Laurent Koscielny: Oh Capitaine, Mon Capitaine

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by THunter, May 18, 2015.

1. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Ozil+Laca+Auba ffs Moderator

2. DasBootist

DasBootist Well-Known Member

BOSSCIELNY is back!

Well done to all the faux experts who wrote him off after his injury.

3. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

The op done him good on the whole. The achilles finally just snapping my have prolonged his career :lol: I hoped it would/could.

pigge likes this.
  4. Mitch

Mitch Blocked by Ramsey on Instagram

Bossed it in the second half.

5. pigge

pigge Well-Known Member

Raining cleansheets since he had a run of games. Beautiful man we got here.

6. NieThePiet

NieThePiet Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

How many goals we conceded before and after his comeback?

I wouldn't even count the first or two games after the injury, because he wasn't 100% ready and only played because of the other injuries and suspensions.

7. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Kos is generally quite underrated by our opposition fans but is he quite world class. Not so sure about that. Certainly an important figure for us.,

8. tap-in

tap-in :-)

Kos has not only played well but has had a galvanising effect on the whole team. He's that kind of player, he gives everything in every game and I'm so pleased for him. I always complained that Wenger underrated the role of Captain because he was happy to have a Captain that hardly played. Kos is a great example of why your Captain should be on the pitch and not in the stands.

9. Mark Tobias

This drove me mad. Captains are hugely important.

10. tap-in

tap-in :-)

Not to Wenger, the only manager in PL history who managed to field a team in the 2nd half without a Captain on the pitch. He didn't even realise, that's the level of priority he gave to Team Captain. Arsenal were fined for this.

Jury and Mark Tobias like this.
  11. pikey2000

pikey2000 Well-Known Member

Been top class since his return, doesn't get anywhere near enough credit, media cream themselves over the likes of Maguire, Stones, hell even Smalling at UTD gets more praise than Kos but he just trots out and does his sh1t game after game.

Really like the partnership with Sokratis too, if you could say Kos lacked one thing it would be that he is not vocal enough at times, Sokratis brings that leadership to the table which blends so well with Kos.

Mitch likes this.
  12. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

Gooner Zig likes this.
  13. YeahBee

YeahBee Terrible hot takes

Does he have one year left on his contract or does it end in the summer?

14. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

One year.

15. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Policing Emery's English Skills

He has one of the main ingredients of a CB. Coolness under fire.

Even when Costa pushed him over he was calm, hoping the ref would see it. It was Gabriel who lost his head and got sent off.

He’s tough though, and goes in hard, but his challenges are still measured. On a rashness scale he is probably 3 put of 10. Sokratis is 7 and Mustafi 9. But like Kos, at least Sokratis is a half decent footballer.

albakos, OSBK and Mark Tobias like this.
  16. Mark Tobias

I remember one game against Norwich (I think) in the league. Was the last day of the season. I think we won 2-0.
    A ball came over head and was heading towards a striker and Kos leapt up and plucked this ball from the sky with his big toe. Brought it down and just signaled to the whole team we needed to slow it down and play our game. Was brilliant.

Makingtrax and OSBK like this.
  17. OSBK

OSBK Well-Known Member

Its the areas of the pitch that those rash tackles are made which is important. Kos in the early days was very rash and made those rash tackles in and around our box, he learnt quickly. Sok is rash but his tackles are made the stage before it becomes very dangerours. Mustafi is reckless in all areas and tries to do too much, his rash tackles which put us in very bad situations are down to him quite simply not knowing his position. Mustafi doesnt devolop and get better, he has hit his ceiling and needs to be moved on.

Currently van dijk is easily the best defender in the league, with gomes they probably have the beat partnership. Spuds best 2 cbs in alder/vertong then i think we probably have the best 2 in kos and sok.

Mark Tobias and Makingtrax like this.
  18. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Laca Respect for Alexandre

I disagree, I think he's quite rash and that's one of his biggest weaknesses. Like the fa cup game vs United where he ran at Lukaku and left a huge space for Alexis to run in behind him.

It's because Arsenal are notorious for having a **** defence and he's been a mainstay in that.

19. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Policing Emery's English Skills

As Einstein said, ‘All things are relative’.

Surely in the rashness tables he’s in league two, whilst Mustafi is currently top of the Premiership.

20. Mark Tobias

I'd say Virgil is currently the best defender on the planet. He is simply phenomenal at times.