• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Laurent Koscielny

Status
Not open for further replies.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
The day this guy leaves Arsenal is the day we might actual be able to build a solid back line, was terrible again vs Man United and was at fault for the first goal and didn't do anything to stop the second.

He's the biggest victim, no strikers fear him and fans of other teams never look at him as a threat but Arsenal fans always want to hype him.

Weird, I'm pretty sure we let 2 goals in minutes after Mustafi being brought in - coincidence ? I think not

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
The day this guy leaves Arsenal is the day we might actual be able to build a solid back line, was terrible again vs Man United and was at fault for the first goal and didn't do anything to stop the second.

He's the biggest victim, no strikers fear him and fans of other teams never look at him as a threat but Arsenal fans always want to hype him.
This guy needs an insult message on his profile.

United didn't get behind once before Mustafi came on. As soon as that nob comes on, all hell breaks loose.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Never known it this bad even during the seasons we had Eduardo and Ramsey leg breaks .

2013/14 was the worst for me, 35 injuries most in the PL and still comfortably first place for overall days missed with injury even when removing Diaby’s 248 from the figures.

It probably cost us the title as in the second half of the season 4 of our best 5 players were injured for the run in which lead to the dreaded Flamteta combo in the middle.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Kos should be fit for Sun vs City. I know we have lots of defensive injuries but in a few weeks it will all change. Marvro is ready now, Kos Sun, & Sokratis in 3 weeks. Then we will have just Bellerin & Holding out. I completely understand the club not bringing in defenders in Jan, it would be pure panic.

HBL

Established Member
Amongst all the chaos on Sunday I thought Kosc had another decent game defensively. Probably wasn't as good as I'd expect him to be on the ball but defensively him and Monreal were solid, it was the right hand side of the pitch (Iwobi, Lich and Mustafi) that let us down.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Not much really being said about this guy. I had my doubts that'd he'd even play again let alone put in some pretty convincing performances. He came back and understandably looked absolutely awful but he's really turned it around considering our defensive injuries and players being in and out the team.

I hope come Bournemouth a Sokratis and Kos partnership can get a string of performances in together while avoiding injuries and we can try and get some consistency in our back line. It'll be a huge boost to our top 4 challenge.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yeah he's been pretty good since returning. Looked finished before his injury, probably still is but hopefully can keep it together for the rest of the season.

Always good for a clutch goal too

Wryer

Fans are quick to forget. People were absolutely merciless when he had a few poor games at the start of his return.

I'd say he should no longer be starting games regularly, but should be kept around the team as excellent cover.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I'd love to win the EL not just for the club but to see this guy lifting a decent trophy alone. For what he cost and where he started to what he's done for us is remarkable. He's not truly WC but he's solid enough 90% of the time and has stuck with us through some dark times. I just hope he can stay fit for the rest of the year.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I'd love to win the EL not just for the club but to see this guy lifting a decent trophy alone. For what he cost and where he started to what he's done for us is remarkable. He's not truly WC but he's solid enough 90% of the time and has stuck with us through some dark times. I just hope he can stay fit for the rest of the year.
This and maybe its emotional but I'd stick with him till he retires here or at least give him the choice to leave by himself. I think he's earned that right for me.

And honestly, since his return he's done well. He is better on the ball than all of our CBs.

For me, he is a club legend.

TheEconomist

Established Member
This and maybe its emotional but I'd stick with him till he retires here or at least give him the choice to leave by himself. I think he's earned that right for me.

And honestly, since his return he's done well. He is better on the ball than all of our CBs.

For me, he is a club legend.

I think he said last year that he wanted to find a new club last summer as it felt a good natural time to leave along with Wenger, but he didn't because of the injury. Id love him to stay and share his experience and knowledge, but I wouldn't begrudge him leaving. I hope we let him decide either way.

Completely agree with you that he's an arsenal legend. He always stuck with us, he could have moved to a better team when we were struggling, there was interest in him, but he never caused any hassle. He just got on with it to a very good standard

say yes

forum master baiter
Credit where credit is due, Koscielny has been great recently.

I’ll never be able to regard him as a truly top CB given how often he ****s the bed whenever he’s left in charge, but when played with the right partner he’s a fantastic defender.

Sokratis has been a brilliant signing in that regard. If we can keep that partnership fit then we’ve got a serious shot at top 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom