• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Laurent Koscielny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I don't blame him at all for feeling upset. Missing out on winning the World Cup because of an injury is horrible, that trophy is every footballer's dream. It's not like he's won any other major trophies either, even though he's a very capable player. I empathize with him deeply.

TheEconomist

Established Member
He's only human. Don't blame him at all for how he feels. Years of good performances and dedication only to miss out on a world cup out of pure bad luck. Obviously it's only his side of the story but it's sad that the national team didn't do more to involve him

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
I do blame him.

I understand he's angry because of his injury. This I get totally. But **** happens.
But going as far as saying he didn't want to see his team winning the world cup is terrible and such a selfish mindset. It's a lack of respect to his team mates, his coach and his country. Especially when you were one of the most important player in the dressing room.

I'm really disappointed because I do love Koscielny as a player.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Wow, what an interview. Always had mad respect for this player. Always seemed humble to me. Don't blame him at all for how he feels.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Incredibly blunt and honest from Koscielny, no wonder people are upset, we live in a world where comforting lies are more acceptable than just being honest regardless of how it comes across.

Personally find it quite refreshing, he'll have to live with the fact that he could have been part of the squad that made history and won the world cup for only a second time but he missed out on the opportunity. It's no wonder he feels bitter. What's he meant to do lie and say he's just happy for the team? Very few players lift the world cup as part of a winning team, it's not surprising when someone just missed out on the opportunity that they wish they could turn back time.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Deep down I'd feel the same way, and I think when saying it, he's being honest about his feelings rather than expressing ill-will towards his teammates. It's not so much selfish as it is honest and human, and I don't think there is any shame in it.

Agreed. There's a massive difference between how you feel, and how you act. Surely we've all "done the right thing" at some point despite the selfish feelings we all have to varying degrees.

It's like if a girl you have a crush on is dating one of your mates. You support your friend and don't say anything, despite how you might be feeling inside. What Kos did here is basically the equivalent of telling your mate that you had a crush on his ex-girlfriend after he's gotten completely over her.

We're only human ffs. Honestly difficult for me to see how Kos' honesty can be anything but admirable here; he clearly didn't act on it during the WC and his words will do no harm now.

Tir Na Nog

Per is another guy who was incredibly honest and yet again like Kos received criticism for some of the stuff he was saying about not enjoying football or losing motivation after the world cup. Many people try to say that men should be more open and honest about their feelings instead of bottling everything up, yet when they do just that they're still criticised for it? What do people actually want? I personally always prefer people say what they feel regardless of how upsetting, bitter, controversial it sounds. At least they're honest.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Incredibly blunt and honest from Koscielny, no wonder people are upset, we live in a world where comforting lies are more acceptable than just being honest regardless of how it comes across.

Personally find it quite refreshing, he'll have to live with the fact that he could have been part of the squad that made history and won the world cup for only a second time but he missed out on the opportunity. It's no wonder he feels bitter. What's he meant to do lie and say he's just happy for the team? Very few players lift the world cup as part of a winning team, it's not surprising when someone just missed out on the opportunity that they wish they could turn back time.
There is a difference between telling you are upset because you didn't win it and you didn't want your NT to win it.

Tir Na Nog

There is a difference between telling you are upset because you didn't win it and you didn't want your NT to win it.

Yeah but his words don't really mean anything now like Dok said, it's not like he's said it during the tournament. He's basically saying it was tough watching his teammates go up there and lift the trophy knowing he could've and should've at least been in the squad and part of it. I don't think too many of the squad will be ringing Kos shouting at him telling him how dare he say such things, most of them will probably understand.

DVD

Wow! What a bitter little man!
I wonder if he hopes Arsenal lose when he is out injured and not around to take the credit?
Some captain!

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
LOLOLOLOLO!!!!!

Think it's his last season with us. Maybe if Deschamps had made him feel he was part of the squad even though he was injured, he might have.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I don’t have a problem with what he’s said but I don’t respect it either.

What seems baby-ish is moaning that his teammates forgot about him (well duh you’re injured and international teammates aren’t exactly on the same level as clubmates) and that Deschamps ‘only’ called him on his birthday. I wish I got a bloody birthday call from my manager!

Our Kos is a bit of a sensitive soul I guess, remember the great debate regarding the dressing leak and Kos apparently crying. :lol:

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan

Will probably play for the first time since his injury on Monday for the U-23s. Would you have him on the bench for either the NLD or the United game in midweek?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom