• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Laurent Koscielny

Status
Not open for further replies.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Koscielny didn't have a good season last year but we know how good he is or at least was. Mustafi is just stupid.

I can respect that opinion, but i'm still a pretty firm believer in Musti. In my opinion the highs outweighs the lows and the lows can be eradicated. (I'm giving him at least the benefit of the doubt until we truly have gotten to know the emery-arsenal).

I love Koscielny dearly, but i think he have declined since the second half of 16/17 in a very visible way.
He was magnificent last year at San Siro, but that's all i really remember from him from last year (good performance-wise, that is)

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
In all honesty, i think even the best centre back in the world would have struggled the last year of Wenger.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I don't see how Lolo walks into the current first XI. It may be he will be on the bench for the Manu game but, more likely, might see him at some point in the Qarabag game.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Hope he comes back into the team. He would love play behind Torreria :)

If Mustafi can improve, can you imagine how rock solid Koscielny would look?

A 33 year old Koscielny is better than a 26 year old Mustafi.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Hope he comes back into the team. He would love play behind Torreria :)

If Mustafi can improve, can you imagine how rock solid Koscielny would look?

A 33 year old Koscielny is better than a 26 year old Mustafi.
That means nothing. My gran is better than Mustafi and she's been dead 4 years.

Impact

Established Member
Looked delighted to be out there. Happy that he's made it back to the first-team. Hopefully he can return to a good level as we'll need him with Holding out.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I thought his days were done but to come back when we have CB issues is perfect timing. I think everyone likes Kos so good luck to him!

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Is he in his last year of his contract? I’d extend his stay here without a doubt. He’s still quality and we need a bit of continuity and experience as I feel we’ll have quite the clear out in the Summer.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Is he in his last year of his contract? I’d extend his stay here without a doubt. He’s still quality and we need a bit of continuity and experience as I feel we’ll have quite the clear out in the Summer.

Expires in 2020 I think. I'm sure it was mentioned that he'll be looking to head back to France when his deals up.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Expires in 2020 I think. I'm sure it was mentioned that he'll be looking to head back to France when his deals up.
I think he might change his mind about that now he's fit and back in an Arsenal shirt - though of course we might chose not to give him an extension

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I think he might change his mind about that now he's fit and back in an Arsenal shirt - though of course we might chose not to give him an extension
If he spends 10 years with us and maybe lifts a big trophy, he can do what he wants-after a Bergkamp esqe testimonial at Emirates. He's such a top guy.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I actually found this really interesting, hard to watch at the start however.

One thing they seemed to say is it's very possible Kos could come back and be physically better off, maybe quicker, more agile, better power and that he should be able to get back to the level he was or even better. They also mentioned how this injury could actually make his career longer.

I wonder if they are 'just' saying this or they actually believe it to be true. I genuinely thought Kos probably wouldn't play 1st team again, but if we could have a Sokratis and Kos partnership for a year or so I could see that being solid while we wait for a top CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom