed Messi, Suarez and Aguero among others with relative ease. I think it's because he's so calm and looks almost nonchalant that he's not recognized like he should be. A title would definitely help but I think his smooth style of play counts against him most of all in terms of recognition. I think he and Gabriel will make an excellent pairing over the next few years. Kos and Kos Jr.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
The good thing about this potential Kos-Gab partnership is that if Kos starts to lose his pace in the coming years, he can just adapt his game a bit and the partnership won't necessarily suffer because Gabriel has the speed to cover for him.

I don't see Kos ever becoming a problem even if he loses his speed a bit. I reckon he's got the positional awareness and anticipation in his game to make up for it.

If they can keep clicking together, this could be our partnership for years.

BobP

Memri Fan
The good thing about this potential Kos-Gab partnership is that if Kos starts to lose his pace in the coming years, he can just adapt his game a bit and the partnership won't necessarily suffer because Gabriel has the speed to cover for him.

I don't see Kos ever becoming a problem even if he loses his speed a bit. I reckon he's got the positional awareness and anticipation in his game to make up for it.

It's actually insane the amount of times he has made those interceptions or stepped in to prevent an opposition player having a clear run at goal. The guy holds our **** together.

Will be interesting to see if Wenger persists with a partnership of Gabriel and Koscielny, even after the return from injury of Mert.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

Kos won't ever lose his pace. He's a freak like Ivan Cordoba. He'll always be quick.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

His partnership with Gabriel looks very promising. Gabriel is nothing like Vermaelen really. He doesn't make suicidal runs into midfield with the ball and he is much more composed in defence.

Can't wait for them to develop their partnership further, could be title winning duo.

africe

Sort of OT but it's a real shame that Fekir ruptured his ACL. Started the season so well, too. Useless international friendlies strike again.

TorontoGooner76

His partnership with Gabriel looks very promising. Gabriel is nothing like Vermaelen really. He doesn't make suicidal runs into midfield with the ball and he is much more composed in defence.

Can't wait for them to develop their partnership further, could be title winning duo.

Love that partnership as well. Could be quite solid, and Gabriel has a little bit of an aggressive side from what I have seen. Nice seeing that from him and Coq. We can't come across as soft anymore.

Gabriel needs to put a bit more zip on his passes out of the back. A few were almost picked off in the Newcastle game. But he looks quite promising back there. I see him as an Ariel threat in the box as well.

Hope Gabriel and Koscielny get a run of games. Yes, we need to score more and I am confident we will do that, but I think first we need to be strong from the back in a defensive way. Thsee two and Cech can do this.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Yeah Kos is a monster no doubt. Sometimes i just laugh to myself when i see him pull off ridiculous interceptions or great pieces of skill. He's just too f*cking good at times.

Our spine is nearly complete now: Cech-Kos-Coq-Özil-?

A title needs to be won with this spine. Finish the puzzle in Jan/next summer and win a title in the next 2 years or Özil, Alexis etc will be packing their bags and looking elsewhere. Can't have all these stars in our team and not compete for titles at least.

Token Yank

Don't like the Gabriel Vermealean comparison either. I hope Gab gets a run of games, looks like a great player, plus he seems to pull out a ridiculous athletic tackle out of nowhere at least once a game.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant

Kos' face after winding up Nani when he bought a foul.

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-05%20at%205.12.27%20AM_zpsjeapgtjv.png

:lol: I love this man

OG J0E

Feel in addition to those points that he's dodgier on defensive set pieces than the other CBs you've listed, and with this such a big part of the game in England he's going to get judged more harshly for it. Wonder if foreign fans rate him differently.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Vermaelen and Gabriel are nothing like.
Thomas was always more of a ball playing defender, lost in betwean Lb and CB.
Built for a CB bit technique wise he was a Lb or even a DM.
Similar to Chivu.

He would have been good with someone like Per next to him.

Gabriel on the other hand is a defender first and second. Loves defending, is strong and aggresive and doesnt care for going forward.

I am super excited to see him with best CB in the league, Boss.

There is nothing stopping them to become top Cb pair in Europe
Alongside Cech it makes us as good as it gets

Love Per, but as I already said before, as soon as Gabriel gets few games in a run he will get his spot. For a player like Per, who depends on positioning and reading of the game it will be devastating. He needs games to get to his best, since he cant make up for his mistakes with pace.

Our style also fits faster defenders like Kos, Bellerin, Gabriel.. Another reason why Gabi should br a hit

Kos on the other hand, all I wish for him is health. He truly is the best one in the country, and I couldn't care less who sees that and who doesnt

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Gabriel is a competent defender, Vermaelen is not. Their aggressiveness is the only thing in common.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Kos is in the elite bracket of CB's along with Godin and Thiago Silva for me. I rate him that highly. Ask yourselves what the others do better...

There we have it :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom